Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love with the Sun

Summer, Summer, Summer, Summer

As Katelyn walked toward the door being guarded by security, she flicked through the few pictures she had taken on her camera during the show. It amazed her how much energy these guys put in to putting on such a great performance. Upon her arrival at the door, she shoved her camera in her bag and flashed the husky man her pass and he nodded, opening the door and letting her though.
The girl slowly made her way through the halls and was directed to a closed door that had a piece of paper with "Panic at the Disco" scrawled in black Sharpie taped to it, the lack of the exclamation point was a little disappointing, but it had been their decision to remove it. She went to knock, but she heard familiar voices on the other side, arguing.
"I don't know what to say to her, you guys. Seriously, I'm gonna barf again…" Brendon's clearly panicked voice filled the air, making Katelyn shiver.
"Dude, deep breaths. It's gonna be okay." Ryan's calm voice tried to soothe Brendon, but it wasn't working.
"Oh my God, I'm gonna puke. I'll be back."
Katelyn took the opportunity to knock on the door, and a taller guy with a beard answered.
"You must be Jon!" The girl smiled as she introduced herself, shaking his hand with a smile as he nodded.
"Come on in, Katelyn."
"Katie!" Spencer lifted the girl up in a hug and set her down so that Ryan could hug her as well.
"So… Brendon is throwing up his guts, huh?"
"You heard all that?" Ryan didn't seem surprised when she nodded slightly.
"He's just really nervous…" Jon, who had seemed really quiet, interjected from his spot on the couch in the corner of the room.
"Guys, I don't understand how I can still be puking if I have nothing but Red Bull left in me… Oh fuck." Brendon saw Katelyn and covered his mouth, stopping dead in his tracks.
"Long time no see, huh Brendon?" Katelyn had no idea what else she could say, so she blurted out the first thing that came to mind and it happened to be extremely cheesy.
Brendon was now wearing a red t-shirt, flip flops, and a pair of loose fitting jeans, and Katelyn noticed a new addition to him.
"That's an interesting tattoo…" Katelyn began to drift closer to him, and she noticed the others quickly file out of the room. She glanced at the piano keys adorning his left forearm, smiling slightly.
"Thanks… Did you like the show?" Brendon was doing everything in his power to keep himself from pulling her into his arms and never letting go.
"It was spectacular. A lot different from the last one I went to, but still really good in its own way. More intimate of a venue." He nodded at her insight, opening his mouth to say something about how she saw them on their last tour, before Katelyn cut him off.
"Look, I think a lot of Folkin' Around was for me. I know that you're sorry for what you did and I don't ever want to think about it again, okay?" She didn't want to think of the heartbreak she had gone through during the last two years whatsoever.
"Okay. I can do that. I just want to know if you'll be able to forgive me though." Brendon looked at her hopefully, feeling slightly sick to his stomach again.
"I think I did a long time ago." She gave him a weak smile before reaching up and brushing his shaggy bangs out of his face. Brendon smiled brightly, wrapping his arms around the girl and hugging her tightly, feeling like he was finally at home.
"I missed you so much…" Katelyn muttered into his neck, making his smile widen even more. He said that he had missed her as well, and that he never wanted to be away from her again. The girl pulled back, staring at him with a concerned look.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I don't know. I just, I thought we could maybe try again?" Brendon started to stammer, something he hadn't done in a long time. How did this girl manage to make him feel uneasy? Usually she made him feel more confidant than ever. Now he was just plain nervous.
"Bren…" Katelyn had no idea what to say, sure, she had expected that he would say something like this, but she didn't know how to answer. She hadn't thought that far ahead.
"What? I know you can feel it too."
"Feel what?"
"This, Kay" He took her hands with his and the girl immediately smiled, like it was second nature. When she looked up at him, he was smiling too. That was what he was talking about.
"I don't know. Things are really different now. You're not the same person you used to be, and I think I've probably changed too." Katelyn watched Brendon's smile falter as she pulled her hands out of his.
"What do you mean? How do you know I've changed?"
"Brendon, I talk to Spencer at least twice a week. And I'm not saying that you're different in a bad way... I think we need to take it easy for a while if we're going to keep in contact."
"I don't think I can do that, Kate." He looked at her longingly, doing everything he could to keep from kissing the girl.
"I don't know what to tell you then..."
"You're not seeing someone, are you?" There was a glint of hope in his eyes and she shook her head.
"Even if I was, it wouldn't matter if you knew or not... Like it didn't matter to you that I had no idea you were with Audrey." Brendon visibly cringed at the name he hadn't heard in years.
"Kate, I never meant to hurt you. I don't even know why I did that..."
"You still did though! After you were so paranoid about me and Spencer, you were with some other girl! It broke me in ways I never imagined it would." Katelyn was finally getting everything off her chest and it felt good. There were tears in her eyes, threatening her makeup, but she needed to say these things to his face in order to completely move forward. She let out a sigh, sitting on the nearby couch and rubbing her hands together nervously as Brendon grabbed a couple of Capri Suns off of the ground near his backpack. He handed one to the girl and sat on one of the chairs that was in a close proximity to the couch.

