Party Queen Causes a Scene

14

3 weeks later and I was going to the doctor to have some final tests run, my thoughts about Jonathan had so far been correct.

I was no longer ill and we didn’t see each other as much, I felt more upset than I thought I would and I realized he’d meant more to me than I’d first thought.

I’d lived for so long as something I thought I was and in a way I thought made me happy and he’d made me think differently, he’d been there when I needed him even though he didn’t have to be.

He’d kept his promise and never told anyone else and he’d made sure I was never alone throughout it all but I couldn’t deny he was the only person I felt knew me or at least half knew me.

I’d only know him 9 weeks but he knew me better than anyone else and I guess I just missed that about him. He’d reminded me of my dad, he’d been from Texas originally and they way he spoke and the things he said brought back memories I’d forced myself to forget.

I thought forgetting, my parents would make it easier; I had no pictures of us out and never spoke of them, this way if I forgot them I couldn’t get upset. Jonathan had forced me to remember them and it wasn’t as painful as I thought, sure they’d put me here but they’d given me so much in life.

My mom had always been there when I needed her and she’d taught me a lot about being a ‘good wife’ as she’d called it and my dad had taught me to discipline myself and my life.

Without them I’d never be where I was and although they hadn’t always been around when most peoples parents were in a way they’d set me up for life.

I was independent and I was happy, my dad had called nearly ever woman he met doll and when Jonathan said it I smiled, the mention of the word Texas and I remember how my dads eyes would light up and he’d talk for hours about how he’d grown up and Jonathan did the same.

Part of me was used to people leaving; after all I knew nobody now that I’d known 4 years ago but a large part of me didn’t want Jonathan to leave yet. I got to the doctors to see him sat outside and I smiled that he’d actually remembered.

“You look better,” he said and I nodded as we walked in.

They carried out tests and said to come back in 3 days time for the results; Jonathan walked me to work before going to meet the rest of his band at the studios.

3 days later and we were at the doctors again.

“Miss Wilson we’ve got your results and we can tell you that they’re clear. The treatment has worked and on every scan it appears your cancer has gone,” he said and Jonathan smiled at me as I sighed relieved.

The doctor explained that I’d have to come back regularly for check ups but that all was well, we left and Jonathan suggested we did something so I said we could hang out at mine and he agreed.

We’d been sat at mine for awhile when his phone went.

“Okay give me 20 minutes,” he said hanging up.

“Sorry Lauren but I’ve got to go, we’ve been recording and Marc says he needs me back,” he explained and I nodded.

“It’s okay I get it,” I said and he stood up.

“Maybe we can do something another time?” he offered and I knew it wasn’t likely.

“It’s okay I mean your busy and I’ve got work, we’re pretty different people,” I admitted and he nodded.

“Yeah I guess,” he said quietly.

“You have your life and I have mine, I don’t think we’re ever going to quite get each other are we?” I asked and he chewed his lip.

“I was trying, I mean I think I get you, you’re a great girl but we do see things differently,” he admitted.

“Exactly and maybe we won’t ever see things the same, you’re so nice and I really do owe you because you’ve kept your promises and I’d have never have done this without you,” I offered.

He hugged me smiling.

“I never did it because you were ill, I did it because you were nice. I get what your saying though and I guess I agree. Anyway I best go I’ll see you around Lauren,” he said leaving.

I sat down and felt awful, I’d never had a problem with people leaving yet with him I didn’t like it, I was sure it was because he’d reminded me of dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
sugarrluvr :D
RebeccaRiot!