Status: done.

The Black Parade

Dead!

I walked down the stairs and met my parents at the door. They hardly ever spoke and now was no exception. It was understood that I would come down and we would leave.

Just as my father started to open the door, I heard her phone ring and all three of us stopped as I dug around for my pink sidekick and answered it.

COR?! the voice on the other side screamed into her ear.

"Kyla? What's wrong?!"

"It's Frankie...I think you need to come down to the hospital...now."

A million thoughts flooded my mind. What had happened? Is he going to be ok? Why wasn't I there?

Frank had been my boyfriend for over 2 years. I loved him more than anything but my parents had a problem with the piercings and the tattoos. They never even try to get to know him. They were firmly against their precious daughter dating such a 'delinquent.'

I honestly didn't care and stayed with him anyway. Everything was perfect. I hardly ever fought with him. He was still romantic, spontaneous, and sweet after all this time. I had become very good friends with his younger sister, Kyla as well. What could have happened that my love would be in the hospital?

"Mom, Dad, I'm sorry but I need to go to the hospital. It's an emergency."

They looked at me as to say 'You have got to be kidding me' but they realized that I wasn't giving in so they simply rolled their eyes and nodded.

I ran out to my car and sped out of their gated driveway and quickly raced to be by his side even though I had no idea what was going on, I had a feeling that he really need me right now.

I arrived and sloppily parked taking up two spaces, because I couldn't care less about being towed right now. I ran inside the E.R door and asked where he was while I was still out of breath. The nurse sent me to the 3rd floor, Intensive Care Unit. I wasn't a doctor, but I knew this meant the worst. I ran inside and found Kyla in the waiting room sitting in a chair with her head inside her palms.

I ran over to her and without even saying a word, Kyla looked up with tears in her eyes. I sat in the seat next to her and put my arm around her to comfort her.

"Frankie...." Kyla struggled to finally say after calming down a little.

All I could do was nod, begging for more.

"There was an accident...drunk driver....red light...." she didn't even have to finish. I understood everything and was now crying more than Kyla.

A few minutes later a doctor came into the waiting room from big double doors across from them.

"Are you here for Frank Iero?"

We both stood up and nodded as we looked at him.

He started to explain to us the damage from the accident and how they took him to surgery. They fixed what they went in to fix, but found something worse as well. Frank's had a heart condition with a long name I couldn't even pronounce in my dreams and he also had a cancerous tumor in his chest. The cancer had spread and that is what was weakening the heart.

"He is stabilized now and you can go see him if you would like"

My heart rate started to return to normal and I was starting to feel relieved.

But before you do, I have to tell you this."

And my heart rate went back up and I was panicking again. I just nodded, bracing myself for the worst.

"The cancer is very serious and we can't promise much more than a few weeks."

I lost it. This couldn't be the end. He was so young. A few weeks?! My tears were flowing like waterfalls and I fell to the ground. Kyla was the one who had to comfort me now.

"I am terribly sorry." The doctor said with no emotion.

BULLSHIT! I thought to myself. This doctor wasn't sorry. He gave people news like this all the time. He didn't see Frank as anything more than another injured human being he tried to fix. To him, Frank was nothing special. He didn't know me. How could he possibly be sorry.

This stopped my crying and my anger took over. I pulled myself together and stood back up.

"You said I could go see him?" I asked the asshole in the white coat. He nodded and opened the door for me to walk through. Kyla stayed behind. I guess she wanted to give us some time alone together. I walked down the hall and found myself standing outside of Frank's closed door. I was scared. Would he look any different? What if he got amnesia and doesn't even remember me? I told myself to shut up and carefully turned the door handle and slowly opened the door. I poked my head in at first to see if he was awake. I saw his beautiful face and he saw mine. He smiled at me and I walked into his room and walked to his side.

I took his hand in mine and I saw the worry in his eyes.

"They told you?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Cory, I'm scared." I loved when he called me Cory. He was the only one who did. Memories flooded my mind and I started laughing. He was confused and had a look of disappointment on his face.

"Corrine...This isn't really funny, hun..." I sat down next to him on his bed and sucked the corners of my lips to resemble a fish and I crossed my eyes. It was an inside joke of ours and I got him to laugh with me.

"If life isn't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" I asked, trying to be serious but I couldn't help but continue giggling. He pulled me down to his level and pressed his lips to mine. I wanted this moment to last forever.

"When I get up there, I'll be waiting for you, babe"

"But that isn't now." I bent back down to kiss him sweetly and I laid next to him and fell asleep in his arms.