Status: Completed. :D If you finished, head on over to Easier Said Than Done!

Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf

Chapter 12

As I walked through the front doors in the morning, I knew exactly what I had to do. The question was just how I was going to go about it.

Sam came up beside me, holding out the page of lyrics that I’d printed out for him to learn the day before. “So, wait, how does it go here?” he questioned, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“Sorry, can’t talk. I’ve got my eyes on the prize right now. I’ll help you at lunch, okay?”

He followed my gaze down the hall to look at the mass of students before turning back to me, giving me a look that seriously questioned my sanity. “Uh, what prize?”

Instead of answering, I just smirked at him as I pulled to a stop in front of Figgins’ office just as the shrill sound of the late bell echoed through the halls. “See you at lunch!”

His mouth opened once again to say something, but I slipped into the office before he could get any words out. “Hi,” I said at the front desk, pulling an old pass out of my bag. “Mr. Schuester wants me to read this announcement over the intercom about Glee Club this afternoon.”

“Oh, sure, hon. Just go right into Principal Figgins’ office and explain everything. He’ll show you how to use the system.”

“Thank you,” I smiled, putting on the perfect angel child façade.

Figgins was on his computer, watching some sort of strange video on Youtube about circulation stockings or something, when I entered. I gave him the same sort of spiel that I'd given the secretary, and he smiled.

“It’s good that William is getting the students more involved in the public announcements of the Glee Club.”

“Yeah,” I agreed, trying to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.

With a smile, he left the room so that I’d have more room to give my announcement, and the butterflies finally filled my stomach. Was I sure that this was what I really wanted to do?

Sucking in a breath, I told myself for the ten millionth time that there was no way to address the entire school. Even it meant detention for the rest of my high school career.

Plastering a grin on my face to make my voice sound happy, I cleared my throat and leaned forward, pressing my finger lightly on the PA button.

“Hello, students of McKinley High. It’s Ellie Prince here.” I took a pause to let that sink in for a second, certain that the teenagers were all bursting into laughs and whispers. “And I’m just here to say that I heard some rumors about me recently saying that a certain ex-boyfriend of mine got an STD from me. While part of that is true, yes, that’s right, girls, he has an STD, I didn’t give it to him. He and I never had sex. He was the idiot that cheated on me and ended up getting it from a certain slutty cheerleader who had a boob job over the summer. I just wanted to clear that up with everyone. Thanks for listening!”

Keeping the smile on my face, I marched out of the principal’s office. The secretaries all had these looks of horror on their faces, as if they couldn’t believe what they had just heard.

Principal Figgins walked back into the office suite with a smile on his face. “All done, Ellie?”

“Yup,” I nodded, pressing my lips together. For a couple of seconds, I braced myself for my sentence, having detention for…well…forever

“Good.” Figgins nodded. “See you later, huh?”

“Yup.” Then, I was back into the empty hallway, closing the door behind me. Once the click resonated, I let out a huge sigh of relief.

I’d gotten away with it.

* * *

“That…was gutsy,” Sam expressed as he sat down next to me at lunch. “My whole homeroom was totally silent, mouths hanging open, the whole deal.”

“Then they heard me.” As I looked around, a group of girls looked at me before laughing a little amongst themselves. “Though it seems like they’re still laughing at me.”

“I think they’re laughing at Puck. Imagine the hell he’s going through right now.”

My face warmed. Right. But he deserved all the shit that he’s getting.

“Ugh,” I groaned, putting my forehead in my hands so I was facing the table, not Sam, “I just want this to stop. I hate our ongoing feud. If we keep slashing at each other, eventually, one of us is going to bleed to death.”

There was a slight hesitation before he said, “I didn’t need that visual. Anyway, if you want to stop everything, then just talk to him. After all, when was the last time you really talked to him, anyway? Without an argument?”

Letting out a small, embarrassed laugh, I admitted, “I can’t even remember.”

“Exactly. So just give it a shot.”

“You’re right.” I shoved back my seat and started to walk away when Sam grabbed my arm.

“But not right now. He kind of went home…‘sick’.” Sam used air quotes to pinpoint the idea that Puck was perfectly healthy. Well...almost.

My palm immediately found my forehead. “Ugh. Alright, well…I’ll just have to go to his house after school or something.” After settling back down in my seat, I grabbed the lyric sheet and read it over. “So what did you want help with again?”

* * *

Since Glee Club was cancelled (Mr. Schue figured that with all the drama that was going on, a day of cooling down was in order...I didn't really blame him), I was able to go to Puck's house right after school, walking the whole way.

Around three o’clock, I was standing on the Puckermans’ front step, my fist poised in front of the door, ready to knock. I knew that I needed to make that step if I was going to fix the stupid on-going fight that was happening, but I wasn’t sure I had the courage to do so.

Turned out that I didn’t need to.

Ten minutes after I arrived, Ms. Puckerman opened the door and started a little at the sight of me. “Ellie? It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

“Yeah. Is Noah home, by any chance?”

“In his room. Will you tell me something?”

As I nodded, my heart picked up pace. There was no way that Puck told her about what happened, right? No, that wasn’t in his character. But she was his mother, so maybe something instinctive was going on…?

“Did something happen at school today? I had to leave work to pick up Noah, and he was trying to hide it, but I know that something was bothering him. He hasn’t even eaten all day, which isn’t like him at all.”

Oh my God, I’m going to puke. “Um, I’m not sure. I’ll try to find out for you, though, if I can talk to him.”

“If anyone can get something out of him, it’s you,” she smiled, placing a hand lovingly on my shoulder. “So go right on ahead.”

She passed me, going straight to her car, starting the engine, and pulling out of the driveway with precision.

With a harsh gulp, I threw open the front door and started for the stairs, trying to ignore the impending heart attack and my severely wobbly knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Is Ellie getting any points back for trying to fix things with Puck?

I watched the episode of Glee today with my friend with the deaf school performing Imagine by John Lennon. How awesome was that episode? And how beautiful was that performance? Totally awesome.

And who loved Glee tonight?! I sure did. :D BLAINE AND KURT! AHHH!