Status: done.

The Black Parade

House of Wolves

A few days had past and Corrine had to go out to eat with her family for her mother's birthday. I was sitting in the cold bed in the lonely room singing on the inside because I would be able to leave in a few days. My doctor said he wants to try chemotherapy. I say why not.

For now though, I sit in this room just think back on all of my memories of me and Corrine. My favorite was the night we met. It wasn't exactly romantic or magical, but it is a good story.

My friend had a party one night. There wasn't a reason, he just felt like it. So me and the guys went and had a really good time. I don't remember how, but I ended up sharing a cab with my friend, Jamie. She told me something about me staying with her and her roommate until I sobered up a little. I'm sure that at the time, I had no idea what she was saying.

We got to her apartment and she helped me up the stairs. Jamie was buzzed so she was still loose and had a really good sense of humor. We were laughing when we got to the door and instead of unlocking it, Jamie pounded loudly on the cold wood. I heard yelling on the inside and then the sound of the locks being unlocked.

The door flew open revealing a beautiful girl about my age and height. She had gold eyes that were lit up by the light above me. She had long black hair that was heavily layered and a mess, but it still looked beautiful. She glared at us until Jamie burst out laughing and pushed past her to walk into the living room.

The only source of light was the flashing of the lifetime movie on the television screen. Pretty Roommate sighed and shut the door behind me. I turned around to look at her and she flashed me a tired smile as she walked a little closer. I started laughing obnoxiously and she gave me a weird look. I started to feel dizzy and she must have noticed because she rushed over to me and helped me to the couch before I could pass out. I laid down and looked up at her.

"I'm Frank." I whispered with a smile.

"Corrine" she spat back at me and walked off in annoyance.

If I hadn't passed out 10 seconds later, I would have wondered why she was upset.

I found out the next morning that she had gone to work and Jamie informed me that Corrine completely loathed me. I think I was in love with her.

Over the next few months, I made her get to know me and she realized that I wasn't such a bad guy after all. So here we are now and the rest is history.

I let out a sigh of boredom and looked at the clock. It was only 10. Cory didn't know what time she would be done with her family but she said she would try to come afterwards. She would never leave my side at all if that were possible. It's really funny thinking back to the beginning and seeing how much things have changed. My thoughts acted as my lullaby and I slowly drifted to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later with Corrine asleep next to me. She had put my arm around her and she was snuggled into my side. I smiled and kissed her forehead while I thought of how lucky I was that she finally gave me a chance. I tightened my grip on her fragile frame and went back to sleep with my head protectively resting on hers.