Party Queen Causes a Scene

8

I was leant up the bar watching the TV when I heard Alex’s voice.

“Did he keep you up last night?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“You trying to get your friend in a fight?” I asked and he scanned the place looking for anyone who looked bothered by the statement he’d just made.

“Don’t worry they’re not here,” I replied as I got them all a drink.

They stayed chatting before leaving.

“We’re going out tonight, you should come with us?” he suggested and I nodded and agreed to meet them here.

“Have you always gone out so much?” Jack asked as we walked into a club that night.

“Not as much as I do now.”

“Any reason?” he asked and I nodded.

“You only live once,” I admitted and he smiled. We stayed out all night and then the 3 of them walked me home.

2 weeks later and I heard the door and opened it to see Mason.

“You said we needed to talk?” he asked shutting the door behind him.

“Yeah weeks ago.”

“Well I’m here now so talk,” he said.

“Do you even care?” I asked but he didn’t answer.

“Mason do you care?” I demanded.

“Yes I care.”

“So where’ve you been?” I asked.

“Busy, my life doesn’t revolve around you,” he snapped.

“I saw you with that blond girl,” I stated.

“Which one?” he asked.

“There’s more than one?” he nodded.

“Why do you do this? I’m your girlfriend Mason not them; it should be me you spend time with! It’s me you spent 3 months with and practically lived with and then you start doing this, what do you want from me?” I shouted and he moved to kiss me but I stopped him.

“I’m tired Mason! I’m fed up of not seeing you and then shouting only for you to sleep with me and leave. It never solves anything,” I admitted and he nodded.

“This is what you wanted to say because I really don’t have the time for this,” he said opening the door and leaving.

He didn’t even care anymore, telling him wouldn’t change anything, why would he choose to stay with me when he has other girls willing to give him what he wanted without wanting commitment.

“What was that about?” Bryan asked.

“Nothing,” I replied as I walked to my room.

2 weeks later and Alex, Jack and Gabe came around.

“Tonight there’s a party downtown and we’ve got a spare invite so we thought you might want to come with us?” Gabe suggested and I smiled.

“Sure thanks guys,” I replied and they agreed to come by later to pick me up.

“I’ll be fine, they’re nice guys,” I reassured Bryan and he nodded walking off, 3 hours later and they were back and we left for the party. We walked in and it was packed so we got drinks and stood talking before going to dance.

“Guys what are you doing here,” someone asked and Jack turned around.

“Caleb!” he shouted and the ginger guy smiled.

“We thought we’d check it out, this is our friend Lo,” Alex explained and he waved.

“Caleb don’t just leave me, oh hey guys,” said the dark haired guy who’d appeared at Caleb’s side.

“Lo this is Jonathan,” Gabe introduced us as the guy shook my hand.

“So how do you know them 3?” he asked.

“We met in town partying,” cut in Jack and I smiled thankful that he hadn’t admitted I’d slept with 2 of them and made out with him.

“We’re getting more drinks you guys want one?” asked Gabe and everyone nodded.

I looked at Jonathan confused as to why he hadn’t got alcohol.

“I don’t drink,” he offered.

“Why?” I asked.

“Just don’t, never have never will,” he explained.

“Your strange to me,” I said laughing and he smiled.

“I drink everyday, whoa I sound like I have a problem. I work in a bar,” I offered and he smiled.

“Hanging round with them 3 it doesn’t surprise me,” he said smiling.

I noticed they’d left us alone but I wasn’t bothered, something about him seemed genuine, he seemed a nice guy someone you could rely on.

“So your from round here?” he asked and I shook my head.

“I moved here when I was 21 3 years ago, I’m originally from Tennessee,” I explained.

“I’m from Texas,” he replied smiling and I laughed.

“You don’t find too many southern people around here,” I admitted and he nodded.

The others came back.

“You want to watch yourself with him,” Caleb said and I looked worried that my instinct was wrong.

“He’s a bit of a charmer,” Caleb said and Jonathan smacked his arm.

“Shut up!”

“Jonathan a charmer? You’re joking right? If anyone is going to say the wrong thing it’ll be him,” Jack teased and he laughed.

“It’s true I have a tendency to say the wrong things,” he admitted.

We all stood talking and I was used to being second best to everyone around me, it was my job to be there when needed but blend into the background when I wasn’t. Even with Mason I knew my place and it was after music and apparently behind everything else in his life now.

I was used to having people talk and it not really involving me and I spent a large amount of my life in dream world but not tonight, Jonathan kept talking to me and when he wasn’t he’d look at me.

Normally I’d try to get out of it but I liked it, I liked the attention he gave me and I just wanted to talk to him for hours.