Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love with the Sun

All Was Golden When the Day

Katelyn had tried her best to avoid Brendon in the confined space of the bus until she couldn't do it anymore. She was exhausted from the long day and needed to get some sleep.
"You guys, I think I need to go to bed. Where can I crash?"
The guys looked at one another before nodding, and Brendon stood up saying that she could sleep in his bed. Katelyn followed him back to where the bunks were, but not before telling the others goodnight.
"Brendon you don't have to give up your bed if you don't want to. I'll just steal Spencer's or something."
"Don't worry about it, I'll sleep on the couch. I'm too hopped up on Red Bull to even think about closing my eyes." The boy let out a laugh, making Katelyn smile at his hyperactivity.
Brendon stood there, watching Katelyn slip off her shoes and look up at him oddly.
"Can I help you with something?"
Brendon shook his head, quickly diving into one of his bags under the bunk and grabbing one of his plain shirts and a pair of his boxers, handing them to the girl.
"Why thank you! I didn't even think to get pajamas earlier…"
He said that he knew and that she was welcome. Katelyn noticed that Brendon was getting closer and closer to her, and she started to feel more nervous than she had been all night.
"Bren, what are you doing?" She watched him reach up and take a strand of hair, twisting it around his finger and smiling when he let go and it twirled back into place.
"I'm doing what I think is right." Brendon set his hands on her hips, pulling the girl into him and pressing their lips together for the first time in months.
Katelyn finally gave in after trying not to let Brendon's lips have any effect on her. She tangled her fingers in his hair and pulled him closer before realizing what she was doing. When she worked up the will to push him back, she saw a look of surprise on his face.
"This can't happen, Brendon."
"What? Why not?" The girl put her hands on top of his, pulling them off of her hips and returning them to his sides.
"You know why. I shouldn't even be here. I don't know why I let you talk me in to this." She sat on the bed, her head in her hands as she sighed.
"You came because you wanted to! Don't pin this on me, Kate!" Brendon crouched in front of the girl and pulled her hands away from her face, making her look at him.
"I still love you after all this time and you love me, just admit it!"
"Stop, Brendon! Just stop!" There was no use in hiding her emotions anymore, the sadness was evident in her voice.
"Bren we need you out here..." Spencer was now in the doorway, watching the two carefully. Katelyn looked like a mess and Brendon clearly had desperation in his eyes and body language.

Brendon followed Spencer into the little living room, leaving Katelyn to change and go to bed.
"What the hell did I walk in on?" Spencer shot Brendon a glare while Ryan and Jon watched.
"We were talking!" Brendon tugged on his hair anxiously.
"Yeah, Katie was ready to cry her eyes out."
"What? Brendon..." Ryan decided to interject and the two looked at him. Jon didn't know what to say, so he kept his mouth shut.
"She didn't come here for you to pressure her into getting back with you!" The three began to bicker back and forth and Jon got up, saying he needed to use the bathroom.
He quickly returned to the arguing guys, saying that Katelyn had locked herself in there and wouldn't come out. Brendon immediately stood up, rushing back to the bathroom and rapping on the door lightly.
"Occupied."
Spencer, Ryan, and Jon watched from the entrance to the bunk room, all of them unsure of what to do.
"Kate, please come out..."
"Go away."
"I'm not going anywhere. You know me and I'll sit out here all night if I have to."
It took a few seconds, but the door opened and she mumbled something so the guys couldn't hear, and Brendon took her into his arms. He nodded to the guys to let them know he had things under control, and they went back to the living room.

Katelyn untangled herself from Brendon's arms and made her way to his bunk, getting under the covers and rubbing her eyes sleepily. The boy squeezed onto the small bed beside her, brushing the hair out of her face, thinking about the fact that she had admitted that she still loved him when she came out of the bathroom. He knew that didn't mean they were going to jump into anything, but it felt great knowing that she felt the same way he did.
The girl sighed, saying that she had never wanted to be apart for so long, that she had intended to go back stage during their first headlining tour, but she just couldn't do it. Brendon understood why though. If she had cheated on him, he wouldn't have wanted to see her either.
"I get what you're saying, and I'm glad that you decided to come tonight." Brendon resisted the urge to hold the girl, getting the feeling that she wouldn't be too enthusiastic about that. As much as Katelyn wanted to toss everything aside and pick things up right where they had left off, she still felt some sort of resentment towards Brendon for what he did. It didn't matter that he apologized or that she forgave him, she just didn't feel completely right about letting him back into her life like that for good.
"I can't believe I haven't seen you in nearly two years. A lot's happened since then, huh?"
"So why don't you fill me in? What have you been up to?" Spencer rarely told Brendon what he and Katelyn talked about when they were on the phone, and he made sure to mention that so she would tell him everything.
"I go to school. It's basically all I do, except for when I'm on breaks or summer vacation, when I work at Disneyland."
"No way, you work there?!" Brendon was surprised, because he had visited the park a couple of times since he had taken Katelyn there. She told him that she worked in guest relations, which explained why Brendon never saw her there. He asked for her to tell him more, but she merely said that she was boring and that's all she did.
"C'mon, Kate. Are you still playing violin?" They were laying so that they were facing each other now, and Katelyn nodded.
"I've played with a few orchestras and stuff. I was even in a band playing electric violin for a while, but I got too overwhelmed with a lot of things."
"What kind of things?" Brendon raised his eyebrow curiously and the girl shook her head, saying that she really didn't want to talk about it.
"It's not that big of a deal, Bren."
"You can tell me! How are you gonna fill me in on your life if you won't talk about it?"
"Fine, fine. I was in this band a year ago and I was seeing this guy who didn't like that I was playing with a few of the dudes from my classes. It wasn't a very good relationship." She shrugged, trying to spare the details that Brendon so desperately wanted.
"Katelyn, did he do anything to you?" He sat up on his elbow, watching her with concern in his big, brown eyes as she hesitated.
"Not in the way you're thinking. As soon as he started yelling at me and belittling me on a regular basis I was done." Brendon let out a sigh, saying that if he had been there, things would have been different.
"A lot of things would be different, Brendon, but we can't dwell on that. We just gotta move forward I guess."
"That sounds good to me."

Arizona was just like Katelyn had remembered from when she had visited with her mom. It was only April and it was supposed to be extremely hot, but the day was filled with scattered clouds and cool breezes. The guys and Katelyn spent the morning at sound check and then they all went out to lunch.
Katelyn sat between Spencer and Jon, and across from Brendon and Ryan in the booth of the diner, and she felt her phone vibrate.
You told B about abusive Aaron last night?
She sent Spencer a look as he spoke to Ryan about something and she quickly typed back.
Yeah he wanted to know everything, so I told him everything. Katelyn continued to look at her menu, trying to not make it obvious that she was texting the person sitting right beside her.
He wasn't happy about it…
The girl sighed, accidentally catching Brendon's attention.
Well it's not his problem to worry about. It's been over for a while.
Her phone vibrated while she was waiting for the text to send, and almost choked on her drink when she read the message from Brendon.
Quit texting Spencer at the table. It's rude ;)
Katelyn felt her cheeks flush bright red, her eyes meeting Brendon's briefly before she kicked him under the table.
"Ow! What the hell!" Ryan's pained voice made the other four jump, and Brendon burst out laughing as Katelyn fervently apologized.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it bad that I'm still listening to Vices and Virtues non stop?

Comment, subscribe, have a great day!
Much appreciated. :)