Party Queen Causes a Scene

10

I woke up with his arm round my waist and I rubbed my eyes as I sat up.

“Morning," he said sitting up with me.

“Feel any better?” I shrugged as I got up making coffee.

“Morning and who is this?” Bryan asked.

“Jonathan, he walked me home last night. Don’t mention Mason it’s over, he was there holding hands with another girl,” I explained.

“Jonathan if you want a shower you can use my bathroom if you want?” I offered.

“Yeah you can borrow some of my clothes,” Bryan said and he nodded, Bryan walked off and came back with some clothes.

“Here you go,” he said and Jonathan walked off.

“Before you say anything I didn’t sleep with him, you know he doesn’t drink,” I said and Bryan laughed.

”What’s he doing hanging out with you then?” he teased and I laughed.

“Do me a favor? Ring in sick for me; tell them I’ve got a stomach virus or something. Mason will show up today and I really don’t want to see him,” I admitted and he nodded picking the phone up.

“Can I use your shower?” I asked and he nodded.

“Be nice if he comes out before me,” I warned and he smiled as I grabbed some clothes and walked off.

I got out to find Jonathan and Bryan sat watching TV talking about football and I sat down with them.

“They said that’s okay and get better. I’m going to see my friends so I’ll see you later, it was nice meeting you Jonathan,” Bryan said getting up and leaving.

“Do you have work today?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Me neither, I’m sick,” I said and he smiled. We sat talking and I admitted I still was upset about the whole Mason thing, I lay back down under the blanket on the couch and he lay next to me.

“Your religious aren’t you?” I asked and he nodded.

“How did you work that out?”

“You don’t drink, you seem like you love your family and well the cross round your neck sort of gave it away,” I said smiling.

“Your hiding something,” he said and I stayed quiet.

“I just feel like there’s more to you than you let on, that your hiding something and part of me really wants to know what it is,” he added and I smiled.

“One day you might find out,” I replied and he nodded.

“I feel like I should be better friends with a girl I’m spending all day on the couch with,” he said and I laughed.

“What do you want to know?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Anything,” he replied.

“My favorite color’s green.”

“Mine too,” he replied.

“When I was little I always wanted to be a vet,” I said.

“I miss home and can’t wait to get back,” he said and I liked where this little game was going.

“I’m terrified of the dentist.”

“I sometimes worry what will become of me,” he admitted and I liked his honesty.

“I don’t really feel like anywhere is home.”

“I’m still scared of my mom when she shouts at me,” he said laughing.

“I was brought up to be religious but things changed that,” I admitted.

“I always see the best in people even if they don’t deserve it.”

“I trust people more than I should because I believe there’s good in everyone,” I admitted and he nodded.

“My family is the most important thing to me.”

“I don’t have a family,” I replied as I felt him hold my hand.

“Why?” he asked.

“Questions at the end, now your turn,” I said and he nodded.

“I like being around people.”

“My drinking has gone too far recently,” I admitted as he squeezed my hand.

“When I was little my mom used to play with my hair when I was tired or upset and it still makes me calm down and relax,” he said and I smiled.

“I hate arguments,” I said as I slowly started running my fingers through my hair.

“I was kind of upset when I found out you had a boyfriend,” he admitted and I smiled.

“Recently I’ve done things to get attention but it didn’t work and I regret them.”

“I’ve never been in a fight,” he whispered as I closed my eyes.

“I occasionally suck my thumb,” I whispered and he laughed.

“I lied when I told people my tattoo didn’t hurt.”

“I only really wanted to talk to you last night,” I admitted quietly and I felt him pull me closer towards him.

“I fell in love once and it hurt so I’m scared to do it again,” he admitted as I felt myself get close to falling asleep.

“It felt nice to have someone there when I woke up this morning and I don’t really want you to leave.”

“I love the simple things in life,” he said.

“I’ve got cancer,” I whispered really quietly.

“You’ve what?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I replied.

“You said you’ve got cancer,” he said rolling to look at me and I nodded.

“What? Why?” he asked and I opened my eyes.

“The same reason I don’t have any family, my parents both smoked and they died when I was 20 of lung cancer and now the doctors say I have it in one lung,” I said and his eyes widened.

“Is that why you’re not religious?” I nodded.

“Are you going to be okay?” he asked and I stayed quiet.

“Your having treatment right? Your going to live?” I shook my head.

