Trophy Body

First and Last

Horn glistening in the evening’s dim light, the creature stands it’s ground. Still as a statue besides the slight flick of it’s tail, it stares down it’s prey with hungry eyes. The innocent victim, a young girl of no older than nine, stares in disbelief at every child’s fantasy pet. A large grin stretches across her face, the girl not noticing the stallion’s ravenous look. All she wants is to pet the pretty pony.

She rushes forward with an outstretched hand at the exact same moment as the animal charges her. It’s sharp horn goes straight through her body, sliding past her ribcage and jabbing into various organs. She attempts to scream, but nothing more than a sharp breath comes out as she is skewered alive by the sharp object. Her eyes shut tight, then burst open. This time, though, they are filled with nothing. No sign of life is evident in her glazed eyes.

The animal lifts up it’s head, the young girl’s body staying in place midway through it’s horn. He hangs his head high, showing his trophy with pride. He lets out a loud grunt of some sort, calling over whoever can hear. A female of his kind appears out of the woods, strutting over to him. He bends down in a way that almost looks like he is bowing, and slides the child off of his horn. Her blood-soaked body sits on the ground, lifeless in front of them.

The female creature prods the body with a heavy hoof, flipping her onto her back. She bends her head down, her mouth hovering inches away from the child’s bare neck. She looks up uncertainly at the male, as if to ask whether she can have some or not. He nods, also bending down. They together feast upon mortal flesh, the savory taste of fresh blood filling their mouths. They gnaw her down to the bone, and leave her remains on the ground for anyone to find.

Damn unicorns.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't judge me. i like unicorns, and i like violence. >.<
332 words.
entered here.