Status: This story will be updated slowly - but fear not, I will still do it. I'm an English major in college, so I have a ton of homework, so please be patient with me!

Love's Horrid Fruit

020

Hermione

I had locked myself away in the girl's lavatory where I was able to be alone for a moment. This was all happening so fast, I don't know where to go from here. I wrapped my arms around myself and rocked slowly back and forth.

Draco loves me.... Did I love Draco?

I mean, yeah, I had feelings for him, obviously, but I wasn't sure if I was in love of in lust with him. I didn't respond to Draco's proclamation... in fact I just walked away.

What am I going to do? God, I'm so stupid!

He needs to know that I still want to be with him, that I'm not quitting whatever it is we have. Getting up, I left the stall I was in, and gasped.

"Draco! What are you doing in here?"

He was angry. His face was twisted into the most ghoulish scowl. But he didn't answer.

"I'm sorry," I continued, "you scared me." I have him a smile, but his scowl remained. My smile faded and I became serious, "Draco, I... wanted to apologize for running away like that. It's just... I didn't see that coming, and-"

"After two months, you didn't see that coming?" His voice was low, "After two months of us sneaking around to snog in a bloody broom cupboard, or... or to have dates in the Room of Requirements, and the Three Broomsticks, you didn't see that coming?"

"No! Because it has only been two months! Draco, I want to be with you... to keep doing this with you, but... I don't want to jinx anything by saying 'love' too early."

Draco was quiet.

"Draco.... I do have... immensely strong feelings for you, I really do... I'm just... being careful is all."

Draco nodded, but still didn't say anything.

Walking forward, I reached out to him, but he pulled back. I frowned. "Please Draco... I want to be with you, I really do, but we have to take this slower."

Draco's scowl went down a bit, and he nodded, "Yeah, you're right. But I'm not taking back what I said. I love you, Hermione, take it or leave it."

I smiled and enveloped him into a hug, "I'll take it."

He smiled and we kissed .Pulling away, he held me to him and we stood in the middle of the girl's bathroom in silence. It was nice for such an awkward place, but I'm sure the girls will begin to wonder why the main door is locked. Pulling away, I smiled up at Draco and said, "How are we gonna get out of here?"

He chuckled, "No idea."

"We leave separately?"

"And go where?"

I shrugged, "I dunno."

He thought for a moment then said, "The library?"

I smiled in response and said, "Yes."

"Okay, I'll leave first."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and moved to the door. Opening it, he stepped out and I heard him walk away. I waited a few minutes, then followed suit. I made it halfway down the corridor when the voice of Professor Snape came from behind me.

"What do you think you are doing, Granger?"

I frowned, but put a smile on for him as I turned and replied, "I'm going to the library to pick up some books, Professor."

He frowned, "I meant, what are you doing here?" He gestured to the corridor.

"I had to use the toilet, and this was the closest at the time."

"And Draco? What was he doing here?"

My heart launched itself into my mouth, but I managed to say, "Why would I care about Draco?"

"Because I saw him coming out of the girl's lavatory!" He was now leaning into me and I gasped.

"Well I didn't notice him... but you should deduct points for Draco's perverted ways."

Straightening up he looked at me, "Is that what I should do?"

I nodded.

"Hm, well then, ten points from Gryffindor for telling a teacher what to do."

I scowled at him, "I'm sorry, Professor. Please excuse my gross subordination in telling you how to punish members from your house. Excuse me." I walked away, hurrying from the horrid Professor that I have always disliked. I rounded the corner and walked up a small flight of stairs heading to the Moving Staircase. I made it to the library and then to Draco.

He looked up at me and saw the worry that was surely engraved on my face, 'What's wrong?"

"Snape saw us."

His face fell, "Did he follow you?"

We carefully peered around the corner and spotted Snape coming into the library. We jumped back and looked at each other for a moment, then Draco smiled, "How about the lake house?"

"Fancy a swim?"

"Sure. I go, you follow."

"I need books."

Draco handed a pile into my hands, "Take these."

We smiled and parted ways, Draco leaving out of the fourth floor door way, while I calmly made my way down a metal spiral stairway to the main floor of the library, making my way to Madame Pince.

"Good evening, Miss Granger," said Madame Pince, "Will this be all?"

Smiling, I replied, "Yes ma'am. Just a bit of light reading."

"Light reading on how to fix magical objects?" Professor Snape came up behind me, "How peculiar a topic for you."

"Oh contraire," said Madame Pince, "Miss Granger has checked out an incredibly vast amount of subjects from this library. Several from this subject already if I do believe."

I nodded, "Yes. In fact it helped me repair Ron Weasley's Sneak'o'scope last semester."

Professor Snape looked unsatisfied and took a quick glance to the section where the books came from, then said, "Very well... carry on."

He walked away and I finished checking out the books, then I left the library, walking down the flights of moving stairs, and exiting Hogwarts. I saw Snape in the court yard, surveying the students, no doubt making sure I didn't leave the main part of the school. I turned to my right to go around the court yard that way, but found Seamus, Lee, and Ginny walking in my direction. Quickly, I ducked in with a group of third years, walking away before any of them could see me. We reached a path that lead to the boat house, and with a quick glance to make sure I wasn't being followed, I broke apart from the group and headed down.

