Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 2

I stood there, halfway behind a tree watching this girl swing slowly. I move to get a better look when I twig snaps under my weight. Shit. The girls head turns to look. Why is she smiling, she can’t see me.
“Is that you lily?” she calls as she stops swinging.
I panic as she gets off the swing and takes a few steps towards the trees.
“Come out, come out where ever you are” she calls louder. She takes a few more steps towards me, but then the back door opens and her mother calls her in. I let out the breath I had been holding and watch her walk away. I slip back further into the trees and wait to move until they pass the window. Pulling out my phone I dial Shadows number as I watch the girl through the window.
“Hey. Everything is in order. Pull the car up.” I say, and then hang up without waiting for an answer.
The girl is standing up, pointing up stairs. She stand there for another minute before looking down the table all of the people. My phone vibrates and I look down at it.

From: Shads
“We’re here. Where are you?”

When I look up again the girl is gone. I stand up and walk back to the front of the house. By the time I round the corner of the garage a black SUV is parked behind a mass of other cars. I walk over and pull the door open, hoping inside.
“Ok, V. What do we have?” Shadows asks as soon as I close the heavy door.
“The targets are in the dining room.” I say as I point it out on a blue map of the house. “There are two maids in the kitchen and the girl is upstairs somewhere.”
“Doors?”
“Three,” I say pointing to them “the front door, back door, and garage door. But we don’t have to worry about that one. You can only get to the garage from the kitchen, and that’s where the back door is.”
“Seems simple enough. Ok, V, you and Syn take the front door, me and Christ will take the back door. And Jimmy you stay here and keep a look out.” Shadows instructs.
“What about the girl?” Syn asks as we get out of the car. We all look to Shads for the answer.
“He said it doesn’t matter. She’s up for grabs.”
Me and Syn step onto the porch and knock heavily three times. I hold my gun loose behind my back as Jameson Wilson opens the door. He stands in the doorway in silence for a moment before speaking.
“Yes? How can I help you?” he asks, giving us inquisitive stares.
Right on cue a loud crashing noise irrupts from the kitchen, causing him to turn and look back into the house. As he turns back around to face us, Synyster points his gun at his head. The look of pure shock on his face is priceless.
“Backup.” I say pushing my gun into his chest. “How about we go see how that pretty, little wife of yours is doing?”
Syn pushes him into the house, giving me room to close the door behind us. Jameson walks down the hall with his hands up, leading us to the dinner table. Screams come from the room as we enter with guns drawn. Shadows and Christ are standing by the kitchen door as we push Jameson towards his chair.
“Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Glad you could make it.” Shadows announces to the terrified group. “Vengeance, go upstairs and find the girl.”
“ANNABELL RUN!” her mother screams as I turn to leave the room. I stop in front of her, bringing my hand up and smacking her hard across the face. Jameson stands up only to be pushed back down by Shads.
“Don’t try it tough guy.” He says, “Go on and get her V.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 660