Infinite Repeat

family reunion.

I hated unpacking. It wasn’t a fun task, unpacking never was. My dad was excited to have me home, but his new girlfriend wasn’t. I didn’t know he had a girlfriend, probably because we hadn’t spoken in months. She was probably two years older than me. I didn’t know what my father saw in her airhead, but I didn’t really care too much.

Since it was the first week of summer in Tempe, I figured that the party would be at Tim’s house, like it usually was. I dressed myself in a floral print top which was very inexpensive, unlike the rest of my wardrobe thanks to my very successful step-father. With the shirt, I wore a peach colored balloon skirt that went higher than my waist, and Dior wedge sandals. I slipped on my diamond watch and bracelet, which was a birthday gift from my mother when I turned seventeen and I put pale rose earrings in my ears. I knew I was overdressed for a party at Tim’s in Tempe, but I honestly didn’t care.

I pulled up to Tim’s at around nine, not even surprised at the amount of cars parked outside of his house. The parties were always here. I stepped out of my father’s car and made my way to the door that was wide open. Even though it had only been four years since I was last here, I wasn’t sure if they’d recognize me or not. I hadn’t changed too much from being sixteen. I’d filled out my curves more and my face was more defined. My hair was longer and a shade lighter, but that was really it.

Walking further into the house, I went straight to the kitchen to grab myself a drink. There was a random guy who I hadn’t met making drinks and after asking what I wanted, he simply handed me a Bud Light.

“My, oh, my, if it isn't Miss Addison Cohen, unless my eyes do deceive me.”

I turned at the voice, grinning widely. “Stephen!” I cheered, throwing my thin arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arm around my waist tight, pulling us closer. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Me? No, no, no, you, Addy! You’re supposed to be who knows where,” he laughed, pulling away, but still holding me close. His eyes met mine and he instantly broke out into a large grin. It was rare to see Stephen Gomez grin and I cherished it. “I haven’t seen you since our show in Austin last year. Look at you, baby girl, you look fantastic.”

Smiling, I placed my hand on the side of his head, feeling his hair. “Me? Look at you! You just get cuter and cuter every time I see you. Where are Baby John and the rest of the band?”

He shrugged. “They’re all around here somewhere, just keep your eyes open. God, I missed you. Have you seen anyone else?”

I shook my head, telling him that he was the first. His smile doubled, as if it were possible. Seconds later, someone yelled out his name. Glancing to the left, he scrunched his nose up. With an apology, he promised he’d catch up with me later. With a quick kiss to my forehead and a second promise that we’d hang out soon, he walked off to the male I didn’t recognize.

The loud music playing was irritating me, but it was a feeling I’d gotten used to after all my summers and vacations spent in Tempe. It was a typical thing for the music to get louder and louder as the night went on. The headaches grew stronger, but with alcohol, it made everything easier.

Walking to the center of the house, I saw the same familiar furniture pushed to the sides so that people could dance. I finished my Bud Light and threw it in one of the many trash bags that were hanging out in an attempt to have to clean up less in the morning. Once that was done, I felt a hand touch my waist. I expected it to be someone I knew, greeting me like Stephen did. When I turned around, though, I was greeted with a very unfamiliar face. He was attractive, though, very attractive.

“I’m Jace,” he said, flashing a winning smile.

I returned it, nodding my head. “I’m Addison.”

“Would you like to dance with me?” he asked. I nodded again. His hand slipped down to my hand, pulling me towards the middle of the large crowd of drunken teens and early twenty year olds. At first, I was turned away from him, my ass hitting his front as we grinded like the people around us. His hands were traveling low, but I let it slide. When his hand began to slip under the hem of my skirt, I pushed it back. He obliged, but turned me so that our fronts were together. I felt his lips touch my neck, but I let that slide, too. His hands tried under my skirt again. “Come on, baby,” he mumbled after I pushed his hands back.

I shook my head. “I said no, stop it,” I replied, trying to pull away from him. He pushed his body closer to mine, sucking my neck. I was disgusted. “Stop it, get off of me.”

“Just go with it, Madison,” he said.

“My name is Addison, get away from me, jerk.” I struggled to pull away, but he was stronger. Flashbacks of what happened years before ran through my mind like a movie. I shut my eyes tight, feeling the feeling of the hands all those years ago. I continued to try and push Jace off, but he wouldn’t stop. I knew he was drunk, but I thought he’d at least be able to stop. “Stop it!” I shouted.

