Sequel: We'll Be Okay

Race Against Time

Torture

I woke up with a start, my hands tied to something in front of me. I felt along the length of it. It was a rusty pipe, probably four inches around. I leaned forward, pulling the blindfold off of my face. I looked around, panting. Lindsay and I were in the same room, which meant we were most likely staying together. I had a killer headache, so I rubbed my temples, letting out a groan. A door opened. A well-dressed man walked in and appraised Lindsay and I.
"Hello, Lorelei and Adelaide", he said quietly. I fixed him with my most steely glare.
"Pourrir en enfer, de porc", I spat in French. He frowned.
[Rot in hell, pig]
"That's very unbecoming of a lady to curse and spit, Lorelei. Consider this a warning. I wanted to come and see how two of my newest ladies are doing", he said, running a hand across my jaw. I glared at him, but did nothing. Not like I could.
"Touchez-moi encore une fois, et vos chiens seront ramasser vos dents", I retorted.
[Touch me again, and your dogs will be picking up your teeth]
That got me a hard slap across the face.

"I was told you were a fiery one. Looks like breaking you in will have to take longer than expected", the man replied pleasantly as though we were lifelong friends having a lovely chat.
I pulled against the zip-ties, hoping for some reason that everything would come together.
"Why am I here?" I asked.
"Because you have been chosen specially for a specific task. You should feel honored, Lorelei", the man replied, his hand moving down my back. I yanked against the ties, wishing my feet weren't bound as well. He turned and smiled at Lindsay.
"Perhaps Adelaide will be more cooperative", he suggested. He sighed, looking at his watch.
"It'll have to wait till later, I must run. Master awaits", he said. He opened the door and walked away. Out of nowhere, music starts blaring in my ears. I writhed, trying to block it out. The music was terrifying. Angry music with abusive words by psychotics. I pressed my forehead against the pipe. What had I gotten myself into? I tried to block it out, almost successfully.

"This music is horrible", Lindsay moaned.
"I know. We can do this", I replied. The music started getting louder until it was almost deafening. The door opened and four guys walked in. Lindsay was forced to stand up straight. I felt something smash against my ribs and my legs. I gritted my teeth, forcing myself not to cry out in pain. The music was being drilled into my head. I was being beaten with something. A pipe or a bat, I couldn't tell. It was like when Poker had kicked me in the leg after I tried to coax out an abscess two years ago, but all over my body. I was released from the pipe, getting my hands tied behind my back. I felt a fist to my jaw.
"No, Viper, let her loose. Let's see her try to defend herself", one of the guys sneered. I felt the zip-ties get cut from my wrists. I rubbed my wrists, relieved to be released from them. I tumbled to the ground after getting smashed in the back of my knees.

I stood up, swinging at one of them with my fists. I got one in the chest, grabbing his throat. I swung him around, smashing him into the wall. I wasn't going down without a fight. I brought up my leg and collided my knee into someone's gut. Something crashed against my other leg and I was knocked to the ground. I let out a cry of pain finally. I knew some ribs had been broken and I was black and blue. I sank to the ground, defeated. Ring guys: 1. Undercover Detective: 0.
♠ ♠ ♠
The songs that were inspiring me during this dark chapter were:
'I'mma Tell' by Tech N9ne
'House of Horrors' by ICP [Insane Clown Posse]
'The Great Milenko' by ICP
'Voodoo' by ICP