Party Queen Causes a Scene

11

There was a knock at the door.

“Who is it?” I shouted.

“Alex!” he shouted and I laughed.

”It’s open,” I replied, I heard the door open.

“Jonathan Cook you sly dog!” Alex shouted and he smiled.

“Jonathan I thought you were different,” Caleb said and he laughed.

“I am that’s why nothings happened,” he argued back and I stayed quiet.

Alex, Jack, Gabe and Caleb all sat on the floor with another guy.

“This is Kent,” Caleb said and I waved.

“Hi I’m Lo,” I said and Jonathan smiled.

“You 2 would get on.”

“Looks like you 2 are,” Gabe cut in smiling and I flipped him off.

“So you heard from that jerk?” Alex asked and I nodded.

“I broke up with him.”

“Finally!” Alex said and I smiled.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have beaten him up though,” Jonathan suggested.

“It was one punch and he deserved it!” Alex protested.

“You guys just laying around all day?” Caleb asked and Jonathan nodded.

“Well we came to check you were both okay and to see if you were sick of him yet,” Jack joked pointing at Jonathan.

“We’ll leave you alone, if you want us text us,” Alex said as they stood up and I walked them to the door saying bye.

I walked back to see him sat watching me.

“So Lauren what do you want to do today?” he asked and I smiled.

“I liked what we were doing before,” I admitted.

“Well we can’t do that all day,” he said as I sat next to him.

“We could.”

“Well we’re not going to,” he replied and I nodded.

“Do I have to go to the doctors?” I asked and he nodded.

“I won the bet, I’ll come with you,” he offered and I nodded picking the phone up.

“Hello it’s Lauren Wilson, yeah I need to talk to Dr. Arnolds,” I explained as Jonathan looked out the window.

“Hi, yeah I’d like to reconsider my objection to treatment,” I said still uneasy over the decision and he told me to come down later today.

I put the phone down.

“See it wasn’t that hard, do you want me to come with you?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I want to if you want me there,” he added and I nodded smiling.

He went home to get changed and I got ready to meet him later on, I was terrified he wouldn’t be there when I got to the doctors but there he was waiting outside. He stayed with me and the doctor was happy I’d reconsidered and told me that luckily I was still in with a good chance of beating it.

I agreed to go to hospital the next day to start treatment and Jonathan said he’d come with me.

2 weeks later and I tried to hide it but I felt awful, I just didn’t want to get up in the mornings and I just wanted to avoid everyone.

Bryan had noticed the difference but I just told him I’d got a cold or something and he’d believed it not wanting to start an argument, I heard a knock at the door and ignored it. Bryan was out for the night and I just wanted to sleep, whoever it was wasn’t about to let me do that as they knocked again.

”Don’t ignore me Lauren,” I heard Jonathan say and I rolled my eyes smiling as I got up to open the door, as soon as I opened it he looked me over as if to check I was in fact okay and then he smiled.

“Fancy some company?” he asked.

“Do I have a choice?” I asked and he shook his head as he walked in shutting the door.

“So what were you doing?” he asked and I stayed quiet and he smiled.

“A grand total of nothing then,” he stated and I nodded as I sat back down.

The doctor had told me I’d feel a lot worse before I felt any better and mainly that was down to the radiotherapy and chemotherapy I was receiving but they kept telling me they were ‘98% sure that they’d destroy it’.

My stomach hurt beyond belief and just sitting was uncomfortable, I fidgeted next to him and he smiled at me.

“Pain?” he asked and I nodded feeling extremely sorry for myself and he smiled at me moving.

“Lay down,” he suggested and I rested my head on his lap.

“Lauren can we talk about this?” he asked and I nodded as I closed my eyes.

“Are you scared?” he asked and I nodded slowly and I felt his finger trace patterns on my neck.

“Would you seriously have not had treatment if it wasn’t for me?” he asked and I nodded.

“I feel like I’m forcing you into this and you don’t want to do it really but you’re doing it because I made you. I know I made that bet with you but I didn’t think you’d be in this much pain and I feel bad that I’m causing it,” he said quietly and I opened my eyes again.

“You’re the reason I agreed to this but I agreed to the bet with you, I knew the consequences and I knew it was this bad. I did watch both my parents go through it after all,” I admitted and he nodded.

“You don’t have to do this if you really don’t want to you know,” he offered and I nodded again as I closed my eyes.

“It’s too late now,” I admitted.

“Are you sure you don’t want anyone else to know? I mean you still work and that can’t be good for you,” he asked and I nodded.

“Working keeps me occupied plus who could I tell?” I asked and he shifted his legs.

“Alex for a start.”

“No they’d only feel like they had to do something and I don’t want that, I feel bad enough without people giving me constant sympathy,” I admitted.

“Hey don’t go to sleep on here,” he said and I sat up rubbing my eyes, he stood up holding his hand out towards me.

“Come on let me take you to bed,” he said and I grabbed his hand smiling at him.

“I’m not in the mood,” I replied and he laughed.

“You know full well I meant that innocently,” he said as I followed him into my room and I nodded.

“When’s Bryan home?” he asked and I shrugged.

“So your alone all night?” he asked and I nodded as I tried to get comfy.

“Stay over?” I asked and he nodded.

“I’ll sleep on the couch,” he said and I shook my head.

“Stay in here,” I said and he nodded.

“You can borrow some of Bryan's sweatpants or something, I’ll go get you some,” I said moving and he shook his head.

“I’ll go,” he said and he came back changed throwing his clothes on my bedroom floor before turning the light out and crawling into bed next to me, I felt his hand on my stomach as he started to rub circles on it and I smiled as I looked at him.

I shifted trying to find a way that was painless to lay and he stopped pushing himself up to look at me.

“Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded, he looked at me as if looking for clues I was lying before laying down again. He rested his head on the pillow again and went back to rubbing my stomach.

“Tell me if I hurt you okay?” he said and I nodded.

I put my hand in his hair and began playing with it, I felt my eyelids grow heavy and my hand stopped moving through his hair and rested on his neck.

He moved to kiss it before finally stopping moving his own hand on my stomach but keeping it there.

“Night doll,” he whispered and I nodded before finally allowing myself to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sugarrluvr :D
RebeccaRiot!