Status: Work in progress :)

I Know About You

Chapter Eight

Alex's POV;;

"Jack, listen, about earlier, I'm just not ready to talk about it yet. Rian wasn't supposed to find out, he just did."

"I just really want to help you."

"I know you do. It's a new concept for me."

"What? Needing help?"

"No, having someone who actually cares about me."

"I really do, Alex. You know you can trust me, right?"

"I know and I do. But, I just really don't want to talk about it right now. I promise you though, I will tell you one day. I won't keep these walls up forever, as long as you keep trying to tear them down."

"I will never give up on you."

And then all Jack did was smile at me. He snaked his arm around my shoulders and we walked side by side back to our history class in a comfortable silence.

The rest of the day went by peacefully. As boring as school was, I would have much rather stayed in school, than heard the bell signaling the end of the day. At least at school I got to see Jack. I didn't want to go home.

Facing my mom right now was going to be the worst possible part of my day. Here's to hoping that she won't be home when I get there. She is probably going to be in a terrible mood, which sucks for me.

"Alex!"

I look up to see Rian waving me over to his car. He is accompanied by Jack and Zack. I make my way over to them to see what they want.

"You should come hang out with us. We're going to just go to my house and play some video games."

I really don't even have to think about this question. Let's weigh my options. Go home and face the wrath of my mother or go chill?

"Sure, man. That'd be great."

"Awesome, I'll give you a ride."

Rian flashed me his extremely white teeth and I climb into his car.

Once at Rian's, his mom greets me with a hug. We go down to Rian's basement to set up the Xbox 360 as we wait for Jack and Zack to arrive.

Honestly, I'm really excited for Jack to get here. Having him around me just seems to calm me down for some reason, not that I'm complaining.

"So, what do you think is going to happen when you go home later?"

"I have no idea, Rian. I wish I could say everything would be fine, but who knows. Maybe she'll be so shit faced that she won't even remember that she was pissed this morning."

"You're always welcome to stay the night here again."

"I know. But, I wouldn't want to impose, and plus, I don't want to make my mom more mad than she already is. She gets mad easily, so I don't want to keep pushing her buttons."

Just then, we hear the basement door open, and Jack and Zack are taking the stairs two at a time. Jack comes over, sits beside me, and throws his legs over my lap and snuggles into my
side, hugging me as tight as possible.

"Jack, what are you doing?"

"I missed you! Are you going to hug me back or not? I'll take offense if you say no."

I just let out a chuckle and hug him back just as tight. When I look up, I see that Rian and Zack are already playing Modern Warfare 2. I knew I should have called first game. Oh well.

I feel something poking my side and I look over to see Jack's finger continuously going into my ribs.

"Jack, stop." I mumble.

"Why? It's fun."

"Not for me it's not."

He huffs out a fine and then proceeds to pout. That is not fair. He looks so adorable when he pouts.

"Sing to me."

I hear this and I immediately panic. Is he serious? He wants me to just blurt out a song. Fuck that. This guy is crazy.

"Wh- What?"

"You heard me, sing."

"Why?"

"Because, I always hear you humming in class to random songs, so sing."

"You sing."

"Nope, I asked you first. Plus, I can't sing for shit."

"Maybe I can't either."

"We both know that's a lie."

"You don't know that."

"I have a feeling you have an amazing voice that you don't want to share with anyone."

"Not true."

"Please sing."

"No."

"Dammit Alex, just fucking sing, so he will shut the fuck up."

I turn my head to see Zack and Rian looking annoyed. Well damn, can't a guy get his own say in if he sings or not.

"Maybe later."

"I'll hold you to that, Mr. Gaskarth."

"You better, Mr. Barakat."

Jack winked at me then, and I'm almost positive that I'm turning the brightest shade of red and I think Jack noticed. There goes me trying to keep it a secret that I like Jack.

Eventually it gets to 10 and I really have to get going. My mom is going to be really pissed.

Zack already left and it's just Jack and myself left at Rians. Jack said he would take me home, so he is leaving with me. As we get to Rian's front door, Mrs. Dawson comes in with some things for Jack to give to his mom. While Jack talks to Mrs. Dawson, Rian pulls me aside.

In a murmured voice, he begins to speak quickly.

"Listen, be careful tonight. Really, if you get in too much trouble, you can come right over, you have my number. I'm serious, Alex. Don't just shake your head at me. I can already tell that you are hard-headed. Just, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"I won't. I promise. Thanks for everything Rian. I owe you a lot. I'll be fine though."

"You don't owe me anything. Rea-"

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?"

Jack suddenly appears beside Rian.

"Nothing important."

"Oh, well are you ready to go then?"

"Yeah. I'm ready."

"Awesome, well bye Rian. See you tomorrow."

"Later guys."

Jack once again pulls me into his side, just like he did after lunch, as we walk to his car. We enjoy the car ride to my house in silence. I love being with Jack. We're just becoming friends and he already means the world to me.

He pulls up outside of my house, and I slowly unbuckle the seatbelt as I prepare to get out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride home. I can give you gas money if you need it."

"It's on my way home, I would never take your money and you're welcome for the ride."

I then nod and open my door, as I put one foot out of the car, Jack grabs my arm. I turn to look at him and he just gives me a puppy dog pout.

"What is this? No hug?"

I laugh and reach over to give him a hug. I pulls me tightly against his chest and holds me for a little longer than normal.

"Better, you can leave now."

He smirks and I just smirk right back at him, give him the finger and prepare to enter my hell for a home.

When I get to the front door, I turn around to wave to Jack and he then drives off. I take a deep breath and brace myself for whatever is about to come my way. Slowly, I push open the front door and I can already smell the stench of alcohol. I'm in for a rough night, I can already tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so you guys probably hate me right now. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a month!

I just have trouble finding the motivation to write this story or the time. But, I do plan on continuing it and hopefully updating more frequently. And I promise there will be some Jalex in the near future, maybe. Next chapter, I will probably jump a couple of weeks just to speed things up a little bit, hope that's okay with everyone!

Are any of you out of school yet? I still have until June 16th. So, I'm still stressing about finals and last minute cramming.

Fun Fact: It's my one year and 9 month anniversary with my boyfriend today, not that any of you care, just sharing:)

Song: Goodbye Waves and Driveways by The Rocket Summer