Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 17

The next stack of papers are Jameson’s financial statements. I look over them slowly, noting every deposit and withdraw, every loan, every bank statement. He was a greedy son of a bitch. Basically owned half of Georgia. I hand the paper to Shadows when his phone goes off.
“What?” he asks. I can hear the persons voice but not what they’re saying. He hangs up and jumps up suddenly making his way out of the room. I follow him quickly and when we make it down the stairs my heart jumps a little. They were all in front of the TV looking worried and she was crying.
“Play it back.” Shadows demands as I pick her up and set her in my lap. He rewinds it back a couple minutes and plays it for us.
“And in other breaking news, the search for Annabell Wilson is still underway. The community is shocked by the gruesome murders of her parents and everyone that attended the house party. The police have no leads and are urging people to come forward with any information they have. As of right now it just seems to be a house robbery gone wrong. Our prayers are with the young girl and we hope she is returned safely.” The news anchor says “We now go live to Kimberly Jenkins who is on scene.”
“Thank you.” She says. “As you can see behind me the police still have the entire property taped off. Police were contacted early Saturday morning with a frantic call from a housekeeper who had come in for work. A total of eleven people were found dead inside, including Gavin Doyle, Richardson Smith, and several other important business executives. Hundreds of volunteers have started to search the wooded area surrounding the house. So far all they found was a trail leading from the backyard to the front yard. Police think Annabell got away from the house at some point and tried to escape through the backyard. Several search dogs have been brought in to help out. A bloodhound named Duke has led police away from the house following a weak scent trail. They think the girl left the area in a car. Duke has lead them several miles away to an exit off the main highway, the police aren’t releasing any other information about where it is leading them yet. Back to you.”
“Thanks Kimberly. Again if you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Annabell please contact the police.” she says as Matt reaches over taking the remote from Johnny and turning it off.
“We’re fucked.” Brian says sourly.
“Let me think.” Matt says as closes his eyes and runs a hand over his face. “We’ll spilt up. California in five days. You know what to do.”
“What about us?” I ask, as I hug her close to me
“Your two will come with me. Everyone else go their own way.” He says as he opens a safe and tosses everyone fake ids.
“What about the house?” Johnny asks
“Burn it down.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, just a filler.
I want to thank some people.
Ashley the twisted
foREVer A7X
LetsJustDisappear
Star Angel

You guys are awesome! I really appreciate the comments. Everyone else should comment!