‹ Prequel: My 'Cool' Grandpa

My Un-'Cool' Half-Brother

The Kidnapper

*Rosie's POV*
I washed my face and walked back out. Adie, Laura and Emma were standing in the hall.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Mike, Ramona and Steve went to look around the café, docks and train tracks, that kind of area, Joey, Jake, Sarah and Ellie went to look around Berkeley and Gilman area... .um, Estelle and Mark are starting in East 12th Street and going all around town, Billie and Jack are going everywhere." Adie explained.

Jimmy ran in. "Mommy, tum wid me!" I followed him as he ran upstairs. We went into their room. I noticed an odd smell.

"Adie? Emma? Laura? Could you guys come here? We're in Jimmy and Frankie's room."

I heard the three of them walking upstairs. They came in the room.

"Do you guys smell anything odd?"

They sniffed. Emma recoiled.

"Eww, that's gross. What is it?" she looked at Jimmy.

"Not me!" he cried, folding his arms indignantly.

"No, it's not dirty diapers or anything like that.." Adie mused.

"It's chloroform," said Laura. "The kidnapper must have used it to make sure she couldn't cry. I'm going to need to look around in here, can I send for forensics, to see if they can find any fingerprints? It'll make it a lot easier."

I nodded. "Sure. Does anyone want anything to eat or drink?"

"Coffee, please," said Laura, getting out her cell phone.

"Yeah, coffee would be good thanks," Adie smiled weakly and sat down on the couch.

"I'll come and help you," Emma skipped forward and followed me into the kitchen.

I put the kettle on and Emma put the coffee beans in the mugs. She got out the milk and sugar. Then, she got out four bowls and four spoons and a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I smiled and finished making the coffee as she put two scoops of ice cream in each bowl. We put everything on a tray and carried it into the living room.

I handed everything out when the telephone rang. I answered it.

"Um, hey Rosie."

"Hi Eddie."

"How are you?"

"Not good," I sighed.

"Oh, what's up?"

"Frankie's missing."

I waited for him to gasp and ask how, when, why, what the fuck? Just like everyone else had. Instead, he chuckled.

"Are you guys playing hide and seek again?"

"No, Eddie. She's gone. Somebody's taken her," I began crying again. Adie took the phone.

"Hey Eddie, it's Adrienne. Yeah, Rosie's kind of upset now, she'll call you some other time." She hung up and hugged me.

"Don't worry sweetie, everything will be fine."

*Frankie's POV*
I woke up. My head was hurting. I was in a dark room that smelled worse than Jimmy's diapers.

I sat up. "Mommy? Daddy? Jimmy?" Silence. "Ganma? Ganpa? Ungle Teddy?" Still, there was silence. I started to cry. I was all alone in a strange horrible place, and I didn't have Mr Willy.

A person rushed in the room. Something shiny was in their hand.

"Shut up you stupid motherfucker," he kicked me and pushed me over. "Stay here."

"I wan' Mommy."

"Your Mommy doesn't love you anymore, or your Daddy," he leaned close to me and I whimpered. His breath smelled horrible and his teeth were stained and chipped. He was still wearing the mask. "Jimmy's gone, your grandparents have gone. No one wants you."

He started to walk away, laughing manically.

I cried even more. I really was all alone. "No! No! Do 'way! I don' like 'oo!"

He turned to face me. He walked back towards me. I whimpered and backed away.

"I said, shut up!"

Then, everything went black.

*Jimmy's POV*
I was in Mommy's room. She had fallen asleep, and I was hugging Mr Willy. Ganma Adie was downstairs with Emma and the lady.

I put Mr Willy next to Mommy, then I made her hug him. I climbed down from Mommy's bed and walked into my room. There was a weird thing strung over the door. It had funny shapes on it, shapes I didn't understand. I walked under it easily. The window was open. I saw someone climbing up through the window.

I gasped. I grabbed my building blocks and threw them at the guy. He looked up as I threw the fifth brick, and it hit him right in the eye. I giggled and ran off. I felt a hand grab at me and I screamed. The man had climbed through the window and grabbed me. I was screaming and screaming and screaming.

Ganma Adie came running in with Mommy and the lady. The man let go of me and ran. He tripped over my truck and fell out of the window.

Mommy picked me up and hugged me tight. "Sweetie, are you OK? Mommy's so sorry, Mommy never should have left you, Mommy's sorry, so sorry. Mommy will never leave you again, never, never, never." She rocked me back and forth, and I hugged her back.

"Don' worry Mommy."

*Kidnapper's POV*
I fell through the window, taking forever to hit the ground. I felt pain everywhere; my neck, legs, arms, head and spine.

I was dying and I knew it. I saw a large pool of blood spreading around me, yet I smiled. I had taken Frankie, one was enough. Now I was dying, they would never find her.

Three women ran outside and stopped when they reached the pool of blood. One of them was holding a small boy. I grinned. I recognised the boy and two of the women.

"Where's Frankie? What have you done with my daughter?" yelled one of them.

"See you in Hell, bitches!"

I closed my eyes and saw blackness, unending blackness. They would never find her now.