Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love with the Sun

and he didn't know how

With beers in their hands, the four stood towards the back of the open general admission area, listening to the opening bands and talking in between sets.

Jess and Elaine had immediately caught on to Katelyn's off mood, but Brendon was having a good time. He had been holding the girl so her back was against his chest, and his hands were set on her hips as they moved along to the music being played while Weezer's equipment was being set up.

"We're gonna go to the bar. You guys want anything?" Jess asked Katelyn and Brendon, who shook their heads before the two friends walked away.

"Are you having a good time?" Brendon breathed into Katelyn's ear, making sure he was close enough to her so she could hear him. She nodded, saying that she couldn't wait for Weezer to start.

Katelyn turned around so that she was facing Brendon, and it was then she realized that she was being vapid by thinking his attendance was an annoyance. He was a blast to have around, especially at concerts. He would sing softly in her ear at random moments, making her feel like she was the only person actually at the show.

"I love you." The words fell out of Katelyn's mouth without a second thought, catching Brendon by surprise. It wasn't like he was hearing the phrase for the first time, but he had been caught off guard by the look of endearment and desire in her eyes and body language.
Without saying a word, he leaned in and captured her lips with his, not caring if people were watching their kiss as they stood against the back wall of the section.

"Excuse me, but there are children here!" A woman's reprimanding voice broke them apart, forcing them to straighten themselves out and look at her sheepishly. The woman was in her mid-forties, her graying hair pulled up in a ponytail and her makeup straight out of the 1980's. A younger, teenage girl looked absolutely mortified as she stood beside what the pair assumed was her mother, but never the less, she couldn't keep her eyes off of the couple.

"Mom… Don't embarrass me, please!" The girl looked like a more youthful, smaller version of the woman, but she had a look of recognition in her light blue eyes.

"No. This is not some sort of peep show! No one wants to see that kind of thing!" She continued to scold the twenty-two year old couple, making them feel extremely uncomfortable. Katelyn and Brendon shared a look, knowing that their parents had never done this to them, at least not in public.

"Mom, please stop… That's the lead singer of Panic! at the Disco."
Brendon's eyebrows raised immediately; he hadn't been recognized by anyone so far, and two bands had already played. He was impressed though, and so was Katelyn.

"I don't care if he's the President of the United States! Keep it in your pants, young man!" She shot one more scolding look at them before turning and stalking off through the crowd.

"I'm really, really sorry about her. I gotta go, but I just wanted to say that I totally respect your decision to split from Ryan and Jon. Their wannabe Beatles music was such a turn off." The young girl waved and wandered off to find her mother, leaving a very stunned Brendon and Katelyn as Jess and Elaine returned with Vodka Red Bulls in their hands.

When Weezer began, the two were back in the position they had been in earlier, before the debacle with the older woman and her child. With
his chest against Katelyn's back, he craned his neck and placed a kiss on the side of her neck, then asked if Pretty. Odd. had really sounded like 'wannabe Beatles' music.

Katelyn had to resist any and all urge to lie to him; there was no doubt in her mind that it had sounded like something the Fab Four would have done.

"Yeah, sort of… I think Ryan was really influenced by them." She had waited for a break in songs to answer him, and he nodded in understanding.

"I guess I didn't really realize it until I heard it from that girl… The fans are brutally honest, and they know what they like."

Katelyn glanced at Brendon, saying that it didn't matter what other people thought as long as he had been happy with what they had done. There was no doubt that Brendon had been proud of Pretty. Odd. They didn't want to do the same kind of sound as their first record, but that was just a complete 180 and threw a lot of people off. She respected the fact that they didn't want to be a one-trick pony, but now she couldn't wait to see what Brendon and Spencer would come up with.

The pair sang along to Buddy Holly, smiling and having a good time. Whenever Katelyn glanced over at her former roommates, she caught them stealthily watching her and Brendon with huge grins on their faces.

"What?!" Katelyn had to almost shout as Rivers Cuomo played a raging solo, while she leaned as far as Brendon would allow so they could hear her.

"Nothing!" Elaine and Jess both giggled, making kissy faces and drawing invisible hearts in the air, laughing even more when their friend blushed furiously.

Katelyn laughed at her friends, leaning further into Brendon as the show continued on. The building was packed and the combination of alcohol and body heat weren't clicking well with Kate.

"I need to get some water. Come with me?" She had gotten out of Brendon's grasp and was on her tip toes, speaking into his ear so he could hear her. He nodded, taking her hand and following the girl to the bar.

"I can't believe it's three fucking dollars for a bottle of water. I could get a case of water bottles for that much at the store!" Katelyn bitterly drank the cold water, feeling much better to be in an area that wasn't crowded with people. Brendon leaned against the bar, laughing. He was cooling off too, knowing that it had probably been an unwise decision to wear tight jeans.

The music poured into the area they were in, so the two weren't in a hurry to get back to the muggy room.

"I can't wait to get home and out of these pants…" Brendon winked at the girl before glancing over to the merch stand. His eyes scanned the shirts and posters before he saw one that caught his attention. It said 'Troublemaker' in neon block letters and took up the whole front, which reminded him of the girl standing in front of him.

