Status: Complete

God's Gonna Cut You Down

Toothpick

"Why aren't you eating?" Murphy asked Eliza. She sat at the table next to Eunice poking at her lamb with her fork.

"I'm a vegetarian."

"Since when?" Connor asked.

"Since I found out that the animal this meat comes from was alive earlier today, and you killed it."

Connor rolled his eyes, "Just eat it."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"You need to eat more meat. You look like a toothpick."

"I do not!"

"Yes you do. You're just a bag of bones."

"I'm going to punch you."

"You have quite the temper, however, I know you're not going to punch me."

"Want to bet?"

Connor stood up and walked around the table. He kneeled down next to Eliza and turned his head slightly to the side. He stuck out his jaw and tapped it, "Go ahead, hit me."

Eliza drew back her fist ready to hit him.

"You can't do it."

"Can too! I bashed someone's head in with a phone, I can punch you."

"You did that because your life depended on it. You won't punch me though."

"Will you two just kiss already?" Romeo interrupted, still clueless to the fact that it was Murphy's affection Eliza wanted.

"EW! NO!" Eliza shouted.

Connor stood up, "I'll leave that for Murphy."

Eliza's eyes widened as her whole face turned bright red.

"Hold on," Paul said, "What did I miss?"

"You don't know yet?" Connor asked. He looked around the table. "Last night our sweet little 'Liza and Murphy were kissing in the kitchen."

"What did you do that for?" Murphy asked.

"I just thought something as special as Eliza's first kiss shouldn't stay a secret."

Murphy stood up and jumped across the table, tackling his brother. The two rolled around on the floor fighting. Eliza took the opportunity to slip out and go lock herself in her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Paul, she's almost twenty-three, she should have already kissed someone. Can't you just be happy that's all she did?" Eunice said in an attempt to calm her mentor down. It hadn't been long after Eliza snuck off to her room before Murphy, Connor, and Romeo went to bed as well. Paul was pacing the room, agitated.

"I want to be, but I just keep seeing her as this tiny little girl in a princess costume with glittery butterfly wings strapped to her back. She shouldn't be kissing boys."

"But she's not a little girl, she's an adult. I know you missed her growing up, but you can't force her to do it again. And you know Murphy won't hurt her. Honestly, I think her being with him will be good for her."

Paul stopped pacing and sighed. "I don't want to admit it, but I think you're right. I can't force her to be six again, and she is an adult, and she probably has those.......needs. It's just....."

"If she's with Murphy then you have to recognize her as a woman and not a child who needs your constant watching."

"Exactly."

"I know you want to protect her, but Murphy's the least of your worries."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Murphy laid in bed staring up at the ceiling, moonlight shined through the window, illuminating the dark room. He heard the jostling of the door knob and turned his head to see who it was coming into the room. He had half-expected to see his brother standing in the doorway, but instead, it was Eliza. "What are you doing?" he whispered.

"I can't sleep," she told him in a low voice. "I was hoping you would keep me company."

"Most people knock before entering a room. What if I had been naked?"

He thought he seen her blush at the thought. She walked over to his bed and sat down, causing the short nightgown to rise and reveal more of her thigh.

"What is it that you want?"

"You," she whispered.

He cocked his head to the side and she picked up his hand, placing it on her hip as she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. He sat up without breaking the kiss and wrapped both arms around her to pull her into his lap. As they kissed she slid her hands under his shirt, letting them explore what was underneath. When they finally broke the kiss they sat there staring into each other's eyes. Eliza's was filled with passion and need. Murphy went back to kissing her, trailing little kisses over her jawline, down her neck, and across her collarbone. As they kissed he thumbed the lace hem of her nightgown. She tugged the bottom of his shirt upwards and he whispered, "If you take mine off, I get to take yours off."

She smiled slyly and pulled the shirt over his head, throwing it to the floor, so he did the same with her night gown, dropping it so that it pooled next to the bad in a heap of silk and lace. He laid her down on the bed and hovered over her, kissing and caressing every inch of her skin. She gasped as he pressed himself against her, but excitement filled her eyes. "I need you Murphy," she whispered.

As soon as he touched the lace of her panties there was a banging on his bedroom door, and he heard his brother's voice, "Murphy! Get up you lazy ass!"

Murphy opened his eyes and yawned. It had all been a dream; Eliza had never snuck into his bedroom. He was hot and covered in sweat.

"Murphy!" Connor shouted, still banging on the door.

"I'm awake!" he shouted back. He wiped the sweat off his face then got up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Connor wasn't trying to be mean to Murphy or Eliza. He just likes picking on (and embarrassing) Eliza.