Status: Slow...with comments

If This Was a Movie

Chapter 7

“Are you serious?” Jonathan nearly choked on his words. Lilliannah nodded sheepishly. “I can’t even explain how happy I am right now.”

“But Jonathan, we can’t just pick up where we left off.”

“Understandable. We’ll just start over…” Jonathan let a smile grow on his face.

“Sounds good to me.” Lilliannah rose to her knees and leaned in to kiss Jonathan. Her heart fluttered; she was anxious, nervous, and worried. Was this the right choice? Was forgiving Jonathan the right decision? Was it too soon? Is he sincere when he says he’s willing to fix things?

She let her mind wander as she sat close to Jonathan’s side. She was so consumed in her thoughts, she didn’t even realize when Madelyn started crying. “I’ve got to go make her a bottle, will you hold her for a second?”

“Yeah.” Lilliannah held her arms in the cradle position and Jonathan placed the crying infant into her arms. “Shhh baby girl, Jonathan’s getting a bottle for you. Don’t you worry, he’ll take care of you.” Jonathan overheard her talking to the baby as he got the bottle ready in the kitchen, just a few feet away. “Hey now, come on Mads…don’t cry. Jonathan loves you, he won’t let anything hurt you. I can tell by the way he looks at you, baby. He used to look at me that way.”

I still do.” Jonathan thought silently.

“Or he still does…” She wondered out loud.

That’s more like it.

“Do you think I’m making the right choice Mads?” She continued. “Do you think it was too soon?” By now, the infant had calmed down. “I guess we’ll find out Madelyn.”

Jonathan walked back to the couch and sat down. “Do you want to feed her or should I?”

“You can.” Lilliannah handed the baby back to Jonathan once he got settled. She watched as he tucked a little cloth under her chin and test the milk on his hand before feeding her. Lilliannah’s heart swelled at the sight of him stroking the little infant’s cheek as she fed. The room was completely silent except for the sound of Madelyn sucking on the bottle. Lilliannah was content, just sitting on the couch watching Jonathan take care of this child. “Jonathan…”

“Yeah Lill?” He asked turning to her.

“I change my mind…” She trailed off. Jonathan was stricken with horror until a small smile turned on Lilliannah’s face. “I like the name Hadrian better than Annalisa.”

He let out the breath he had been holding in and chuckled. “Where did you hear that name?”

“I remember learning about Hadrian’s Wall in school and I always thought it would make a gorgeous name for a baby girl.” She shrugged.

“I like it.” Jonathan smiled. He started to pat Madelyn’s back to burp her. “Do you want to watch a movie? I’m going to set Mads down to sleep then I can pop something in.”

“Yeah that’ll be fine. Can we watch…”

“The Last Song?” Jonathan asked. It was her favorite movie and he knew it.

“Yeah…” Lilliannah blushed.

“Let me go put her down in her rocker.” Jonathan got up and tucked the sleeping baby into her portable rocker and popped the DVD into the player. He then walked back to the couch, sitting much closer to Lilliannah then he was before. As the movie started, Jonathan pulled Lilliannah closer to him and the feeling that raced through his body when she didn’t resist was pure happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is short and not that great...but I have a few endings for this story. I can either end it next chapter all happily and what not(1) or I can end it in about 5-ish chapters with a slight twist(2) orrrr I can just mess up your entire world and continue with what I have been working these past couple weeks(3).

Please comment with a 1, 2, or 3 with your choice of the options. I really do need your help!
Sorry this chapter is a filler and all but I need to know where to go with this story.

Peace. Love. Hockey.