The Prince of Ice

The Terror in your Eyes

The blood pumped and drowned him as power swamped his mind body and soul. Dimitri knew this was a mistake to do, it would only lead to disaster. “But if she won't let me leave than I'll have to beat her unconscious to let me go.” his thoughts raged as he continued on his one man rampage. The Gods were around him, but all he could make out were blurred faces, his target was Esmeralda. With a flick of his wrist the cocoon of ice smashed open sending stray jagged pieces of ice fall everywhere.

Esmeralda gasped for air as she slowly fell to the floor, hat first her body limp and then she began to move again. She tried to stand, but her knees gave way from underneath her and she couldn't so much as breath as she collapsed onto the floor. She coughed, it was blood as she clutched what looked like a broken rib.

“Come now I thought you'd be more of a challenge!”

A whip of water wisted from behind him and slammed her in the chest, sending her sprawling on the floor in the opposite direction. He looked at the side of him to look for once at his father, and for a second they meet eye to eye. Rall and dressed in a loose sea green shit and tan shorts he looked like a tourist coming a beach on coney Island. The oy thing about hi was the large brozed trident he held in his hand. For that moment they almost seemed at level with one another. But the moment was short lived as a bolt of lightning whizzed past Dimitri's left ear, forcing him to focus yet again on the task at hand.

“Fight me then you coward!” Esmeralda screamed as she hurled another one at him. This time he already had his move pinpointed, he was going to finally finish this once and for all. Dodging the bolt and with the most astonishing speed he traveled forward and grasped Esmeralda by the throat and hoisted her high above him.

Her choking cry was a sweet sound of satisfaction to him as he squeezed her small fragile throat under his powerful fingers. “Did you actually think you could win against me?” he sneered as he squeezed even tighter. She kicked at him and struggled but he couldn't let her go, he held tight and at the same time making his plot. Finally a surge of electricity moved down his hand making him reel and let go, but by then it was already planted. He stepped back and looked at her. She gasped for breath as she stood to hold her stance

“”Pathetic!” he yelled as he held his hand out and with the flick of his wrist she fell to the floor writhing in pain. Others soon flooded in but could only sit and watch at what was going on.

“Hey leave her be!” one shouted as he pointed his arrow at Dimitri's back. But a barrier of ice soon cut them off and left them behind a wall of sheeted glass and mist. “We can't get threw!” others used all they could but they couldn't get past the ice. Dimitri laughed as he flicked his wrist again caught a whole new batch of horrible screams from Esmeralda. “Just sit back and enjoy the view!” Dimitri snickered as he picked up Esmeralda's limp body and threw her again onto the tables where the Gods all sat. Gliding over to the table he picked her up by her raven Black hair and looked at them all behind that sheeted plating of ice he had pulled up.

“Now will I be allowed to go or will I have to break her neck!” He threatened as he smiled wickedly.

“He's bluffing! He won't do it!” voices jeered. But Dimitri stood there and smiled. Forcing Esmeralda to turn towards them he snapped his fingers, slowly but surly black splotches began to appear on her body. She shriek and howled in pain as everyone looked on in horror.

“The body is 80% liquid!” Dimitri said aloud as he dropped her to the floor.

“All I have to do is freeze a few bodily liquids and I could kill her 8 ways to doomsday. All of which are as painful as the last!”

He kneel ed down and and waved his free hand over her, she shrieked in pain. The others on the other side of the wall stepped back, they could see dark bruises begin to form and bulge from Esmeralda skin, she cried out in pain. The people gasped, but Dimitri couldn't help but to laugh at them.

“Either she lets me out of here or she dies! And I won't think twice of killing her.”

Dimitri cursed himself, yes he would and that was a big bluff. He knew he was sinking into his powers and he was falling in fast. Dimitris' power had its downfall as did many things. He knew when he fell into them to heavily they took over his body and they had a mind of there own. This made him more cruel and unfeeling, distroying what little humanity he felt in his body and turned him into a heartless blood thirst monster. It was Esmerelda's misfortune to have to realize this insane power and its harmfull manipulations.

Dimitri roase from his crouching position, “How rude of me.”

He swiftly turned to look at the Gods who had gathered behind him at the base of the table, they looked on at him there faces blank but there eyes speaking vloumes.

“I bow to the Gods, please forgive me for my prior rudeness in not agnologing you all.” he said with one sweeping bow.

“But I must deal with this nusance, and unless she realizes defeat she will die right here and now.” and with that turned from them. Looking over at Emerelda she was no longer there, but across the room closer to the barrier wall.

Dimitri smiled, the black bruises were still growing so she had only a limited amount of time, but he could see her gathering up her strength for another lightining attack as the last time.

“If that didn't work the first time, how will it work now?” he mocked as she faulted forward. The suffication was almost complete Dimitri laughed as he came closser. She was cluching her throat in a futile attempt to stop it but it was about to be over very soon.

“Do you feel it? That cold sufficating note of oblivion. Slow death coming in. surr5punding you. Your mind goes numb with the inevitable thought that death will soon claim your soul. And drag you to the firey pits of Tarturus.” he sneered as he lifted her chin to meet his eyes with her stormy ones. Then he saw it, something he never thought he would see in those eyes. Not only did he see a twinge of fear, but he saw his refelection in her eyes. It was a dark outlined face with almost black eyes, cold and baren of any compassionate life. Those cold eyes, how he remembered them as he looked at them when he saw his mother die, as he looked into the monster who did this to her. They were the same eyes, the eyes of a killer, the eyes of a cold blooded killer.

With a swift move he undid the bonds that held Esmerelda's breath and she gasped. She fell to the floor and Dimitri let her go. He stepped off the table and walked to the barrier and it melted away. People poarted to let him go by, but he could feel there eyes at his back.

He didn't look back, “Make sure she never comes near me again.”

People looked on in shock, xome were helpong Esmerelda up from the table, “Next time I will kill her.”

At that he walked down the hallowed halls of the corridors with only his thoughts to keep him company. He liked it better this way, no one around to judge him, no one to see him for what he really was....
a monster.

“Dimitri!!” a voice called from a different corridor. He looked back that way and saw Jade making her wqay down the hall to meet up with him.

“Did you defeat her? What happened?” she questioned, her hair in a flurry of copper dust around her. Dimitri brought himself to smile and nod.

“I'm leaving now so I won't see Artemis or Dotty. So tell them I said good-bye”

Jade smiled at him, she was a good head shorter so he looked down at her smiling face and for as moment was glad. Glad that she would never realize what a true monster her savior is, and what he was acapable of.

As he exited, he felt a twing of remorse as he looked back at the meeting hall. The sun was setting at this time and he deduced it was about nine in the afternoon, it would be a while beofre he would get back. Taking one last look as he exited the magical barrier he thanks the Gods that he was leaving, they all would be better off without him.

~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't been updating reregularly so I hope this makes up for it

Vote message ::vampire: or else!!!