Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 29

I shake uncontrollably as I lay on the hard, concrete floor. Whether from fear or the cold, I can’t tell. I can hear him moving around up stairs, singing lowly to himself. I don’t know how long I’ve been down here, but the minutes feel like hours. My hands had been cut free as well as my feet, but I’m in so much pain I don’t attempt to reach the only window in the basement. It had to be at least 6 feet up, and my small stature is no help.

The door creaks open and I hear him stomping down the stairs. Scrambling away, I put myself as far into the corner as I can, my eyes waiting for him to enter the small room. He opens the door at the bottom of the stairs and steps out smiling. I glare as much as my swollen face will let me. Hatred seething from every fiber of my being. Being kidnapped once was enough from me. This guy was sick, more twisted than Jimmy even.

“Hello little one, did you miss me?”
“Fuck off” I growl at him, gaining confidence as his face falters at my aggression.
“Now now, sounds like someone needs to be taught some manners.” He says, no longer smiling.
“And someone needs to go to hell.”

His anger gets the best of him and he scowls at me as he walks closer. A Knife gripped in his hand. I’m shocked that I didn’t notice it before and more worried now. No one is here to save me and I’ve got myself into more trouble.

“I’m gonna teach you to talk to me like that you little bitch.” He growls
Yanking me up by my hair he pushes me hard against the wall. I can’t help the scream that escapes my lips and I’m disgusted by the smile that appears on his face. I swing my fist out making contact with his jaw, ignoring the pain of him pulling my hair as he stumbles backwards. I scream loudly as I hit him again, letting my anger take control. He falls to the ground and I land on top of him, his hand still firmly wrapped in my hair.
He brings his fist up and hits me with the handle of the blade, sending me backwards off of him. He rolls over on top of me and brings the blade down to strike me when the sound of breaking wood and yelling from the stairs distracts him. Without thinking, i grab his hand the shove the blade into his chest. He gasps for air as blood pours from his wound. I shove him off and I scoot away, letting the tears flow freely.

Zacky runs into the room, his eyes dark with anger. He stops short of me, surprise showing through on his face. He looks from me to the guy and back to me. A small smile creeps up as he leans down and whispers something to the guy before pushing the blade further into his chest until he stops squirming and his face goes blank.
The rest of the group stumbles down into the basement as Zacky stands and opens his arms to me. I cry harder as he wraps his strong arms around me tightly.

“Never again will I let you out of my sight. I promise.” He whispers
“Wow, I expected his punishment to be worse then just a quick death.” Jimmy says as he kneels down next to the body.
“I didn’t do it.” Zacky says, the smile never leaving his face. “She plunged the blade into his heart. I just helped him die a little faster.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap. Someone just became a badass. That's what's up. Comments make me happy.