The Prince of Ice

Black Coffee and Black souls

The meeting wasn't to take place in a few hours time; Dimitri looked at his watch, "Not until 8:00." He muttered as he crossed into a nearby Starbucks. Spotting a table far in the back Dimitri took in the smell of coffee and the mild music and conversation.

A waitress with bright red hair and blue eyes came up to him wearing the usual uniform he saw all Star Bucks employs wearing. She flashed him a huge grin and took out a pad and pen from her pocket.

“Well then sugar what will it be?” she was obviously southern from her accent. Dimitri found himself smiling back at her and ordering his usual goal of a black coffee. Eyeing him over with a twinkle of uncertainty in her eyes she put away her pencil and pad. “Aren’t you a little young to be drink black coffee?” she asked playfully as she walked away reading his drink. “If only you knew.”

Dimitri would need all the awareness he could get and the buzz of coffee was enough to wake him in these wee hours. Watching the cars pass by he thought of tactics to use and what not to do. The horde would be gathering in Central park at about 9, so he needed to be ready. What bothered him though was the type of monsters that would be there, they varied from place to place. Here in New York there were plenty of beasts all around some even in disguise. Dressed as normal people down the street or as a next door neighbor, even now in 2008 they blended in always in a crowd. The trick was on how you to see threw there disguises to what they truly were. Dimitri greeted his coffee with a smile and tip for the woman, the spoils of war.

Monsters came in all shapes and sizes. Some were as large as houses others were the size of any mortal man. Dresses and clothed in normal things, (or what they considered normal). Auras linger around everyone, and as a Demi-god they could see them. Dimitri looked around the passing sidewalk and saw the Auras of others. Blue was a natural color meaning peace, red was a harsh color meaning hostility and even evil. Evil lingered in everyone’s heart there was no denying that. Monsters had black auras which meant evil to an extreme, and walked around with feelers to sense said auras of humans. They lived off the evil within people and needed it to flourish, trouble was this is New York not everyone was a saint. Monsters having no souls, looked for the evil emotions within a persons soul to survive. Draining his coffee he looked up at the clock, it was seven already. Paying at the front desk Dimitri made his way out. The waitress that he had just talked to peered up at him,

“Be careful.”

Her words caught him off guard and made him take another look at her. Her name tag said Dotty so he nodded politely as exited.

“She was just being nice” he reassured himself as he kept on down the block and first catching sight of the park. There he saw them, it was a group of aura-less people obviously monsters. Monsters could sense a Demi-God so he kept his distance and be extemly careful not to atract to much attention to himself. Thoght what people may think monsters despiret some of there looks they grew smarter with age. As he saw them enter the park, quickly chatting away.

Taking his weapon out of his pocket and looking up at the setting sun he set his sights on his targets and slowly followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short I know, but if ya like leave comments and concersn I'd be happy to reply!