‹ Prequel: My 'Cool' Grandpa

My Un-'Cool' Half-Brother

Jimmy Joins the Search

*Frankie's POV*
I stood up and walked over to the door. I couldn't reach the handle. I walked around the room. It was smelly and dirty. It was really dark, but there was a little space on the wall that seemed to be lighter.

I walked over to it and pulled back some material covering a window. I looked out. I could see the building next to us and a little alley way. I walked back to the pile of blankets on the floor and took them over to the window. I sat on the window sill and snuggled up in the dirty, torn blankets. I started to cry.

"I wan' Mommy."

*Rosie's POV*
I ran into the hospital with Jimmy in my arms. Adie and Emma ran in behind me. I walked up to the desk.

"A man's just been brought in, he lost a lot of blood, broken a couple of bones... "

"I'm sorry, unless I have a name, there's nothing I can do. Please take a seat."

"NO! I need to know where he is!"

A paramedic walked out. He saw me and stopped.

"Ah, are you looking for the man that we just picked up?"

I sighed. "Yes!"

"I'm afraid he has passed away. He broke his neck and cut himself severely falling out of the window. He had lost a lot of blood and his broken bones severed his spinal cord. There was nothing we could do."

I sat down and started crying. The paramedic sat down and out his arm round me.

"I'm very sorry. Do you need help as to having the body taken to a mortuary? We can sort that kind of stuff out for you."

"No, no you don't understand! He took my daughter and came back for my son and we have no idea where he took her!"

The paramedic looked shocked. "Um, we are looking for any form of ID. Once we've found it, we can do a check and find out every property that he or she owns. How long has your daughter been missing?"

I checked my watch. "Um, about a day and a half."

"OK. We'll do everything we can, I promise." He got up and walked away.

"Don' cwy, Mommy. I find Fwankie!" Jimmy jumped down from my lap and started to walk away. He was headed towards the exit. I jumped up and started rushing through the crowd of people in the hospital reception. I pushed past, but I had lost sight of him.

"Jimmy! Jimmy!"

Someone grabbed my arm. I turned.

"Billie!"

Billie smiled at me. "We got a call saying to come to the hospital, then we found Jimmy running towards us, full speed. What's going on?"

"The guy came back to take Jimmy. We heard him and stopped him. He tried to get away and fell out the window. He's dead and we still don't know where Frankie is. Then Jimmy starts saying he knows where Frankie is and running off... ."

"Wait a minute," Billie stopped me. "Jimmy says he knows where Frankie is?"

"What, you believe that a one year old knows where she is and the cops don't?"

"Well, twins have weird bonds like that," Billie frowned and scratched his head. "OK, I'm going to go and take Jimmy to where he says Frankie is. I'll take a cop as well," he stopped when he heard me protest. "Do you have any better ideas? We may as well, we have nothing to loose."

I nodded reluctantly. Anything that would help us find Frankie had to be worth a shot.

Billie took Jimmy from Jack, who was standing behind them.

"OK, little dude, you're coming with me." Billie hugged Jimmy and they walked off. I stood there with Jack for a minute, but then ran after them.

"Billie, wait!"

Billie turned and looked shocked to see me running up behind him. I caught up.

"I'm coming with you."

Billie nodded. "Of course."

"I'm sorry Billie, it's just after everything I don't want to let Jimmy out of my sight. It's not that I don't trust you... ."

"Hey, it's fine," Billie smiled and opened the car door. I got in and waited as Billie strapped Jimmy in. Billie hopped in the front and turned the engine on. We pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

"Right buddy," Billie said. "Where's Frankie?"