Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 28

“Zacky!” She screams from a distance.
My heart is pounding in my chest as my feet carry me towards her helpless cries. Shadows says nothing from behind me, but he keeps up with my frantic running. I’m so ready to end this guy right now. Shadows grabs my arm and jerks me back, sending me falling to the ground.
“No.” He says roughly. “We wait until he leads us to his house. We have to make sure it’s done right.”
“I’m not letting him fucking hurt her.” I growl as I stand up.
“I knew we should’ve done this without you. Vengeance, we need this to go without incident. Don’t make me drop your ass to the floor.”
“Try it.” I say, the anger flowing through my body.
“Come on V. Don’t make us do it.” Gates says as he suddenly appears behind me.

I turn quickly and attempt to run past him but Shadows grabs hold of my left arm and Gates grans hold of my right, pulling me to the ground.
“Jimmy! Zacky! Please!” she screams loudly. “Please I’ll be good! Please!”
I open my mouth to scream for her, but a hand covers it before I can get any words out. I scream into Johnny’s hand as they struggle to hold me down.

“Whoa there buddy, she’s gonna be fine.” Jimmy says as he stumbles out of some bushes and sees us.
“Rev, go watch her. If he walks away tell her it’s gonna be ok.” Shadows orders him.
I struggle in there arms as Jimmy walks away towards the sound of her crying.
“Now. When he gets back we’re gonna get in the car, follow this asshole to his house, and then you can kill him. We’re not gonna let anything happen to her. We care about her too. I’m not gonna let you up until we know for sure that you’re not gonna jump up and ruin this plan. So just sit tight.”

I shake my head in understanding and then pull away from Johnny’s hand. I don’t say anything, just glare at them all. She is so close I can her cries and my heart breaks at the sound.

“If anything happens to her I’ll kill you all.” I threaten.
“This isn’t the first time you’ve said you were gonna kill us.” Gates smiles “Remember that time in 10th grade when we stole Marry Miller’s bra and we put it in your locker. Her boyfriend beat your ass after school. That was some funny shit.”
“I remember that.” Laughs Johnny “That guy was huge. He beat us all up at one point in high school; expect Jimmy, who refused to come down from that tree to get his beating. He stayed up there all fucking day.”
“No one’s life was at stake then, her life is.” I growl at them as Jimmy come back through the bushes.
“He’s got in his car. We better hurry up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Questions? Comments? Concerns?