Status: finished by the end of september~

Alex Gaskarth Must Die

SEVEN

‘Just a second!’ I yell in the vague direction of the door as the doorbell rings. Evidently, they either don’t hear or are just impossibly impatient because it rings again, again, and again. I wrap a towel hurriedly around my naked body and sprint downstairs, flinging open the door with a harsh ‘What?’ and glare at whatever idiot has decided to interrupt my shower and probably also break my doorbell.

‘Becky!’ Jack grins at me and pulls me into a one-sided hug; I can’t really do anything, as my arms are more importantly preoccupied with keeping my lady-bits under wraps, but I muffle out a hello into his shirt.

‘I’m sorry, did we invite another person to our pre-party party?’ Robin’s voice says from behind him. Jack immediately lets me go and whirls around to see Robin walking up the lawn.

‘You guys are having a pre-party party?’ His eyes widen and he peeks around me into my house, as if expecting to see hordes of people sipping cocktails on my couch.

‘No, Jack,’ I say, shaking my head. ‘We’re just getting ready for the party here.’

‘But it’s barely five and the party starts at eight.’

‘We’re girls,’ I explain. ‘Not everyone can just roll out of bed looking as amazingly hot as you.’

‘Ohh.’ Jack nods his head understandingly. ‘Sometimes I don’t understand how I do it myself.’ He motions up and down at his body.

Robin rolls her eyes as she stands next to him and drums her fingers on her arm impatiently. ‘Well, Jack, we’ve gotta get ready for the party so…’ I trail off, not sure if I should invite him in or just turn him away. He hums and then pushes open the door further and walks into my house. ‘Or there’s that,’ I mutter, and then motion for Robin to get in as well.

‘Well, what’re you gonna do while we fuss over makeup and clothes?’ Robin asks Jack as she locks the door behind her. He sticks his hands in his pockets and turns a few times, looking up at the ceiling and around my house curiously. I hitch up my towel and grimace at the damp carpet around my feet and my still dripping hair.

Jack shrugs. ‘You can show me around your house and then get ready for the party. And I’ll just, like, eat your leftovers or something.’

‘Uh, sure.’ I glance down at the carpet again and the small pool of water. ‘I’m just gonna- I’m gonna go dry my hair and put on some clothes,’ I say, and turn to run up the stairs. ‘Robin, show him around!’

- - -

By the time I get back downstairs, fully-clothed and with dry hair, Robin and Jack have moved to the kitchen. She’s standing by, leaning against the island in the middle with a vaguely annoyed expression as he looks at the magnets on the fridge.

‘We’ve been in here for ten minutes,’ she hisses at me. ‘I’m beginning to think he’s going to amass all this information on your family and kill you or something.’

I laugh. ‘Hey, Jack,’ I say.

‘Hm?’ He shuts the fridge door and comes out with a carton of orange juice. He shakes it quickly and then unscrews the lid, raising it to his mouth with a questioning look at me. ‘Can I?’

‘Go ahead.’ Robin makes a disgusted face at me and I shrug back. My brother’s the only one who drinks that juice, so it really doesn’t make that big of a difference to me. Jack smiles and gulps down the drink quickly, finishing off with a satisfied ‘Ahh’ as he puts it back in the fridge.

Robin shoots me a look, telling me to get rid of him. I clear my throat. ‘Uh, Jack? We’re gonna start getting ready, so you can just…hang out down here or something.’

‘Watch TV or something,’ Robin suggests. She’s been wanting me to fill her in on the first week of Project: Bring Alex Gaskarth Down, but we haven’t really had a private chance to talk ever since Monday. Apparently, joining the cheerleading squad also means sitting with them at lunch, walking around with them at break, and of course, colour-coordinating your dresses on Thursday. I’ve dragged Robin along with me, but she hasn’t really taken to them. When they talk, she just sits back and offers snide comments under her breath. It’s probably no surprise to say that they haven’t really taken to her, either.

Jack snorts. ‘You’re not getting rid of me that easy,' he scoffs, just as his phone starts singing All The Small Things.

'Saved by the bell!' Robin smirks as Jack rolls his eyes at her and answers.

'Hello? Oh, hey! Mmhmm... Yeah, I'm at Rebecca's... No, not her... Yeah, the new cheerleader... Nah, man, she's here with her friend... Ro-Roli-'

'Robin,' she says with an unimpressed look on her face.

'Robin, right, I was just getting there- Ugh, really? Again? I thought we went over this last week... Sure, man. Gimme fifteen, I'll be there soon.' He hangs up. 'Well, ladies, I know you're gonna miss my company-'

'So much,' Robin says sarcastically.

'-but I've gotta go.'

'Oh,' I say, putting on a sad face as we walk him to the door.

'Please,' he laughs, 'you guys couldn't wait to get rid of me.'

'Okay, okay, we were totally trying to come up with polite ways to kick you out,' I laugh. 'But I'll see you at the party, yeah?'

'Yeah, see you there. I wanna get you to meet the guys-'

'Who, Alex who always throws things at me and Brittany? Or maybe Matt, who does it with him.' I blink at him, completely and utterly sure that I don't want to meet any of his friends now that I've spent a week being visible for once. I've never really paid any attention to his friends except for Alex, so I really don't know what they're like. But from Brittany and the rest of the girls' stories about him and his friends, they don't sound anything like nice people.

'Fine, fine, they're not the best guys in the world. But you'll love them,' he promises. 'And Rian - my friend, Rian - he's got a girlfriend called Kara, she's nice!' he says hopefully.

'Okay, Jack, I'll meet them at the party. Now go, before Robin comes and kills you,' I laugh, pushing him out of my door.

'No hug?' he turns with his arms outstretched and a pout on his face.

'Nope.' I shake my head and close the door on him with a laugh.

- - -

From Brittany L. to Rebecca H. (CC) at 7:30AM, Thursday 15th ‘05
dress color for today is floral- try for cute country chic; flats, cardigans, belts. :)
and zoe + becca, wear those dresses we got at the mall last sunday!
♠ ♠ ♠
Jesus fuck, I kind of suck at this 'regular updating' thing, don't I?
Sorry about this chapter too; I was working on 7 and this was about 1/4 of it to be perfectly honest. I could tell I was no where near done with the chapter as a whole though, so I just figured I'd cut it up awkwardly in the middle just to get something out.

Comments = love and guilt for not updating daily. ♥

-x, max.