And then he did. I opened my eyes, the movie in my mind stopping. Instead of him stopping on his own, I saw him being pulled away by Stephen and his younger brother, John Gomez, who I called Baby John. Many people had stopped to see what was going on, but those with more drinks in them didn’t even notice what was happening.

My feet carried me to follow Stephen and John to the front yard, where they were taking Jace. “What the fuck, guys?” he asked, looking at the brothers.

“No, you, what the fuck? She said to stop. If a lady says to stop, you fucking stop,” Stephen growled, his eyes narrowing as they threw Jace to the ground. I watched as John collided his fist with Jace’s face.

A few more of the familiar boys I used to know jumped in, letting John step back so his glasses didn’t break. He walked over to me, a crooked smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around me. “Hey love,” he said in my ear.

“Baby John, you’re gonna get yourself killed one day,” I replied, my arms tucking around his back.

He laughed softly. “You know we’d do anything for you, Addy.” As he pulled away, I kissed his cheek.

“Well, well, well, Little Miss Addison Cohen is back and starting trouble all over again, isn’t she?”

What I hated about coming back here after so long, was that people always greeted me like I’d been gone for a hundred years. I had to turn around each time, hug them, and then move to the next. Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, but it got annoying sometimes.

So instead of turning around with a big grin on my face, I simply asked John who it was. When he told me the name, now, that was when the big grin spread over my lips. I squealed out his name, spinning instantly and throwing my arms around him. Nick Santino was someone who I would always love. He was one of my best friends and he always visited me in Austin whenever he could. Out of everyone, I kept in touch with him the most. Our big hug was cut short but the whining of someone next to him, claiming how I didn’t love him as much. I laughed, hugging Eric Halvorsen next. He cheered like a little girl and I laughed again, like I always did when I was around Eric. He was hilarious and adorable, just like all of my Tempe guys, even though Nick wasn’t from here. He just visited a lot.

I glanced back at the huddle of boys hovering around Jace, telling him to get the fuck out and never come back. He was muttering words as he walked off and I couldn’t help but shake my head and laugh. All the boys who had jumped in had greeted me after, laughing and making a joke about how I always caused an uprising. I shrugged, hugging them all. It was only about five boys, Brian, Max, Loren, Aaron, and Justin.

After they all said their hellos, it seemed as if everyone had found out that I was there. All the people I used to basically call my family had greeted me with a large hug, saying that they missed me. The girls complimented my outfit while the boys told me that I ‘looked hella sexy’. Other girls who I had never met or recognized had either greeted me nicely, or looked at me in disgust. I didn’t care, though. I was used to it from Providence and from Austin. Working in a bar basically makes you scum to the elite of Austin, despite the fact that they were hanging out on Sixth Street. I shrugged it off most of the time and it was a skill I had gained successfully.

“Tell me I’m seeing a ghost, please, oh, please.”

“Addison Cohen, goodness gracious.”

I turned from my conversation with Jess to see five very familiar boys standing there. Pat was the first to walk forward, hugging me. Then was Jared, saying how I looked good. Garrett was next, kissing my forehead and making a joke about how I aged well.

“You look hella sexy, babe,” he said. It was the hundredth time one of the guys had said.

I rolled my eyes, accepting the hug from Kennedy. “Hey Kenny,” I whispered in his ear.

“I’ve missed you, Addy. Where the hell have you been? You look beautiful.”

Shrugging, I leaned further into his arms. “Here and there, you know. Thank you, you look very handsome, as well.”

He pulled away, kissing my forehead like Garrett had. I looked over at the fifth boy. Tim laughed. “I heard that Addison Cohen was causing trouble in my living room with a boy and Baby John and Stephen took him out, but I didn’t believe that the girl who never came back was actually in my house. Even more so, I couldn't believe that she didn't come and find me first thing."

I smiled. “What can I say? I’m full of surprises, Tim.” He laughed again, pulling me in for a bear hug. I accepted it graciously.

“Have you seen John yet?” I knew he wasn’t talking about John Gomez. With a sigh, I shook my head, pulling away from his hug. He made a face at me, motioning towards the kitchen. “He was the biggest wreck when he heard you weren’t coming back anymore. When Trey said he saw you, John froze. Then when L-Train said you were looking ‘fine as hell’, he went straight for the kitchen to get another beer.”

“I should go talk to him, shouldn’t I?” I asked, pursing my lips together. Tim nodded. I let out a sigh and said goodbye to the boys before making my way to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Addison.

John comes in next chapter. Comment and you'll get it... (: