Status: Work in progress :)

I Know About You

Chapter Twelve:

Jack's POV

I'm here, sitting in English class being bored. It's not because Alex is sleeping in class though. It's because he isn't here.

How can he call me in the middle of the night and then not come to school? Where is he? I know he isn't sick. You don't just wake up and be so sick that you can't come to school. He is always at school. Always. He even told me once that he always has perfect attendance.

------

It's now Math, and Alex still isn't here. Could this day be worse. I'm bored. I haven't even been listening to what's going on, Alex isn't responding to my text messages.

We are supposed to talk after school today and he isn't here. I really wanted to talk to him.

I'm kind of worried that he isn't here, but my boredom takes over and I begin to curse him in my head because he is making me sit through these classes, alone, with noone to talk to.

------

By the time History class comes around I'm just annoyed. School offically sucks without Alex.

I'm sitting at the lunch table with Zack and Rian when I see Alex walking towards our table.

He sits down beside me and says hey to everyone.

How is he being so nonchalant about not being here all day?

"Where the fuck have you been? I've been sitting through every class not talking to anyone because my best friend isn't there. You promised me you would never miss a day of school!"

"Sorry Jack, I was at home. I had some things to do."

"Like what? Things that couldn't have waited until later on tonight? I thought you weren't going to show up. We're supposed to talk later, remember? I made a promise to you that we could go to my house and talk?

"I know, and I'm excited to hang out. Really. I wouldn't miss it! Some things just came up earlier that I really couldn't avoid and I needed to be at home for a little while. No worries."

"Whatever."

Why do I have a feeling that whatever happened this morning has to do with what he won't tell me. It's getting really old not knowing. I've been patient. I've waited for him to come to me and tell me what is going on. At this point, I don't know if he ever will. I look up and see all three of the guys looking at me. Did I do something?

"What" I ask.

"Stop being so pissy. He's here now." Zack says.

Well fuck. Sorry for being in hell all day.

"I need to go to the computer lab to print out an assignment really quick" I look up to see Rian about to leave. "Alex, come with me"

Wait, what? I finally see Alex today, and Rian is making him leave me already? Asshole.

Alex and Rian both get up and leave, and I'm stuck moping. I just want to be around Alex. Is that too much to ask for?

Alex's POV

I see Rian staring at me, and I know that he wants to ask what happened this morning. He is basically burning the question into my mind. He will probably be pissed when he finds out. I need to tell someone though.

I know that when Rian asks me to go to the computer lab with him, it's not because he needs to print an assignment out. He just wants to get me alone so he can question me.

"Where were you today?" Rian asks me as we walk though the halls, no specific destination in mind.

"At home, like I said."

"But, why were you at home. I know you didn't wake up this morning and think, oh it's a great idea to stay home today because you love being at your house."

"Rian, you can cut the sarcasm. I stayed home because it was nessecary."

"What do you mean though? I can't read between the lines Alex. You can't expect me to just know."

"This morning, I was ready to leave for school, but someone knocked on the door before I could leave. I opened the door and it was the police."

"Why were the police at your house?

"I guess one of my neighbors heard my mom screaming at me one day or just screaming when I wasn't there. Either way, they filed a complaint. Saying that my mom wasn't fit to be rasing a child and that she was crazy and needed to be put in a mental hospital. Of course, it's all circumstantial because they don't really know what goes on so the police couldn't just take her. That's why they came to see what was really going on. They questioned me. They questioned my mom. Lucky for her, she wasn't drunk at all yet, so she could actually act normal."

"Did you tell the police what she does?"

"No Rian. I hate living where I do. I hate the fact that my mom is always drunk and always blames everything on me and I hate the fact that she abuses me. But, she is still my mom. And as much as I want to hate her, and as much as I tell myself I do, I don't. I can't. She's my mom, and I guess I always remember when I was younger and things were better. Plus, if my mom got taken away, I would have to live with my dad. And trust me when I say, my mom is ten times better than my dad. I will get though it all. I've only got one more year, and then I can go to college and be out of her life."

"You really need to tell someone though. It's not heathly for you to be living the way you do."

"I'll get by Rian. I promise. I have been for years. Just be my friend, okay? Look at it this way, before this was all happening and I had no one. And now, even though it's still happening, I have friends. It's a lot better than being alone all the time."

"I still think you should tell the police. But, I'm not going to force you. Just, when things get bad, come over. Really. Just because you don't want to lock her up, doesn't mean that you don't want to be away from her, and I know you do. You can live at my house if you want. I really won't mind."

"Rian, I'll be fine. I'm sure I will be over your house plently of times to get away from my mom. But, I'm going to stick this out. I've been living with it all for years now. It's good to have somewhere to go when things get really bad. You really don't need to worry about me."

"But I do worry about you. I can't help it."

"I know. It's because you're a good guy."

"Thanks. But, what are you and Jack supposed to talk about later?"

I just looked at Rian and raised my eyebrow in a questioning manner. He just winked at me.

"None of your business."

With that I stuck my tounge out and him, and started walking back to class because the bell rang.

"Alex and Jack, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes lo-"

At this, I turned around and started walking back to him.

"RIAN! Shut the fuck up! I do not like Jack!"

"Really? Who are you trying to convince. Yourself or me?"

"I don't."

"Please Alex. It's obvious that you do. It's obvious that Jack likes you to. You guys should just fuck and get it over with. The sexual tension between the two of you when we all hang out is ridiculuous. Zack and I would really appreciate it if you guys would just fucking make out or something, so you both can stop being so awkward."

"We are not awkward. And even if I did like Jack, which I don't, he doesn't like me in that way, so it wouldn't matter."

"Alex, you are so blind. You wouldn't know if someone liked you even if they shouted that they did in your face."

"I think I would know then..."

"It was supposed to be an exaggeration. Not taken literally."

"I need to go to class Rian. This conversation is over."

"You're just trying to go to class so that you can see Jack."

I just turned around and walked away, sticking my middle finger in the air, to let Rian know that he is an asshole (but not really).
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for not updating a lot like I said I would. I planned to but then things just came up.
I will hopefully post again soon!

But, how has everyone's summer been?:)

Last week I finally got to see All Time Low live for the first time after being a fan since 2006.

I saw them at Warped and I was at the barricade for it:)
And then I saw them the next day at The National and they were just really great.
And now I really miss them, and just really want to see them live everyday of my life.

Oh, and I'm really sunburned and it's peeling so my face looks messed up because this sunburn is peeling so much.