Party Queen Causes a Scene

23

I got up at 2pm to see Bryan hadn’t been back and I sat there in my own stupid self pity before turning my phone back on to see more messages and calls from Jonathan, one among them was from Alex though.

‘Hey you, just checking in seeing as you had a big date last night. I was plain being nosey and wanting to now how it went, I’ll swing by your work later on to talk to you about it but I’m warning you I want details girl! xxx’ I sighed.

I wanted company right now but the only real friend I had was Jonathan and he turned out to be a user! Bryan was a dick and well Gabe and Jack weren’t interested in this side of a friendship, although from that text maybe Alex was? Or maybe he was just after knowing whether he was better in bed than Jonathan.

My phone rang and I was about to cancel it when I saw it was Alex.

“Hey,” I answered.

“You know when you make plans to see someone and they’re not there, it’s kind of rude Lo! Nah I’m just kidding they just said your home sick, what’s up babe?” he asked and I hugged my knees to my chest.

“Just feel really ill,” I lied and he laughed.

“I know a sick day when I hear one, there’s nothing wrong with you; ergh hang on Jonathan’s not over is he?” he asked.

“No he isn’t,” I snapped back.

“Okay so I get the feeling he’s a really sore topic right now, well I’m practically at yours now so how about you make coffee and we’ll chat?” he asked and I smiled.

“Yeah you’ve got a deal Gaskarth,” I replied.

"Good, see you in a minute,” he said hanging up.

He arrived all smiling and I made coffee before he sat down on the couch with me.

“Tell uncle Alex all about it,” he said putting his arm around my shoulders pulling me into his chest.

“Nothing,” I lied and he laughed.

“Babe, I’ve made girls cry before so I know the signs they’re unhappy and right now you’re showing them all. Plus you snapped at me when I mentioned Jonathan and yesterday you two couldn’t keep away from each other so something went off,” he stated.

“Yeah he’s a fucking liar!” I snapped as he rubbed my arm.

“Why what happened?” he asked sounding actually concerned.

“Oh he tries to be all nice and trustworthy but he’s just the same as all the others, guys in general are fucking jerks,” I stated as he put both of our cups on the table hugging me tighter against him.

“Now Lo I don’t normally allow this but if you want to cry I guess I can handle it, but not for long,” he joked and I smiled.

“He’s a good guy honestly,” he defended and I shook my head.

“No he’s not, he acted all nice to me and then was all about sleeping with me to tell me he’s leaving right after and I mean right after,” I said as I felt tears in my eyes.

“He told you he’s leaving just after you slept together? Okay so that was a wrong move,” Alex admitted as I cried into his warm chest.

He sat talking to me about guys and how he always thought Jonathan was a great guy and very good to girls but I refused to hear it, what would Alex know he’s never been close to him in that way.

“Look you can hardly sit here and cry to me about guys being jerks; I’m one of the biggest ones,” he stated and I nodded.

“But you never lied, you never made out it was something it wasn’t,” I said wiping my eyes and he nodded.

“You got me there,” he admitted as I turned my phone off after it started to ring again.

“Come on don’t be sad your face is far too cute for tears,” he stated trying to make me smile.

“You know sugar I’ve a got bundle of compliments that can make you smile and I’ve got all day to sit and say them too you,” he said smiling and I laughed.

“Aww I didn’t even need them, just a few cuddles and a cry followed by 1 small compliment and we’re back to smiling Lo,” he soothed his hand resting on my neck.

“Maybe you should talk to him?” he suggested after a space of silence and I shook my head.

“Lo come on give him a chance to explain, you gave Mason chances why is it so hard to give Jonathan one?” he asked and I glared at him for mentioning Mason.

“Because Mason was my boyfriend and we were together for a long time compared to Jonathan and I who aren’t anything more than friends; well we were friends,” I explained and he sighed.

“Plus I learnt from Mason to not believe a word,” I added and he nodded resting his head on my own.

“Mason told you a pack of lies and treated you like crap, I’d never treat a girl the way he did. Jonathan maybe hasn’t known you forever but he knows you well, you can tell he gets you; you spend so much time with him and yesterday you both looked so happy together. You looked like you’d been together for ages not just one night, I know if he was your boyfriend he’d never put a foot out of line because that’s who he is; I’ve seen him with past girlfriends and he’s the perfect boyfriend. You can tell when a girl feels loved and his girlfriends always seem to have that feeling about them, he’s never cheated or even let his eyes stray on girls when he’s with someone; we toured with them and he was in bed every night at 11 so he could get up for 4 to speak to his girlfriend,” Alex explained making me feel sad.

“He’s a liar,” I said quietly.

“Lo since the night you met him you’ve been pretty much close, when you had that illness not so long back that seemed to really hit you Jonathan came around here constantly to check up on you and hang out with you, would a guy who was only after sex really stick around through that?” he asked and I looked at the floor.

Alex was on about my cancer and I’d told them I was fine just a small cold but I was interested in knowing if Jonathan had said anything.

“Do you even know what was wrong with me?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yeah sorry, I asked Jonathan and he said I wasn’t allowed to tell a soul, he said you had a chest infection but not to mention it because it was linked to the whole stress from Mason thing. I never told anyone and I won’t, promise,” he replied.

So Jonathan told him a lie, he’d thought it through as well because that way it would cover my breathing and coughing problems.

“You can’t just not give him a shot after he nursed you through all that,” Alex said quietly.

“He never nursed me,” I snapped.

“Well he came around and looked after you, sat watching TV with you, he stayed over and I bet he got up with you if you couldn’t sleep even if he was asleep,” he replied.

He was right; he’d done all them things. I refused to talk about him anymore and Alex suggested going out but I said no so he said we should stay in, drink and watch TV; so 5 hours later and we were on the couch drunk watching something random on the TV.

“Ergh I feel so sick,” Alex complained as he lay back on the couch.

“Alex how come you’re a lightweight?” I teased and he laughed.

“Because I’m a cheap date unlike you,” he replied laughing.

“Meaning?” I asked and he smiled pulling me to lay next to him.

“You take forever to get drunk, its costly; you can keep up with Gabe and he knocks them back like it’s going out of fashion,” he slurred.

“I’ve noticed he takes a lot to get drunk,” I admitted.

“Yeah he’s hardcore,” Alex laughed.

“You know your right pretty,” he whispered and I laughed.

“Alex your drunk,” I stated and he nodded.

“Yeah but still,” he said putting his arm over my waist before moving to kiss me and I moved away.

“Alex don’t,” I said and he nodded before kissing my cheek, 3 minutes later and he was back at trying to kiss me expect this time he’d gripped me tighter and I couldn’t move away.

“Alex,” I snapped pushing at his chest and he pouted before chewing at his own lip.

“Seriously Alex don’t, let go,” I ordered but he shook his head.

“Lo come on, we’re drunk who cares,” he whispered and I looked at him.

“I care now stop it,” I stated.

“Come on Lo, I can keep this quiet; nobody will ever have to know this happened,” he coaxed and I shook my head.

“Because your that drunk you won’t remember it happening, now come on let me go,” I said pushing at his hand before he kissed at my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
RebeccaRiot!