Party Queen Causes a Scene

5

It’d been 2 weeks since I slept with Alex and I’d started to feel really ill, I was always feeling sick and Bryan talked me into having a pregnancy test.

I was terrified it would be positive, I couldn’t explain that to Mason and I knew Alex wasn’t about to suggest a long-term relationship but luckily it was negative.

Bryan was worried there was more to it so made me go to the doctors.

“What’s the problem?” asked the doctor as I sat down.

“I just feel really ill, I feel like throwing up a lot of the time so I did a pregnancy test and it was negative but it’s been like this for 2 weeks,” I explained.

“We’ll run some tests to see whether we can determine what it is,” he replied and sent me home to wait for the results, I got a phone call a week later asking me to go back and something didn’t sound right.

“Miss Wilson your not pregnant but we have found something we’d like to examine further, so we’d like to give you a scan. Do you ever have any trouble breathing?” he suggested and I nodded.

“Sometimes but my dad always said I was probably asthmatic or something,” I admitted.

After the scan he walked back in and sat with me.

“There’s no easy way to exactly say this but we’re afraid you have cancer,” he said and my eyes widened.

“Cancer?” he nodded.

“In your left lung but it’s extremely small,” he explained it all to me and I sat there shocked, he talked about treatments but I’d seen the news.

I knew people who’d had cancer treatment and they felt worse and normally it didn’t work, I wasn’t about to put myself through that for it to fail. I’d watched as people made themselves ill in there last days just in hope that they’d be cured but it never happened.

“Luckily we’ve caught this very early and we have a strong chance of beating it,” he said and I shook my head.

“I don’t want to have treatment,” I stated and he nodded.

“We can give you leaflets into information on it and how about you come back in a few days and we can talk about it again?” he suggested and I took them leaving.

I‘d never smoked in my life, yet I’d got lung cancer. I got home crying and rang the only person I wanted to be there, Mason. I rang him and he never picked up, I texted him saying we needed to talk but he never replied.