Status: Completed. :D If you finished, head on over to Easier Said Than Done!

Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf

Chapter 49

Kurt and I entered the Lima Bean, and I immediately scanned the place, looking for someone who I thought was cute enough to land on Kurt’s radar. There were a couple subjects that I was iffy about until I got an eyeful of a guy who was sitting near the window. His face lit up with a smile as he waved.

Next to me, Kurt blushed slightly. “C’mon, let’s get our coffee,” he said, standing in the line.

“Oh my God, is that him?” I whispered excitedly, holding back my squealing.

Kurt nodded subtly.

I looked back at Blaine as discreetly as I could, a smile enveloping my face. “Kurt, he’s gorgeous.”

“I know,” he whispered back proudly.

When we made it to the front of the line, Kurt ordered his coffee and paid, followed by me doing the same. Once I got my cup, we walked over to the table where Blaine was. Immediately, he pushed his book and notebook out of his way when he saw us approaching.

“Hi, Kurt,” he greeted. Wow. He was even more attractive close up. His black hair fell so perfectly, and his brown eyes were bright. When Kurt sat next to him, he (being Kurt) was a bit taller, so I could guess that Blaine was around 5’8” or so. “And hi…?”

“This is my friend, Ellie,” Kurt introduced.

“Hi,” I smiled, pulling out the seat next to Kurt at the circular table. “Nice to meet you.”

“So you’re Ellie.” Blaine laughed a little. “I heard that your fashion sense is awful.”

“Kurt!” I chuckled. “Thanks for telling the whole world!”

“What? No one can tell with your outfit today.” Kurt turned to Blaine and finished, “Which was my doing, of course.”

“Of course.”

I took a sip of my coffee and instantly regretted it. It seared my whole tongue, and I choked a little.

Not that either of them noticed. They were too busy discussing…something. They were talking back and forth so quickly that I couldn’t even really comprehend it.

“So, Ellie,” Blaine said suddenly, probably trying to keep me involved in the conversation some way. That was nice. “What’s up with you?”

“Uh…nothing really. Just, you know, doing the Glee thing.” I nodded, pressing my lips together, trying not to laugh at my ridiculous awkwardness.

“Oh, that’s right. You’re in New Directions with Kurt.”

“Yes, she is,” Kurt spoke up. “And she’s going out with Puck…I showed you his picture, right?”

Blaine let out a breath. “Yes, you did.” He smiled at me in approval. “How’s that going?”

“Pretty well, for now,” I joked. “We have disagreements kind of often.”

“Ah, that’s not good.”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“So, Blaine,” Kurt butted in, which I was thankful for, “how are the Warblers doing?”

“You’re on the Warblers?” I squeaked. It was just released to us the day before that, for Sectionals, we were up against the Warblers and some other school for old people who were getting their GED’s.

“Yeah. And it’s going pretty well. We’re starting to talk about what songs we’re going to do for competition. Which we’re facing you for, right?”

I coughed in response, but Kurt didn’t pay me any mind. “Blaine’s the best on the Warblers. I heard them sing the other day, and they were fantastic,” he told me. “He’s basically the only one who has any solos because no one else can measure up.”

“Um,” Blaine interrupted, “I’m not so sure about that.” His face colored a little bit, but that didn’t stop Kurt.

“Oh, you know it’s true,” Kurt chuckled in his little way. I smiled a little before taking another sip of my coffee, which had cooled down enough for consumption.

I looked at my cell phone quickly, seeing that I had a text from Puck.

hey hows meeting kurts boyfriend

Shaking my head, I checked the time and saw that it was almost four thirty. “Hey, guys, I hate to split, but I have to get home and start my homework or my sister’s going to kill me.”

“Sister?” Blaine questioned, confused. Not that I blamed him.

“Yeah. Awful parents,” I explained. “So I live with my almost-thirty-year-old sister.”

He nodded in understanding. “Well, it was nice to meet you.”

“Great to meet you, too.” I smiled one more time at him before looking at Kurt, giving him a nod of approval. Blaine seemed like he was really nice, and he was super cute to boot.

Walking home, I realized that I never texted Puck back…or answered in any way. What if he went insane and thought that I was dead or something? …I would kill him.

Shaking my head from the thought, I fixed my bag on my arm and took a deep breath.

Once I got home, I saw that Aileen’s car was already in the driveway, so she was probably going to get mad that I hadn’t started my homework yet. Maybe. Or had I just used that as an excuse to leave Kurt and Blaine alone?

With my mind, either was possible.

I unlocked the door and threw my bag on the floor of the living room, not even seeing Aileen on the armchair, reading, until she yawned.

Screaming, I jumped about a mile, putting my hand to my chest. My heart was racing, and it took me a second to collect myself enough for me to speak.

“God, scare me to death, why don’t you?”

“Hi to you, too,” Aileen snickered. “Where were you?”

“Out with Kurt and his new crush. They’re so cute.” I sat down on the couch, pulling my bag up next to me. “How was work?”

She made a twisted face and put her book down next to her. “It was, you know…work. Where’s Puck?”

“Probably football practice? Or maybe home? I dunno. He wasn’t exactly invited to the coffee meeting, not that he’d want to go anyway.”

“Right,” Aileen laughed, brushing her hair out of her face. “So what do you want for dinner? I don’t feel like cooking.”

“Whatever your little heart desires.” Smiling at her, I pulled my chemistry work out of my bag and started working on balancing the equations.

In the back of my conscious mind, I heard Aileen get up and start rummaging through drawers for those little pamphlets that we get in the mail all the time. “How do you feel about subs?”

“Sounds fine,” I called back, biting my lip as I worked on a particularly hard problem.

“What do you want?”

“AH!” I laughed a little. “Leave me alone! Get whatever.”

“Well, then,” she huffed jokingly before walking away. Soon, the door shut behind her, and I let out a sigh. She was allowed to go out and get food, while I was stuck indoors on this beautiful day (probably one of the few left in the year), doing stupid science work.

Part of me wanted to throw my notebook in the paper shredder and forget about it, but the goody-two-shoes in me wouldn’t allow it.

Sighing again, I rested my head on my hand and started erasing the problem so that I could start from scratch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hee hee. YAY FOR THE ENTRANCE OF BLAINE! I love that guy.

Oh, so guess what? This is chapter 49. That means that next chapter is 50. Something huge is going to have to happen with that huge milestone. What that is going to be...not sure yet. I'll figure something out. :)

So because of stinkin' Irene (I'm sure you guys know all about that rude hurricane), I don't have cable... which means no internet. So I'm at my mother's work right now, using the guest wireless. It's so slow. Hahaha. I'm hoping that this chapter will post, and the website won't time out. I guess we're going to have to wait and see...