Fairy Tale

4/4

One Year Later...

Ethan grinned brightly as he led Vanessa, his wife, to the dance floor for their first dance as a married couple. Vanessa laughed softly as Warmness On The Souls started playing in the background. The two had chosen that song for their first dance because not only did they love that song, but they also wanted her father to be there in a way that he couldn’t.

“Can you believe that we are now married?” Vanessa asked Ethan, shaking her head slightly, not believing it.

Ethan had been that little jerk of a boy who would torment her and make her cry when she was a young girl, but then they both grew up and started dating one another when they were just mere teenagers. They fell in love and lost their virginity together before things turned for the worse. Their relationship ended before it could it could even begin, and they both went their separate ways. But Matt had been right all along. Vanessa and Ethan were meant to be with each other. It was just fate.

After Matt had passed away, Vanessa turned to Ethan for comfort and old feelings had come out in the open. It didn’t take long for them to realize that they did love each other, and that they did want to get married and be with each other for the rest of their lives. So after a year of mourning Matt’s death, getting engaged to Ethan, and then planning a wedding, they finally did it. They finally said I do.

Ethan chuckled, “It’s going to take some getting used to,” He told her with all honesty. “But I’m happy.”

“Yeah,” She murmured, “I’m happy too, Ethan.”

“You better be,” He teased. “It is our wedding day after all.”

She laughed and playfully rolled her eyes at her husband. “As if I could forget while standing in this gorgeous wedding dress, while surrounded by our family and friends.”

Ethan shook his head before pressing his lips against hers for a small kiss. “We leave for our honey moon in two hours,” He reminded her, their eyes connecting.

“I remember,” She nodded, smiling softly at her.

When the song was over Ethan stepped away to allow Brian to take his spot for the father daughter dance. Brian may not have been Vanessa’s father, but he was closest thing since Matt had passed away. In fact, Vanessa had had given him the honor of walking her down the isle.

Brian grinned widely at his new daughter-in-law. “You want to know something?” He asked her.

Vanessa smiled and nodded, “Sure, Uncle Brian.”

“I knew from the moment you gave Ethan a black eye when you were twelve that you two would end married someday,” He told her.

“Liar,” She laughed and rolled her eyes. “No one could have known that this would happen between Ethan and I.”

Brian smirked and shook his head. “Your father did. He predicted it from the very beginning.”

“Yeah, well, dad knew everything.”

“Not everything,” Brian chuckled. “But with you, he did. Although, you did shock him a few times.”

Vanessa licked over her bottom lip and laughed. “That I did. I don’t know how many times I just spilled to him about things that he really did not want to know about, but he never got angry about it.”

“Nope,” He shook his head. “I don’t remember one time when he got angry with you and raised his voice at you.”

She smiled and said, “That’s because he only did it once. Remember when I fifteen and he was teaching me how to drive and I ended up hitting a pole and wrecking the shit out of the car?”

“Ohhh yeah,” He grinned.

“He had never not once raised his voice at me except when that happened, but it’s only because it scared him more than angered him.”

“I remember,” Brian nodded, “For about a month he refused to get back into the car with you, which is where I came in and taught you the rest.”

Vanessa laughed and shook her head. “It seems almost like that was yesterday.”

“It sure does,” He agreed.

Vanessa smiled softly at her uncle, now father-in-law. She really appreciated how in the past year he had really stepped up and treated her like she was his daughter. She was truly thankful to have him around, and she knew her father would be happy to know that she was being taken care of by him and the rest of the Avenged family.

“You know, Ethan and I have some news for everyone,” She said softly as their eyes connected.

A smirk stretched across Brian’s lips as he nodded his head. “I know.”

She sighed and gave him a knowing look. “He told you, didn’t he?”

“Yeah,” Brian chuckled, “But in his defense I sort of got it out of him by accident, and I’m the only one who knows,” He assured her.

“Uh-huh,” She rolled her eyes playfully and licked over her bottom lip. “Well, I’m just glad you know how to keep a secret. We’re not planning on telling anyone until we get back from the honeymoon.”

“Courtney doesn’t even know, does she?” Brian asked the younger girl with a knowing look.

Vanessa just smiled and shook her head. “Usually I would tell her, but you know my mom well enough to know that she can’t keep a secret to save her life.”

“I know from experience,” Brian grinned.

Vanessa laughed and pulled away from him as the song ended. It was just about time for a toast that would be made by the maid and groom of honor, and Vanessa was excited to hear what they had to say.

Brian leaned over and kissed her forehead. “You take care of yourself while you and Ethan are gone, okay? We don’t want a repeat of what happened before.”

“I know,” She gave him a soft smile. “And don’t worry. I’ve already had a long discussion with my doctor. She assured me that both the baby and I are healthy, and that it’s very unlikely that I’ll miscarry again,” She explained to him. “But thank you for caring.” She wrapped her arms him for a hug, which he gladly returned.

“I love you, Vanessa,” He said, “And I know your father is so proud of you wherever he might be.”

Vanessa smiled at his words. She truly hoped that he was proud of her for all the things she had gotten through and accomplished the past year. She had done everything possible to turn her life around for not only herself, but for her father and Ethan, and the rest of the Avenged family. Her future with Ethan was looking very bright, and even though it seemed a bit too soon, they were already adding a new member to their family. She was finally happy and content with her life and who she had become, and she was grateful for all that her father had taught her growing up.

Vanessa was finally getting that fairy tale ending that she had talked about her whole life, just like her father had predicted, and she was beyond happy with the way things had turned out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for sticking around until the end, and I'm sorry for taking so long to get this up! :3