Status: As soon as I rewrite the chapters :)

Flicker and Snaps

Cookies

Some say that it takes 43 muscles to frown... Did they miss the memo that there are only 36 facial muscles?

With that lovely fact in my head I allowed myself the joy of the grimace that was forever planted on my face. The grimace being placed by none other then the sound of the sweeper I was currently using. If I could be frank, Chad's sweeper sounded more like a tornado then a harmless dust-buster.

The annoying sound almost enough to make me stop what I was doing and become the recluse I knew in my heart I was, hiding in my room. Instead I braved the sound and continued to clean up the damn dust that seemed to overtake Cicil's room.

This sound forever etched into my mind, as a reminder of why I should not go looking for excitement. At least for tonight

Questioning was something I always did, it was one of the reasons my mind was so full of facts and needless tid-bits. I needed them- I needed to know.

Knowing the cold hard facts, made life so much easier. Knowing how and why things worked made me feel at ease in a world of constant changing. Seldom do facts change, and if they do I tend to ignore them.

I had hoped that going through the back rooms would give me more facts that I could use, instead it left me with more questions, something I hated.

I would not be satisfied 'til I had those questions answered. That's for sure. I wanted everything printed neatly out for me, explaining exactly what was needed to be done. This though- this unknowing- left me confused and scared.

Phantom hands do not just happen- Someone was there, I know that!

The feeling of the rubber handle of the sweeper dug into my palm as I wheeled it out of Cicil's room. The sound of the wheels hitting the hardwood floor caused me to jump an inch before continuing on. I watched as the small, plastic wheels rolled across the ground, making a thumping sound as they went.

Stopping outside of the upstairs closet where the sweeper normally stayed I ran a hand through my still wet black hair.

My shower had not helped me calm down anymore, plus finding nail marks on my arms only freaked me out even more. Taking a breath, I realized I was being stupid. I was standing like a scared child in front of a closet door, 'what did I think the bogyman was going to jump out of it?'

No matter how stupid it sounded, I had still paused. This was out of control.

I was not some little girl, I did not scare easy.

Not pausing for another second I flung the door open, not bothering to turn the light on, only people afraid of the dark would bother with that, and I was not afraid.

Pushing the sweeper in I calmly looked into the dark corners of the small closet, the hallway light reflecting off my back. The closet did not lead to the servants back rooms, so I had no problem stepping into it, closing the door behind me, putting me into complete darkness.

I knew that I was being stupid, doing this. I knew that this was not the same as being in the back rooms, but I wanted to prove to myself that I was not scared, and as I stood there, little feeling at all besides impatience I knew I had my answer: I was not scared.

Satisfied at finding the answer to that question I reopened the door, allowing my eyes to adjust to the harsh light flooding into my eyes.

Closing the door behind me I forced my way down the hallway, making my way downstairs. The smell of vanilla smacking me in the face as I made my way into the kitchen.

Surprise lingered on my face as I saw a rather hilarious scene in front of me: Gage and Benedict cooking?

The sight of both of them covered in flour, was shocking to say the least. My eyes scanned over the ingredients on the island counter. From the looks of things they were well into making some kind of cookie.

What kind I was entirely unsure of.

So I did what I did best: observed. Both of the guys had their backs to me, giving me a perfect view of them.

"Why are we making cookies again?" Benedict's voice rang out in a way that told me he was just as confused as I was.

"Because, girls like guys that can cook! Hello, if we make a batch of these for the election we are so going to win, just imagine Nancy McKenzie when she finds out you can cook, she will be all over you, forgetting about Jamie-Ann will be like a piece of cake. Dude baked foods are sooo in right now!" The sound of Gage's voice surprised me. He seemed a little too much like that guy helping his friend get laid.

For a moment it took me aback, I mean he had been pushing that southern gentlemen shit since I showed up.

"Jamie-Ann.. was not a big deal, Man- Nancy is kinda hot though- if you like easy.. But I think I am looking for something different." Benedict said the last part coming out slower then the rest.

I watched as both of them continued to beat the cookie dough.

A sharp anger filling my chest. It was not like Benedict and I were anything but still his admission to finding this, 'Nancy,' girl hot pissed me off.

"How different are we talking here, Makayla Bradstreet different, or Justin Zimmerman different?" Gage asked laughing as if these names meant something otherworldly hilarious.

"I'm not desperate, and what the hell man?" Benedict said shaking his head annoyed as he let out a sigh. No- more like a moan of annoyance.

"You are baking cookies dude." Gage said laughing.

"It was your idea." Benedict said throwing a hand full of chocolate chips at him. I watched as the chips hit Gage in the face causing him to roar with laughter, the sound of his voice carrying across the room was nice... Although I hate to admit it, his laugh did have a contagious quality to it.

"It's not my fault you sister happens to L-o-v-e cookies, dude I am so doing this because I am straight." Gage said a smug tone to his voice now.

"That's disgusting, I don't wanna hear about you and my sister." Benedict snarled his voice loosing all of his friendly key that he had left.

"Chill-dude I was only joking.- Well partly, your sister does like it when she has cookies to push at the clubs to help get us ready for prom. After we win the election, prom is a shoo-win, or at least in her books, and if Rosa doesn't have a tiara at prom heads will roll." Gage said practically shivering.

"No shit, and it took you this long to find out my sister is a freaking train of crazy?" Benedict laughed out, his easy going mood back in place.

"I'll take what I can get, thank you very much!" Gage replied with an assumed roll of the eyes.

"So... Jade likes cookies, right?" Benedict asked quickly not even looking at Gage as he said this.

"Depends on the kind of cookies," I added smirking as I fluttered in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but I have more that I need to type up, less then a week till the next chapter :) *perhaps if I have time even tonight :)