Status: This story will be updated slowly - but fear not, I will still do it. I'm an English major in college, so I have a ton of homework, so please be patient with me!

Love's Horrid Fruit

011

Draco

I had to work hard to keep myself from running to the library. I didn’t pause to talk to Crabbe or Goyle as I left the class room, too focused to be bothered by their idiocy. As I clutched Hermione’s letter, I could only think of what was going to happen. I reached the doors to the second level of the library and paused to unfold the parchment.

I want you

A smile spread across my face and I pushed the doors open. The pre-historic magic was on the other side. I walked over, trying not to make a scene. I reached the section, and found Hermione in the back. I set my bag down on a table and walked to her.

“Hermione,” I managed before our lips met.

I held her to me, touching her, or as much of her as I could through her robes and clothing. I pressed her to me as tightly as possible, trying to eliminate any and all space between us. Her back was to the wall, our fingers were tangled in each others hair. Her hair was surprisingly soft, being as bushy as it was. It was like silk.

Eventually we had to stop and breathe. Pulling away I cupped her face in my hands, and pressed my forehead against hers. Her eyes were closed as she caught her breath, but when she opened them. They were on me.

I placed another kiss on her lips, a soft one, then smiled. “Damn.”

She smiled, “I’m glad you liked my response.”

“Liked it? Oh no, I loved it.”

She kissed me, “Good.”

I stepped away from her and I lead to her a table. Pulling on my want I pointed it at the archway and said, “Muffilato.” I held Hermione’s hand and asked, “What now?”

Hermione rubbed small circles in the back of my hand, “I don’t know.”

“I’ve never been in a relationship like this before.”

Hermione frowned, “What about Pansy?”

“No. No, Pansy and I were never together.”

She frowned, “Oh?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged, “she was just someone I could fool around with.”

She nodded, still frowning, “I see.”

I cupped the side of her face, “But that’s not what I’m going to do with you. I’m gonna treat you right.”

“Draco, I believe you… but we can’t be public with our relationship.”

I frowned, “Why not?”

She pulled away and leaned back in her chair, “Think about it. If we come out and tell the whole school we’re together, how do you think your friends are going to react? I can tell you Harry and Ron will be all over you, thinking you put an imperious curse one me.”

“But I didn’t.”

“I know that, but they don’t.”

I looked at her then thought about how the people around me would act if Hermione and I went out with our relationship. Crabbe and Goyle wouldn’t care. They’re too stupid to care. Pansy is a bit more clever than they are, however. And cunning. She would probably spill out the events to her mother. The wretched woman being friends with my mother will tell her.

Once my father hears of the relationship… there will be no stopping his rage.

Hermione had a point.

“You’re right,” I said, “You’re right, we can’t tell anyone. Not now anyway.”

She smiled, “Not to sound like a girl, but it would make it more romantic.”

I chuckled, “Good,” I leaned in a kissed her, “However, I do want to take you out on our first trip to Hogsmead.”

She bit her lip, “I don’t know, I promised Harry and Ron that I would join them at the Three Broom Sticks.”

“Then lets you and I do something before then, eh?”

“Like what?”

“Go to the candy store… go to that coffee shop… Pansy wants me to take her there all of the time.”

Hermione smiled, “Honeydukes is fine.”

I smiled, “Fantastic.”

“So I’ll… see you tonight?”

Placing a kiss on her lips I replied, “Definitely.”

~

Upon arriving to the Slytherin common room I found Pansy waiting for me on one of the black velvet couches. As I came through the door she sat up on the seat and smiled.

“Hey, Draco,” her voice was irritating, “A package from your dad came. I’ve been waiting here to give it to you.”

My necklace?

Taking the package from her I went to go to my dorm room, but she stopped me. “You’re been acting very distant lately, and I was wondering if something was wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” I said, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I would like to see what my father sent me.”

She looked like she had been smacked, but I turned away and went to sit on my bed. Setting the parcels on the bed, I drew the curtains before I allowed myself to sink into the mattress. I tore open the brown wrapping and found a folded piece of parchment. It was a letter from my father.

Draco,
Glad to hear you’re doing well.
Father


My heart swelled with pain and disappointment. I honestly expected a bit more from him… something about home, anything.

But that’s just not my father.

Opening the package, I found it filled with countless amounts of sweets. The pain in my heart lessened a bit as I saw the silent message from my mother. Moving the Chocolate Frogs, Licorice Wands, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavored Beans, and Pumpkin Pasties aside, I noticed something weird about the bottom. Something stuck out in a corner and after pulling on it, the bottom came out. A box was at the bottom. Taking it out a note fell. Reading it, it said:

Draco,
Find a better code.
Father


Setting the letter down I picked up the box and opened it. The Opal Necklace gleamed at me, in the limited light. Closing the case, I slid it into my pillow case, intending on moving it later. I moved the candy back and opened my curtains. I was alone. Taking advantage of the moment, I moved the case to my trunk.

Leaving my room, I met up with Crabbe and Goyle in the common room. Goyle pushed Crabbe forward who cleared his throat, “Um… we wanted to know if you wanted to go to dinner with us.”

“Um… okay.”

“So you aren’t mad at us?”

“Why would I be mat at you?” I frowned at them.

“Well you sort of left in a hurry.”

“A little sensitive are we, Crabbe?”

He backed away, “N-No!”

“Whatever… lets eat.”

~

Dinner was terrible. It was all I could to stop myself from walking over the tables and taking Hermione in my arms. I kept moving in my seat, trying not to focus on her. It was the longest thirty minutes of my life. I was more than willing to walk out of there.

Now I was making my way up to the seventh floor to meet Hermione in the Room of Requirements. This time there was no hesitation. I wanted to meet her tonight. I skipped steps as my heart beat excitedly against my rib cage. I turned the corner and found the room waiting for me.

Hermione turned to me and she smiled, “Hey.”

“Hey.” My voice was breathy. I reached into my pocket and pulled out some of the Pumpkin Pasties, “Um… my mom sent me some sweets, and I know this is incredibly childish, but I didn’t know if you wanted some.”

Hermione giggled, “Thanks.”

“Yeah?”

She nodded, “Do you want to sit with me?” She moved to sit on a rug in front of the fireplace.

I followed her and handed her Pumpkin, “The room looks different.”

“No desk.”

“Ah,” I smiled, “Nice.”

She blushed and took a bite out of the sweet. I waited for her to finish before I kissed her. I went to pull away but she kissed me again. I held her to me as we laid back. I was over her as I kissed her, but pulled away. I looked down at her and smiled.

“What?” She asked.

“You’re so pretty,” I said, “I just never noticed it before.”

She blushed.

“You’re so beautiful, Hermione.”

She giggled, “You’re not too bad yourself.”

I smiled and I kissed her again. Pulling away, I laid next to her and took the came away from her. Picking off a piece I fed it to her and she smiled.

And I smiled right with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long.
Job hunting is very time consuming.
But here you go!
Hope you enjoy. :D

comments?