"How long were you with her?" Katelyn looked up at him briefly, their eyes meeting for a few moments before she looked down at her hands. She needed to know how long she was lied to, how long she was oblivious.
"Almost three months." He knew there was no use in lying. What's done is done, he always believed.
All Katelyn could say was 'oh'. She didn't realize that it would be that long, actually, she figured they would only have gone out a few times.
"When I was with her, it was nothing like when we were together, Kate, and I'm being honest."
"One more question, then I won't ever bring it up again. Why were you with her? Was I not good enough?" Katelyn's voice was quiet now and she was preparing herself for anything Brendon was going to say.
Brendon laughed, saying that she had asked two questions. When he saw the serious look on her face, Brendon frowned a bit, apologizing.
"No! You're better than anything I deserve, that's for sure. The guys say I was trying to fill the void because you were at school and I was in Las Vegas, bored off my ass. I couldn't keep myself occupied, and she was just, I don't know, there and interested in me."
A knock hit the door and Spencer peeked in, saying that they needed to know when to leave for Phoenix.
Brendon looked to Katelyn, asking her to come with them to Arizona.
"It's Saturday night. I have classes on Monday, Brendon…" Katelyn stared at him incredulously, but she had to admit he was still spontaneous.
"I promise you'll get back in time for your first class Monday morning. Just come with us."
Spencer watched as Katelyn asked about clothes and a toothbrush and stuff, and Brendon told her to shut up and worry about it later. He didn't want his friend to push the girl into anything she didn't want to do, so Spencer intervened.
"We can stop at a 24-hour Walmart or something if you want, Katie… Just come with us! It'll be a fun six hour drive!" Katelyn looked at him briefly, nodding. This probably has to have been one of the only moments Katelyn gave in to Brendon's pout, and they both knew it.

The girl sat on the couch in the tour bus quietly, twiddling her thumbs and looking around. She definitely hadn't planned on anything like this happening tonight of all nights. Spencer said she was going to just come and see Brendon, it would probably be awkward, and then she was going to go home to Irvine. They had stopped at a Walmart, like Spencer had promised, and Katelyn took the time to walk around with Jon and get to know him a little better while she shopped for a few essentials. He was actually a really nice guy, but that didn't surprise her at all.
Now Katelyn was on a bus with three guys she hadn't seen in forever and one she had just met that night. She had no idea what to do with the situation at hand, so she was trying to appear busy by texting Jess to let her know she wasn't coming home that night.
"Hey Kate, wanna play cards with me in the kitchen?" Ryan looked to Katelyn, who nodded and followed him to the little kitchenette.
Ryan shuffled the deck of cards he had found, dealing it out so they could play war.
"I'm glad you decided to come tonight. Bren's been a mess." He spoke in a hushed tone so only she could hear him.
"I didn't just come to see him. I wanted to see all of you guys, okay?" Katelyn sounded defensive, but she had to be. Ryan always saw right through her, and tonight was no different.
"Kate, I saw you during the show. You may think you're good at hiding it, but I know you still love him."
"Shut up, Ryan. Just please shut up." She shook her head, throwing down the cards and crossing her arms over her chest. Ryan stared at her with an annoyed look on his face, telling her that she should just admit it.
♠ ♠ ♠
My sleep pattern is taking a serious toll due to summer, but I get most of my major ideas at 2 am anyways.

Comment, subscribe, enjoy your day! :)