Broken Valentine

Broken Valentine

A girl sat on the ground with her back against a tree and her arms wrapped around her knees which she held to her chest. Today was Valentine's Day and she was alone once again though now she had a broken heart because she had fallen in love with someone she couldn't have. A paper heart laid by her feet torn in half much like her own which was shattered into a thousand pieces. On one side of the torn heart the words said 'I y' and on the other side it said 'Love ou'.

For months, she had been trying to leave the memories behind but those memories of when she was truly happy with him kept coming back. She barely cried for him anymore but sometimes tears would flow down her cheeks as she thought of him. Singing to herself, she looked around the old campsite then to the water before she got to her feet.

"Once more I'll say goodbye to you, Things happen but we don't really know why." she sang to herself before she stopped. "This is my Broken Valentine."

She picked up the torn heart and threw them into the water; she watched the pieces float there as the words began to fade away.

"Goodbye, we're better off this way." she sang. "I guess we're better off this way."

She turned her back, placing her hand over her heart before walking off into the night to head back to her friends/extended family.