Without a word, Brendon led Katelyn over to the table, pulled out his wallet and said that he wanted the shirt in a size small.

"Bren, there's no way you fit in a small. Don't lie to yourself." Katelyn's smile was clear in her voice, and it only widened when he said it was for her.

"You don't have to get me a shirt..."

"Too bad, missy. It's a present." Brendon grinned, wrapping an arm around her shoulders once he paid and handed her the shirt. When Katelyn asked why, he said he shouldn't need a reason to give his girlfriend a present.

She gave Brendon a gentle kiss, saying she would have a little something for him when they got home.

"Oh really? What would that be?" Brendon was curious, but Katelyn only gave him a taunting smile, lacing her fingers with his, and walking back to her friends in the crowd.

The girl's phone vibrated in her pocket, making her sigh. She had a text and it was probably relatively important, but Weezer was playing Undone, the Sweater Song. Taking her eyes away from the stage for a few seconds, Katelyn glanced down at the little piece of technology sitting in her hand.

Can we talk?

The text from Spencer clearly rattled her, and Brendon took notice. It had been over a week since she and Spencer had talked, so why would he start this now?

Brendon set his chin on Katelyn's shoulder, reading the text as well.

"What does he want to talk about?" He gently ran his fingers along her sides, calming her before she could get too annoyed.

"He probably wants to call me a bitch or something. I don't know and I don't really care." She shoved her phone into her purse and set her hands on top of Brendon's, turning her attention back to the band on stage.

Once the show was over, Jess drove the four to a gas station so they could get slushies before making the drive to Santa Monica to drop Brendon and Katelyn off. There would no doubt be tons of traffic, so it was good that they weren't in a hurry.

Sipping on her Coke slushy, Katelyn glanced out the window and watched the cars on the I-10 around them. Traffic was at a standstill, which wasn't exactly a surprise for a Friday night, or any night, actually. She was reclined against Brendon, who was leaning back on the door so that they could sprawl out across the back seats. Upon checking her phone, she saw that Spencer had texted her two more times, and had even sent a message to Brendon asking if everything was okay. It wasn't like the girl to simply ignore texts, but she and Spencer weren't talking.

"Come on, you can't ignore him forever. He's too tenacious and you know that." Brendon spoke quietly into her ear, making the girl frown.

"I'll ignore him for as long as I please. I already texting him back saying no." That was all she had given Spencer; a simple one worded No.

Brendon began to kiss Katelyn's neck, making her giggle softly and set her hands on his thighs, squeezing gently to urge him to continue.

"Christ on a cracker! No sex in my back seat!!!" Jess yelped, glancing in the rearview mirror at the two lovebirds, heaving a sigh when she saw that they weren't stopping.

"Guys, I'll get the squirt bottle!" Elaine warned the pair, but this threat only made them laugh more.

They began to play along, making moaning sounds to try and get a rise out of the girls in the front seats.

"Oh, Bren! That's it. Right, right there!" Katelyn tried her best to hold back her laughter, while Brendon moaned playfully, but then they both couldn't contain themselves and broke out in laughter.

"You guys are gross." Elaine huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as Jess rolled her eyes.

The pair were dropped off at the apartment around 2 in the morning, and both of them were wide awake.

"Those were some pretty sexy noises you were making earlier in the car. They weren't as good as the ones you make when I'm the one really causing them though." She sent him a wink, hooking her fingers into the waist band of his jeans and tugging him towards her.

"Hey hold on. Let me grab something." Brendon broke away from the girl, walking into their bedroom and returning with a yacht captain's hat on top of his head and an ascot in his hands. Katelyn giggled at him, noticing that it actually looked good on him.

"O captain, my captain!" Katelyn quoted Walt Whitman, adjusting the hat so it sat evenly rather than to the right.

"Come on. I'm a big shot on Wall Street hanging in the Hamptons and you're my little something that takes my mind of the stresses of the stock exchange." Brendon sent the girl a smirk, making her feel a little nervous. She didn't think that he was into stuff like that, but things had changed over the time that they weren't together, so maybe he did a bunch of role playing with whoever he was dating then.
Brendon saw the hesitant look on her face, so he wrapped the navy blue ascot around her neck, telling her they didn't have to if she was nervous.

"I've never really done anything like this before.. Roleplaying just seems weird, you know?"

"I haven't either. I just thought it would be fun. I might be able to rustle up a pair of handcuffs if you want to play cops and robbers..." Brendon took her hands with his, giving the girl a reassuring look. Katelyn thought about it for a second, before throwing her arms around Brendon's neck and jumping to wrap her arms around his waist, giggling when she felt him set his hands on the backs of her thighs for support.

"Take me to the bedroom and teach me all about the stock market." She took his hat and put it on her own head, making him smile widely.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Brendon nodded eagerly, practically running to their room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long to update. I don't really have an excuse since I was on winter break and school just started.
I promise I'll be better about updating in the future. :)
Rate, subscribe, and comment.