Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love with the Sun

but he couldn't get out

"This is a lot harder than I expected it to be." Katelyn sighed when she and Brendon returned to the apartment after meeting with a realtor and looking at a few houses. It was more difficult to buy a house together as an unmarried couple, and they were forced to start making some decisions.

"We'll figure something out, Kate. Don't worry so much." Brendon was a bit more optimistic than Katelyn, but he knew that it was gonna be a bother to get a house in their current situation.

"I'm just gonna watch some TV and relax. I've got an episode of Supernatural recorded and it's pajama time."

The girl went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and a glass of raspberry lemonade, then retreated to the bedroom to catch up on her favorite show. Brendon knew better than to try and talk to her during Supernatural; nothing could tear her eyes or ears away from the screen when it was on.

So instead of sitting through an hour of two dudes fighting things that go bump in the night, Brendon decided to mess around in GarageBand on his Macbook Pro.

It was a Wednesday afternoon, so Brendon was surprised when someone knocked on the door. He wasn't expecting anyone, and neither was Katelyn, but he got up and answered it anyways.

"Spencer, what are you doing here?" Brendon saw his friend, who looked more scruffy than usual, and frowned a bit.

"I wanted to talk to Katie… She's been ignoring my texts and stuff." Spencer seemed almost hesitant and bashful, which surprised Brendon.

"Kate's not really in the mood to talk right now. We met with a realtor and she didn't have a lot of good news for us. She's watching Supernatural, too, so it doesn't matter what you have to say because she won't hear it."

"Will you just ask her if she'll talk to me?" Spencer was practically begging his friend, who invited him in and told him to sit on the couch while he went to see.

Knocking on the bedroom door and peeking in, Brendon saw Katelyn laying on her stomach at the foot of the bed, drinking her lemonade through a neon orange bendy straw, and watching her show intently.
It had just gone to commercial when he walked in, so she didn't seem annoyed.

"Hey Kate? Spencer is here and he wants to know if you'll talk to him." Brendon was now in the bedroom and closed the door behind him, watching Katelyn as she paused the TV.

"I really don't want to, Bren. He said some pretty shitty things to me and I don't want to deal with him right now." Carefully holding on to her drink, Katelyn rolled over and got off the bed.

She stood up and walked to the door, peeking out and telling Spencer to go home. The tall man looked up at her from the couch, disappointment in his eyes and a frown on his face.

"Let's just go walk down the boardwalk. We don't have to talk or anything. Just come with me?"

It was clear to Brendon that his friend wanted to fix things with Katelyn, and for once, he wasn't jealous at all. Brendon knew that Spencer's friendship with Katelyn was really important to him, so he told the girl to put on some flip flops and go on ahead. Supernatural would be there when she got back.

She shot him a glance, as if asking if she should really go and talk to Spencer. Brendon nodded, giving a reassuring smile and saying that he'd get them a few water bottles for their walk.

"So how are things going with your house hunt?" Spencer wasn't quite ready to talk about their fight yet, so he brought up another topic as they walked towards the beach while the sun began to move closer and close to the water.

"It's a lot tougher than I thought. Since we're not married, purchasing a house together isn't as easy. Not that it's an easy task on it's own." They sat on the concrete half-wall that separated the beach from the boardwalk and looked out at the people surfing.

"You guys will figure something out. Brendon's a smart dude, and you're pretty intelligent yourself." Spencer shot her a smile, trying to work his way back into her good graces.

"I sure hope so, but I still have New York in the back of my mind. With every terrible house we see, the tallies start piling up on the Daily Show side." Katelyn shrugged, smiling back at Spencer and feeling her animosity towards him fading.

"When's Brendon bringing Bogart home?" Spencer asked the girl with curiosity.

The pup had been in Las Vegas with Brendon's parents for a little surgery and recovery. The poor thing had been pretty sick for a long time, but he seemed to have been making strides towards good health. Brendon missed the dog terribly, but Katelyn had never met him. Whenever Brendon was on tour, the dog would stay with his parents because he 'wasn't comfortable' leaving him in a kennel.

"I think after we find a house and move in. Brendon doesn't want to mess with his fragile dog psyche. I'm pretty stoked to meet Boges though."

"You know, I've missed talking to you every day, Katie. After three years of constant communication, to all of a sudden not have that anymore sucked. I'm leaving for a couple of days to spend some time with Haley and my family before hitting the studio, and I didn't want to go without fixing things with you."

Katelyn wondered what she did to deserve a best friend like Spencer. She felt all of her anger towards him dissipate and then she gave him a huge hug, telling him that she was sorry.

Once they reconciled, Spencer walked Katelyn back to her building and said that he would see her when he got back.

"Let me know when you land safely and say hey to everyone at home for me." Katelyn smiled, pulling Spencer into a huge hug as he assured the girl that he would.

"I don't ever want to fight again, okay?"

Katelyn nodded, saying that she didn't either. They both said their goodbyes and she went up to the apartment, a grin making its way to her face when she heard Brendon playing 'Don't Stop Believin' on an acoustic guitar on the balcony.