“I don’t want treatment. I saw my parents put themselves through that only to die, why would I want that for myself?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Your young though, I mean if its early they can cure it. You can’t just let yourself die,” he said and I nodded.

“I can, you’re the only person that knows,” I admitted and he went quiet.

“Caleb sucks his thumb too,” he said and I laughed.

“Why doesn’t anyone know?” he asked.

“No family to tell, Bryan and me aren’t that close anymore and when I wanted to tell Mason he never came round,” I admitted and he pulled me close against him.

“How long have you known?”

“7 weeks.”

“Is that why you drink more? You only live once and you think you might as well have fun while you’re here?” he asked.

I nodded.

“So this is what your hiding, aren’t you scared?” he asked and I nodded.

“It feels lonely sometimes, like I don’t really fit in anywhere anymore. I’ve moved around too much, I was born in New Jersey then we moved to Seattle. Then a few years later we moved to Tennessee and then I moved here. It’s like I don’t know where home is anymore,” I explained.

“Your not alone, I’m here. I don’t want you to die,” he said and I nodded.

“I don’t want to either.”

“Then get treated, I’d stay with you,” he whispered.

“But what if it doesn’t work?”

“Then you tried at least, you didn’t just do nothing,” he explained.

I shook my head.

"Come on, I promise I won’t leave you on your own. I’ll help you.”

“You barely know me, we met last night,” I said smiling and he nodded.

“Maybe but I bet I know a lot more about you than anyone else in your life right now. If I prove I know you better than you think will you at least try treatment?” he asked and I stayed quiet.

“I’m taking that as a yes.”

“Okay but it has to be something I’ve not told you or the others,” I said and he nodded and then chewed his lip thinking.

“You tell everyone your name’s Lo but secretly you hate being called it. This might be a long shot, you prefer the name Lauren but your parents used to call you it so you’d rather be known as Lo,” he said and my eyes widened.

“I’m right aren’t I?” he asked smiling and I nodded.

"How did you know that?” I asked, I’d never told anyone. Nobody I knew now had known me when I was called Lauren.

“Because you have this look in your eye when hear it and it’s the same look I have when someone calls me Jon,” he said smiling.

“Now a bet is a bet young lady,” he said tickling my side and I laughed at him.

“I can’t believe you just did that.”

“I’m not just a pretty face,” he said laughing and I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“I’m scared,” I whispered and he nodded.

“I’m here, you know the others would stay with you too. I won’t tell them though,” he said and I nodded.

“I could fall asleep right now,” he whispered as I kept playing with his hair.

“Well sleep then,” I said and he shook his head.

“Your making me tired,” he said and I smiled.

“You love it,” I teased and he nodded.

“I do, you know the things you did for attention? Was that by any chance sleeping with people?” he asked and I nodded as he placed his hand on my neck running his thumb along my jaw.

“Gabe and Alex, it was stupid, how did you know?” I asked and he smiled.

“The way you panicked when I asked how did you know them,” he said as he closed his eyes.

“That’s it go to sleep,” I joked and he smiled.

“Your making me tired playing with my hair but I don’t want you to stop but then I really don’t want to sleep,” he whispered.

“Why?” I asked and me pulled me onto my side.

“I want to stay awake with you,” he whispered as he pressed his forehead against mine.

“How did you meet Mason?” he asked.

“In the bar where I work, he used to come in a lot we went on a couple dates and things went from there,” I replied.

“You should come hang out with us one day, I think you’d like the others.”

“Us?” he nodded.

“My band, Caleb he’s in it. I think you’d get on with Kent and well girls love Caleb,” he said and I smiled.

“Why’s that?”

“You really need to ask?” he said smiling and I laughed.

“He is pretty cute,” I replied.

“So do you feel better about Mason?” he asked and I nodded.

“Well if there’s anything I can do,” he offered as he opened his eyes again.

I saw him chew his lip and smiled.

“No more ice cream, I’ve still not recovered from last night but any other suggestions?” I asked smiling as I closed my eyes and he laughed.

“I can think of one thing I’d like to do but it wouldn’t help this situation,” he whispered.

“Try” I replied and felt his lips connect with mine.

He broke away.

“See didn’t help,” he whispered and I smiled kissing him again.

“That’s your opinion,” I said and he laughed.

“So it does help?” I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
RebeccaRiot!
sugarrluvr :D