‹ Prequel: The Tracks of My Tears

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Eighteen At Last!

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Chapter Nine

“What do you want to do for your birthday?” Joe asked Annie as he walked into the kitchen, no spurious that he found her eating, today it was a peanut butter and banana sandwich.... a pickle on the side.

“I don't care....”

“Its a big birthday... eighteen” Joe smiled at her, but just then she grabbed the peanut butter jar and dipped the pickle in it, Joe's smile faded to a slightly sickened look.

“I know it is... I just don't care what we do, but I'm tired of celebrating.... to many holidays in a row, I'm just not up to it while looking like a caw” she stated.

“I don't really care either.. I just want to get married.”

“What, you want to get married on my birthday?”

“No, the day after” Joe smirked.

“You want to get married the day after my birthday?” she asked, putting down the peanut butter.

“Well, like you said there's so many things to calibrate in a row, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, then your birthday, why not add one more?” Joe smirked, still.

“You serious?” she asked.

“I sure am” he smiled again.

“Well, that's not rushing or anything” she stated, smiling slightly back.

“Rushing?” he gushed. “Please, I've been waiting forever to marry you.... and I just don't want to wait anymore.”

She smiled fully at him now and just then Joe's phone rang, he pulled it out and put it to his ear.

“Hello, mom.”

“How's Annie?” she asked, not even a hello to her son.

“Fine, I'm looking at her right now.... she looks beautiful” he winked at her, Annie looked down, biting her lip.

“That's lovely, dear, have you got anything planed for her birthday tomorrow?”

“We were just talking about it, she says she doesn't want to do anything, she's not up to it” Joe told his mother.

“Oh, well, you two can come over for dinner then, I'll make her favorites.”

“Sounds great, see you then.”

He hung up with his mother and walked over to Annie, he placed his hands on her belly.

“She wants us to come over tomorrow.”

“She's not planing a big party is she?” Annie asked, worried. “I might die.”

“No, she said she was gonna make some of your favorite foods and that's all.”

“I'm good with food... bring on the food.”

Joe laughed at her new found love for food. The next day came quick, Annie lazed around in bed till noon then found herself in the kitchen, Joe walked in, she hadn't seen him since the night before, when she woke up he wasn't there.

“Good afternoon, birthday girl.”

“Hello” she smiled, as he thrust eighteen pick roses into her hands.

“How's it feel being an adult?”

“Um, it feels the same...” she tailed off.

“It wont after tomorrow” he smiled big at her.

“Are you sure you want to....”

“AH” he cut her off. “No need to ask if I'm sure... I already got us an appointment with a doctor, they have to do a blood test and shit for the wedding license, witch we will get tomorrow at city hall.”

“Well, your fast working, aren’t you?”

“You have no idea” he pulled her to him and kissed her soft. They got ready to leave then went to that doctors appointment Joe talked about. Annie didn't like getting stuck with the needles and the nurse she got was new and had to stick her three times, by the time they got out of the doctors office Annie was in a bad mood.

“Just think, we still gotta tell my family were getting married tomorrow... some of them are really gonna be happy.”

“Yeah, and don't we need a witness?” she suddenly asked.

“F*ck” Joe muttered.

“Oh, you think of everything, BUT THAT!”

“I'm sorry... I'm sure my mother will do it if we ask her.... I know she will.”

“Let's hope.”

Soon they sat around the dinning room table, Nick giving Joe rude looks, still not forgiving him for their fight on New Years.

“We have something to tell you” Joe suddenly stated

“The sex of the babies?” Danielle asked, hopeful,

“No...” Annie trailed off, looking over at Joe, they had decided it would be better if Joe breaks the news.

“Were getting married....” he trailed off, looking nervously around, more so at his father; who he knew would blow a fit.

“No crap” Danielle muttered. “We've known for awhile now.”

“No, I mean were getting married tomorrow” Joe stated.

“What?” almost everyone yelled, Joe's father just looked down at his food, not saying a word.

“Have you been planing the wedding without telling us?” Denise asked, looking hurt.

“No” Annie told her.

“Were getting married at city hall tomorrow” Joe stated.

“Don't you want to have a wedding?” Danielle asked Annie.

“I do... but I'm to fat right now.”

“Yeah... I mean no” Joe fixed his boo-boo before Annie really noticed. “We just want to do it quick, we've been waiting long enough.”

“No you haven't” they heard Kevin yell. “She's not eighteen twelve hours and you already have her married.:”

“I want to marry him...” Annie trailed off.

“Its still just totally sickening to me” Nick sounded off. “Even thought she's technically eighteen now its still way to much of an age difference.”

“Oh, shut up” Joe barked at his brothers.

“He has a point... I will never approve of this marriage” his father stated.

“I don't need your approval... me and Annie will get married weather you like it or not.... she's legal now, I can do what I want” Joe barked.

“I want to come and watch” Danielle then stated.

“You can come if you'd like...” Joe then trailed off, sighing.

“Your absolutely not going to this sick fest” Kevin then shouted at his wife.

“You can't tell me what to do, Kevin, its not the forties, I happen to be very happy for them, just because your a moron doesn't mean I am too.”

Kevin looked taken aback as Danielle got up and stomped into the kitchen.

“I know I've told you this hundreds of time's, Kevin, but you have married one heck of a woman” and with that Denise walked out of the room as well. Joe and Annie soon fallowed, it was the perfect time to ask Denise to be the witness.

“Mom...” Joe trailed off, once they got into the kitchen.

“Yes?”

“We kinda wanted to ask you if.... if you'd be our witness?”

She smiled sweetly at both of them, then hugged them both tightly.

“Nothing would make me happier.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter they will be getting married!!! Ya excited?? :) PLEASE COMMENT!!