She stood in silence and listened to Brendon as he belted the lyrics like only he could, knowing that he loved Journey. When he finished the song, Katelyn went out onto the balcony with a bottle of water for each of them.

"Thanks. Did you happen to hear what I was just playing?" He looked at her anxiously as she nodded. Brendon's cheeks turned red; he hadn't been expecting an audience, which was why he had been going all out.

"You were really good, like always. I wish I could sing like you can." Katelyn's compliment made him feel at ease and a smile crossed his lips. He asked if she and Spencer had reconciled and she nodded.

"Good. I'm glad. Now you two can be bffs again." Brendon strummed a few chords on the guitar, and Katelyn recognized the song as The Beatles' 'Here Comes the Sun.'

"Yeah, I'm glad he's so persistent." She nodded thoughtfully, leaning back in the chair and saying that she was going to turn down the job offer from Jon Stewart.

"What? When did you decide that?!" Brendon had begun strumming any chords that came to mind, and the girl felt relaxed by the music.

"Spencer said something the last time we talked about keeping you in mind when making a decision. He was right and I was too stubborn to see it."

"I don't want to be the soul reason you give up an opportunity so great. You can't hold yourself back because of me." As much as Brendon wanted to be happy that she didn't want to go, he didn't want her to be guilted into staying just for him.

"It would be too much of a change. New York is no California and I kinda like it here with you." She sent Brendon a wink, watching a smile cross his handsome face.

"What do you mean by kinda?!" He feigned an upset look, making the girl giggle.

"Hey, play me a song, then I'll let you watch the rest of my Supernatural episode with me."

"Oh please, can I?" Brendon let his sarcastic voice fill the air, but he knew that it was big for her to let anyone invade her time with Sam and Dean Winchester, and of course, Castiel, the angel of Thursday.

"Come on, Bren. I only have like half the episode left. After that we can do whatever you want."

"You must really love me to be doing this... Alright. What do you want me to play?"

Katelyn said anything he wanted, so he thought for a second before playing Under Pressure by Queen.
Brendon figured it was an appropriate song due to everything that had been going on lately, and Katelyn couldn't have agreed more.

Brendon had to hold back a laugh as he watched his girlfriend stare intently at the television. She was in the same position as she had been before Spencer came over, laying on her stomach, her chin resting against her hands as her elbows propped her up. Brendon, on the other hand, was sitting back against the head board, sipping from his water bottle quietly knowing that she would probably get physical if he made a noise.

When the episode was finally over, Katelyn deleted it off of the TiVo and looked over to Brendon expectantly, asking what he wanted to do now that his torture was done for the week.

"I want to make a fort in the living room."

"A fort?" Katelyn looked at him curiously, and he repeated her words with certainty. He told her that he wanted to build a fort, eat dinner in it, and have wild, hot, and possibly unprotected sex in said fort.

"I don't know…" The girl played coy, knowing that she'd give in to most of his demands.

"We can order dinner from your favorite Chinese place." Brendon raised his eyebrows, sweetening the deal, and grinned when she nodded.

Together they gathered all of the extra bed sheets they could find, including the white comforter from their bed, and built a glorious fort in the living room, hanging it from the ceiling like they were professionals.

"I think that if you weren't in a band, you'd definitely be an architect." Katelyn looked at their masterpiece, taking a picture with her digital camera before crawling into it.

They had laid down the white comforter on the floor to keep the hardwood flooring from freezing their legs and she was thankful for that last minute idea of Brendon's.

"I think you're right. It's pretty awesome, isn't it?" He smiled at the girl once he was inside the tent as well, marveling at the inside. They had taken every clip off of the bags of chips and pretzels in the cabinets, found black binder clips in Brendon's desk, and utilized anything else they could to keep the thing held together.

They were both rather impressed with their accomplishment, and Katelyn actually thought it would be cute to tweet a picture of them in their fort.

@kayletsgo Just built an awesome fort with @brendonuriesays. Are we twelve or what?! twitpic.com/...

She would enjoy reading the replies she would get from the people that followed her, who all seemed to be Brendon's fans, along with Jon, Spencer, Ryan, and a few of her friends. Brendon was glad that she had been getting more comfortable with the social media site; he wanted her to have fun with it, and now she was.

Stuffed with veggie fried rice and sesame chicken, Katelyn laid on the comforter, rubbing her hands over her stomach and groaning.

"I ate way too much, Bren. I think I'm gonna explode." Brendon had been loading the fridge with the leftovers, and when he returned to the fort, he let out a laugh at the sight of the girl.

He situated himself next to her, laying on his side with his head propped up against his arm so he could look down at her.

"I don't think you're going to spontaneously combust, babe." He gently kissed her neck and collar bone, chuckling when she shooed him away.

"Too full. Not right now."

Brendon sat up, pulling her tank top up a bit and telling her stomach to digest faster so that he could have his way with the girl.

"Uh, it says to call back later." Katelyn tried to hold back a laugh, but smiled anyways.

"Well I guess I'll have to leave a message!" Brendon straddled the girl, covering her skin with kisses until she finally gave in and tugged on his hair, pulling him towards her so she could touch her lips to his.