Status: Working on it

The Life and Death of William Grace

Prophecy

They separated us. Moved B and Luce into separate rooms from me and each other, they might have separated us but they also separated themselves. I sat on the couch and Bastion sat in front of me, he had been staring at me for the last five minutes, it kind of creeped me out. I opened my mouth to ask if i could go home but Bastion spoke.
“Do you believe in Werewolves, Will?” I would have laughed but his tone was too serious.
“Of course I don’t. Things like that aren’t real no matter how much we want them to be.” I manage to put a laugh on the end, but it came out sounding strangled.
“Oh, isn’t there?” Bastion raised an eyebrow, “I was under the influence there was.”
I shrug and lower my eyes, this guy is either really messed in the brain or trying to scare me. I’d choose the latter.
“The thing is, William, werewolves are real. I can show you if you like.”
“Uh, no, not necessary, I believe you,” I wasn’t sure then and I’m still not, why I believed him. Maybe it was something in his face or the tone of his voice; or maybe it could have been his scarily intense eyes.
He nods, believing me. He leans back slightly and sighs, closing his eyes. “Do you know why you’re here?”
“Um, because my idiotic friend didn’t want to leave even after stumbling into a human arm?” I smile meekly and curse Blake in my head. If I die it’s his fault.
He grins, is it just me or are his teeth a little sharper? “Funny, but no. We were told that three children would come here, and that one of them would be the one we’re searching for. The one from the prophecy.”
Did that mean one of us is the right kid? “What prophecy?” Just by the look on Bastions face I know it’s not good. “Are the three of you werewolves?”
“Yeah, we’re ‘wolves. The prophecy...The prophecy is the start of a war that could be the end of our kind or not. Well, that’s what I’ve summed it up too, anyway.”
“What does that have to do with the kid?”
“The child of the prophecy will lead us to victory.”
I nod slightly, “and you think the kid from the prophecy is one of us?”
“No. I think it’s you.” And he grinned and looked me in the eyes, his eyes flashing gold.

****************

Blake

“Are you a vampire?” I asked the woman, Marian. Her Black hair created a good contrast with her white skin, reminding me of Lucy’s hair and skin. God, I love that girl.
“You have such lovely green eyes, little boy.” Marian smiles and completely ignores my question; I decide to play along a little.
“I’ve been told, and I’m not little. Your eyes are like pools of shining chocolate.” I smirk right back at her as confusion lightly plays along her face.
“Is that a complement, little boy?”
“No. I hate Chocolate, I prefer pale blue eyes and straight black hair to brown and curly”. I describe Lucy perfectly. That should get her to answer my question, “now, answer me are you a vampire or not?”
“No. I believe you are not the One; the child would not speak to me like that.” Marian muses, she grins and her mouth is full of sharp wolfish teeth, her eye flash gold, Fury? And the next thing I know she’s nose-to-nose with me and I fell something sharp dig into my cheek. I wince and she smiles, “does that hurt Blake?” I manage to nod as she moves her nail farther down my face. “Good,” she growls and then she gone, back in her chair sucking her nail, or rather, my blood.
“Here’s the thing, little Blake. Me and my company are werewolves and we’re looking for the One, the One who will save our kind in a war that will rage for many years. We were told three would come and three have come, you are not the One and i doubt your little girlfriend is.” She smiles a mad glee in her eyes.
Marian is a sadist, in a bad way. I press my shirt to my cheek and feel it start to soak in my blood, Will. The One is Will. I pale and suck in a deep shaky breath.” I’d have rather had Vampires.”

***************

Lucy

“So, just what are you?” I asked completely fearless of Tori. She stared at me unblinking for awhile, I stared back. Her red eyes weren’t actually her eyes, just contact lenses. “I mean, I can tell you’re not human. The way you act, and from when I heard you talk I know you’re not English or Australian. Hmm if I had to name it I’d say...Russian.” She continued to stare at me, no change. Oh, wait, she blinked!
“You’re not very talkative are you? Heck, I’d even go as far to say you don’t like me”.
She grinned, “Whoa! You almost blinded me for a second!” I yelp in laughter.” See, that’s what I would call a smile”.
“You’re wrong”. She spoke in a thick Russian accent now. Ukrainian? “I do tend to talk a lot, but I am grieving for your loss. Such a sad thing to happen to friendship”.
“My loss, Friendship? What’s wrong with my friends?”
“One of them will be taken, I think the blonde. We are wolves, we were told that the three of you would come here and one of you will save our kind from the war that has not yet happened. Sadly it is not you.” She smiles a sad smile, “I am sorry.”
I swallow, Will. They were going to take Will away from me, take my best friend away, my childhood friend. My first love.
“Will...” I whisper and tears start to make snail trails down my face, I know I’m powerless to stop them. Bloody Werewolves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, sorry for the very late update. Been busy with writers block and My sister died this morning. Kinda weird my block goes away when she dies...

Anyway do what you want comment or don't. Whatever
~Max~