Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love with the Sun

In Love with the Sun

Around six, the doorbell rang, and Katelyn expected it to be Natasha. That girl had been non stop texting Katelyn to the point where she didn't even bother reading them; they were that pointless. Katelyn jogged to the door and opened it.

"Oh.. um, hey."

"Hi Katelyn," Brendon smiled before looking at her outfit, "nice wardrobe."

"Gee. Thanks," she flushed, feeling weird and nervous, "want to come in? I was just gonna make a grilled cheese.."

"If it's cool with you, sure."

She nodded as he stepped into her home. Brendon looked around as she led him to the kitchen. He wasn't judging the home on its size or cleanliness.. He was inspecting the family photos that featured Katelyn and her mother in about every one.

"So what do you want on yours?" she asked, getting the stuff out.

"Oh, just plain is fine."

"Good, cause that's what you were getting anyways."

Brendon grinned at Katelyn's humor, as he remembered what he meant to do.

"Hey Kaayyyy, I've got a present for youuu," he pulled a CD out for her. She took it from his hands, reading the familiar writing.

Bren, Ry, Spence & Brent- Demo

"Sweet! Are you guys happy with it?" Brendon nodded, and she gave him a hug.

"Thanks, Bren. This means a lot." Katelyn knew about Brendon's amazing voice; she heard it all the time. Now she couldn't wait to hear that CD.

"Brendon... I think we need to talk," Katelyn told him quietly as she began making their sandwiches.

"I know we do," he nodded, "Look.. Kay, I'm sorry I overreacted today. I get you were kidding around.. It just took me a while to realize it."

"Yeah, and so you got all offended and ignored me. You wouldn't even listen to what I had to say, which is what bothers me most."

The two continued to talk until Katelyn felt talked out, and ultimately apologized.

"I'm sorry too, Kay."

"Friends?" she asked.

"Only the best," he smiled, giving her a warm hug.

"What do you say we hit the town?" Brendon asked, and she shot him a look.

"Depends on where we go..."

"I was thinking Gelato Spot and then the arcade or something.."

"Gelato sounds good right now," she nodded.

"Sweet! Let's go!" he grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the door.

"Wait!" she screeched.

"What?" Brendon asked, setting his hands on his hips.

"I kinda need to change," she stated in that duh tone.

"Nuh-uhh! You look perfect. Let's go."

She sighed, grabbing her house keys and phone, shoving them into her bag along with her wallet.

Katelyn wanted to drive, so Brendon let her take his car. She turned on the CD player, and Third Eye Blind blasted out of the speakers.

"Awesome!" she grinned, pulling up to a stoplight. She parked nearby the small Gelato store, turning off the car and jumping out.

"I love driving your car!" she laughed, handing him the keys.

"You wanna trade?" he joked.

"For sure! I'd drive this over the tank anytime!" Katelyn referred to the 1982 Mercedes Diesel her uncle let her have on her 17th birthday.

After much persistence, Brendon paid for Katelyn's cheesecake gelato, as well as his raspberry one. They walked around outside, window shopping and talking as they ate.

"You know... I play cello."

Katelyn nearly choked on her spoon at Brendon's sudden revelation.

"What?!"

"Yeah.. No one in band knows.. Nobody besides Ryan, Spence, Brent and now you."

"Wow.. Are you any good?"

"Well, I'd like to think so," he flushed as she grinned.

"That's so wicked. I need to hear you play!"

"It's on the demo I gave you."

"Sweet." Then Katelyn heard three rather loud, familiar voices coming from the movie theatre.

"Oh crap..." Katelyn groaned, and Brendon noticed.

"What's up?"

"My so-called 'friends' wanted me to come to the movies tonight.. But I told them I was just gonna stay home.. They can not see me.."

Brendon pulled her into the Safeway grocery store, and so the two wandered around in there.

"Wanna go somewhere else?" Brendon asked, and Katelyn nodded in response, pulling the car keys out of his back pocket.

"Hey now. Not in public, missy," he smirked.

Once outside the store, Katelyn jogged to the car, hopping in and locking the doors.

"Come on! Let me in!" Brendon pleaded, knocking on the passenger window.

She had turned the music up a little, shooting a confused look to the boy outside. She started to back out, making him jump backwards before she stopped to let him in.

"Not cool."

"Oh, you know you loved it," she laughed.

"Totally," he rolled his eyes, buckling up..

"So, where are we going?" Katelyn asked, making her way onto a major road.

"Wanna rent some movies," he started, and Katelyn finished, "and have movie night at my house?"

"Why your house?" he huffed.

"Cause there's a Blockbuster right there, and we're headed that direction."

The pair had a blast picking out movies, ultimately deciding on 'Monty Python and Now For Something Completely Different' and 'The Nightmare on Elm Street'
Back at Katelyn's house, she made popcorn and got out some Vanilla Cokes, while Brendon set up the movie.

"Brendon!" she groaned once she settled on the couch and realized which movie he put on.

"Oh come on, it's not that scary!" he laughed.

Halfway through the movie, both kids were shielding their faces and hiding under Katelyn's huge blanket.

"Can we watch something happy now?" Katelyn asked, and Brendon agreed. She got up, dragging the blanket and Brendon with her to change the DVD.

Within the next hour, they forgot all about evil Freddy Kruger, and Katelyn noticed that Brendon had fallen asleep in her lap. The girl allowed herself to play with Brendon's hair while she watched Eric Idle and John Cleese causing ruckus on the TV screen.

The doorbell rang, and Katelyn jumped a little. Brendon merely stirred a bit, then rubbed his face and settled back down.
She carefully got up from under the boy, then went into the hall to answer the door.

"Hey Kate!" Tasha stood there with Sarah and Ty.

The three teenagers were clearly drunk, maybe even high, which made Katelyn glare.

"Guys, it's almost midnight. Go home," she told them.

"Nooo, Kate! We're sad you didn't come out, so we brought the party to youu," Ty slurred, holding up an empty twelve pack package.

"You know I'm not into that shit. Get out of here."

"Ooohhh. Someone's gettin' busy! Who's car is in the driveway?" Sarah laughed in an obnoxious voice.

"Seriously. You three need to get out of here, right now," Katelyn seethed, slamming the door in their faces.