Among Broken Guitar Strings

The Nearest Cliff.

So.

I guess we were supposed to just simply be a 'band' right out of the gate. The older man introduces himself as being known as the name Adler. It was such an unattractive name, but he had a funny looking face anyways. It suited him. He handed me sheet music and my heart sunk.

"I can't really read this." ,I admit. Everyones eyes are on me. Let them stare though. I was at least good at looking like I didn't really care. "I never really took choir or anything, so I never really had to learn it before."

"What kind of tacky sideshow musician can't read simple sheet music?!" ,Paiden exclaims loudly.

You. If I get a hold of a fork anytime soon.

"It's no big deal. Just tell me what I'm supposed to be playing and I can do pretty much anything."

Adler shrugs. "You only play back up. Just play 'C, D, A minor, and D'un over and over again and watch Jake for any changes."

I nod. "Let me just run and grab my guitar."

"Nonsense. We've got plenty up here already."

So there I stand with this awkwardly shaped electric guitar at least twice the size of the one I'm used to. All my notes ring out and all my mistakes are incredibly apparent. I. Hate. Amps. They should all go fall off a cliff into a valley of very pointy rocks.

Paiden can sing. She's a little pitchy and nasally to the point it's a bit annoying to listen to, but she still sounds so amazing I never even want to ever try to pick up a MIC ever again. Why do the hitches always have to be the perfect ones? Is there something about being pretty or talented that just ruins a person?

I start intentionally tripping up on my notes. I'm trying to fetched to stop singing or crack up badly or something. She doesn't though.

Quick! Where the fuck is the nearest cliff?
♠ ♠ ♠
I've got a couple readers commenting and they are my motivation. I'm sorry for not responding. Normally I do, I just can't do it properly with my Zune and I never am on Mibba on the desktop. <3