Reaching the building, I entered in, finding Draco inside. He had his robes, vest, and tie off, leaving him in his black trousers and white button up shirt. The first few buttons where undone showing a little of his smooth chest. His sleeves were rolled up his arms stopping just short of his elbows. His hair was hanging in his face and I found myself wanting to hold him close to me.

He looked up at me when I came in, having been preoccupied by untying a boat. He smiled at me, and said, "I um... thought we could go out on one of the boats."

I smiled but it faded, "Snape is outside, with some Gryffindors. What if people see us?"

"Um..." He pulled out a thick wool blanket, "I was thinking you could duck down, and I'll cover you with this blanket? I know a place on the lake where no one will find us."

My smiled returned, "Okay."

I moved over to him, and he helped me into the boat. I found the bottom to be damp and used a hot air charm to dry it before I lay down. Draco threw the blanket over me and finished untying the boat before getting in. I could hear the water rush against the boat as Draco rowed, the sound of the oar hitting the water a very distinct thud, even below the water's surface. It took Draco around twenty minutes to get to where he wanted to be and he said, "You can come out now."

I sat up and found a little in let in the Forbidden Forest that was tucked well out of view of Hogwarts grounds. The forest was cold and creepy, and misty around us. Decaying leaves covered the floor which came to the edge of the boat, blending in with the rippling water equally covered with leaves. The leaves floated back over our path, hiding the fact that we were ever in here. Draco moved next to me and tucked himself under the blanket. He wrapped his arms around me, adding warmth to both of us. I rested my head against this chest and sighed with a smile.

"This place is nice," I said.

"I like it a lot."

"It's kind of scary."

He chuckled, "I don't think so."

"Why not?"

He was quiet for a moment, then replied, "It reminds me of home."

I looked up at him and asked, "Your home?"

"No... but it reminds me of my room."

I frowned, "Do you spend a lot of time in your room?"

"Did you check out those books?"

My heart fell but I nodded, "Yes. What's your interest in repairing magical objects?"

"I'm just curious."

I frowned but dropped the subject. He hugged me tighter, and kissed the back of my neck. At his touch, I melted into him, and sighed. I moved my head, reaching to kiss him myself and getting his lips in response. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

"What?" Draco let out a quick laugh.

"I... don't know. I guess I never thought I would be so happy with someone I used to despise."

His smile faltered a bit and asked, "Are you happy?"

I nodded, "Yes! Of course I am!"

He smiled softly, "Good."

"Are you happy?"

He frowned, "You know how I feel."

I smiled, "You feel awful being in love with someone you're supposed to hate.... But it's the happiest you've felt all year."

He laughed, "In years, actually."

"Really?"

He nodded.

"What about being the Prince of Slytherin? Dating Pansy?"

"No.... Being pressured to be better than what I am... dating a bimbo.... None of those gives me the satisfaction I get from dating you. You give me only what you want me to have. And you're not an idiot. You're one of the smartest people I've ever come to know. And I couldn't be more thankful."

I smiled, and kissed him. This kiss was more intense than the first, and I pressed myself against his body. Pulling away slightly I said, "I want to lose myself in you." My voice was breathy due to the kiss.

He shuddered, "God I want that."

I kissed him again, pulling his shirt out of its tucked position in his pants. I ran my hand up his chest. My fingers lavished over the feeling of his muscles that were pressed against his skin. I wrapped my legs around his, pulling him even closer. His hands were busy unbutton the white shirt of my uniform under my grey vest. He succeeded, and his hands ran up my stomach, slowly. My breathing increased as I anticipated him cupping my breast in his hands, which he granted me. His thumbs circled over my hardened nipples which were under the fabric of my bra, and everything in me tightened. I let out a moan and he responded by moving his mouth down my neck. As be bit and sucked at my skin, I found my hands moving down his chest, over his stomach, and to the button of his pants.

His hands flew down to mind and he pulled away, "Hold-hold-hold on," he smiled quickly and said, "Not here."

I frowned, "Why?"

"We're in a boat."

I shrugged, "So?"

"I don't want our first time being in a boat," he said, "I... want it to be special."

I smiled, "Well... can we... fool around?"

He looked surprised, then let out a boisterous laugh, "well look at this! The goody-goody Gryffindor wants to fool around!" He laughed again and I frowned.

"I have a sex drive too," I said, "I just happen to have never used it."

He stopped laughing and gave a semi-serious face, "Are you serious?"

"I would never joke about that."

"No offense Hermione.... But I totally thought you were shagging Potter."

I was shocked. Pulling away, I sat up and pushed the blanket off of me, "I can't believe you would think that!" Standing, I stepped out of the boat and turned to him, closing my white shirt as much as I can now I was exposed to the cold, "I am not a whore."

Draco was trying his best not to smile as he climbed out of the boat after me, "Hermione, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying.... It's just.... It's just... really funny to hear you talk like that. I'm sorry." He pulled me into a hug that I didn't want to return, but eventually did.

"I love you, Hermione."

I smiled and replied, "I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit! An update.

Please feel free to chew me out in comments... or to let me know if you liked this in a comment.... or you can just comment.... Either way it'll make me happy to see them. :D