Status: Complete

God's Gonna Cut You Down

Home

"We can't take her to a hospital," Eunice said after the boys explained what Eliza had told them.

"She can't see though," Murphy objected, "Not to mention she has cracked ribs."

"I would love to take her to a hospital," Paul said, "but unless one of you can come up with a foolproof lie to explain everything and keep all of us out of jail we can't take her there. We'll just have to make due with what we have."

"And her sight?"

"It's probably just a side effect from whatever she was injected with. It's probably just temporary."

Murphy sighed, he was irritated, but they were right. After what had just happened it was too risky taking her to the hospital. Hopefully she'd be okay. "I hope you're right."

They got in the truck and headed for home. Romeo sat in the back with the spare tire, and Eliza laid across the seat, her head on Murphy's lap, and her feet in Connor's. Murphy stroked Eliza's hair while she dozed off. Paul and Eunice sat in the front, Eunice driving. Half way home Eliza's dream turned into a nightmare, and started kicking in her sleep. Murphy attempted to calm her down, and at the same time she and Connor both screamed.

"Why'd you scream?" Paul asked.

"She crushed my boys," he said in a high-pitched voice.

Murphy tried not to laugh as Eliza calmed down and he pulled her into a sitting position on his lap, so that she was laying against his chest. Her head rested on his shoulder, and he held her close, silently vowing to never let anyone hurt her again. She was a much stronger person than he had thought. Despite being beaten, she didn't consider herself truly "hurt". In her eyes, her family had gotten there before the real damage could be done. They had gotten there right before that bastard raped her. If they had of gotten there just a second later, she wouldn't be a virgin anymore.

Murphy thanked God that Connor had remembered about the farm, and that they had gotten there to save Eliza. He glanced at the clock in the SUV, it was almost midnight, and he had never even told her happy birthday. He closed his eyes and waited patiently to arrive at home. When they did Murphy woke her up and carried her inside. Connor went straight to the kitchen to get a bag of ice for his manly parts, and Murphy took Eliza upstairs so she could take a bath.
♠ ♠ ♠
I understand that there may have been a little confusion with some of the things in the last chapter, like Eliza losing her sight, and saying she was fine, despite being bruised and everything. So hopefully this will clear things up. I'll update again later tonight.