Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 16

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I’m met with the sight of the front door. I glance back up the stairs but there’s no sign of Zacky or Shadows. Staring back at the door I take a shaky step down off the last stair and just stop. What would they do? Shadows would certainly kill me if I tried it again.
“I wouldn’t do it if I was you.” I voice suddenly says
I jump at the sight of Johnny sitting on the couch. He had been so quiet I hadn’t seen him sitting here. Taking a few deep breaths I walk over to him.
“No point in running.” I say as I sit down.
“You wouldn’t get very far, Shadows turned on the alarm system.” he says as he flips through the channels on the TV.
“Where would I go anyway? At least here I’m getting taken care of, even if Zacky does have a temper, it’s nothing I’m not used to.”
“What do you mean?” he asks as he stops on a news channel
“Let’s just say Jameson wasn’t the nicest when he wasn’t getting his way, and he always got what he wanted.” I say lowly, avoiding his stare and looking to the TV instead.
“And in other breaking news, the search for Annabell Wilson is still underway. The community is shocked by the gruesome murders of her parents and everyone that attended the house party. The police have no leads and are urging people to come forward with any information they have. As of right now it just seems to be a house robbery gone wrong. Our prayers are with the young girl and we hope she is returned safely.” The lady says as a picture of me and Lilly appears beside her. “We now go live to Kimberly Jenkins who is on scene.”
“Thank you.” She says. “As you can see behind me the police still have the entire property taped off. Police were contacted early Saturday morning with a frantic call from a housekeeper who had come in for work. A total of eleven people were found dead inside, including Gavin Doyle, Richardson Smith, and several other important business executives. Hundreds of volunteers have started to search the wooded area surrounding the house. So far all they found was a trail leading from the backyard to the front yard. Police think Annabell got away from the house at some point and tried to escape through the backyard.”
“Oh shit.” Johnny says, his eyes glued to the screen now.
“Several search dogs have been brought in to help out. A bloodhound named Duke has led police away from the house following a weak scent trail. They think the girl left the area in a car. Duke has lead them several miles away to an exit off the main highway, the police aren’t releasing any other information about where it is leading them yet.”
“OH fuck.” Johnny says again. “Shadows! Guys get your asses down here!”
Gates and Jimmy come in from the kitchen and stand behind the couch waiting for an explanation. Johnny pauses the program and looks up at the stairs. Pulling out his phone he dials a number and holds it up to his head.
“Get down here now. It’s all over the news.” he says frantically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this while on break from work. But i must go back...so i'm off to it. Leave me comments and such so i'll be happy and maybe i'll update again later tonight!