‹ Prequel: My 'Cool' Grandpa

My Un-'Cool' Half-Brother

Frankie wakes up

*Rosie's POV*
We had been sitting by Frankie's bed for a little more than half an hour, and she hadn't stirred at all. I felt another pang of nausea in my stomach and again I ran into the bathroom.

I washed my mouth out and walked back in. Frankie was still lying there, motionless.

I sat back down and took Frankie's hand back in my own. I looked at her beautiful face, scarred forever by that bastard she called Uncle. That bastard I called brother. I gently reached forward and brushed her hair away from her eyes.

I saw her eyelids flicker and I drew back my hand.

"D.. Did you see?" I turned to Jack, then to Billie and Adie.

They all nodded. "Yes, her eyes," Jack was smiling anxiously, staring down at Frankie.

Her tiny little eyes opened up and I saw her sapphire-blue eyes.

Grandpa's eyes.

Dad's eyes.

My eyes.

Tears of joy welled up in my eyes as her lips opened to reveal the perfect white teeth that only toddlers have.

"Mommy? Daddy? Jimmy?"

"We're here, Frankie, we're here," I gently brushed back her beautiful curls and kissed her forehead as Billie ran out to call in the doctor.

* * *

The doctor had tested everything and run all the scans. There was absolutely no brain damage. She recognized us all and was delighted when Jimmy passed her Mr Whirly. Jimmy and Frankie were sitting on the hospital bed playing with Mr Whirly as Jack, Billie, Adie and I chatted idly. We were waiting for Frankie to be discharged. She would have to come back in a week or two, to have the stitches removed, but she was well enough to come home and that was all that mattered.

*Jack's POV*
I buckled Rosie into the car as she chattered away. She was confused and a bit dazed, but still full of energy.

Well, she is related to Tre Cool.

Jimmy was fast asleep, he had been so happy when Frankie woke up. He jumped onto her bed and kissed her, he gave her Mr Whirly and he wouldn't stop hugging her. It was lovely to see them together again.

I drove home and Rosie and I put them in their cots, which, for now, we had moved into our room. We weren't taking any chances.