Status: Active.

Beneath the Tides

Shatter.

The next morning, Aquanetta was quickly already out of the water, lying out on large rock, letting her tail dry. She rung out her long hair and thought back to the length Allie had hers at. She now wanted it cut. She ran her hand up and down her tail, hopping that the friction would dry it quicker. She groaned in annoyance, and leaned back, stretching herself out. Her tail was much longer that what her legs were, so she could feel the tip of her fin hitting the cold ground. She closed her eyes and hummed a tune that her mother used to sing to her before she died.

She tried to lift her tail up a little to more comfortable position, but realized that she finally dried off and that she had legs again. She smiled widely, and then jumped down off the rock over to Dylan's shirt. She slipped it on, and then started walking out of the forest, back to the spot where she first met her new...friends she guessed she could call them.

When she reached the beach, she sat down on the warm sand and sighed. She looked up at the sun, squinting slightly at the harsh glare. She still had about an hour before they would get there, so she decided to relax. She laid back, closing her eyes. It felt good to relax on sand and not rocks all the time. She felt the sun leave her skin, and opened her eyes to see Allie and Melanie staring down at her. Like Allie had promised the day before, there were clothes in her hands. "Did you fall asleep?" Melanie joked. Aquanetta smiled and stood up.

"I must have," she said. Allie and Melanie smiled and Allie handed Aquanetta the clothes. "Thank you," she said, and went into the bathrooms that were on the pier and got changed into the dress and sandals she brought her. She walked back out and saw the back of someone standing there with them. She had wavy, brown hair and tan arms and legs. Aquanetta walked closer and the girl turned around, almost taking Aquanetta's breath away. The girl was gorgeous. She had beautiful hazel eyes and a very pretty smile.

"You must be Aqua. I'm Zoey," she said. Aquanetta smiled widely.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," she said nicely. Zoey smiled at her and then her smile turned into a wide grin.

"So, what are we just standing here for? Let's move our asses!" She said. Allie laughed.

"Well, then let's go," she said.

The four girls walked into the mall, and Aquanetta felt very strange in such a big place with so many people. When someone crashed into her, she let out a terrified squeak, and fell on her ass. "Hey! Is it to hard for you to at least say sorry?!" Zoey yelled at the person. Aquanetta felt something swell in her when Zoey stuck up for her, but then embarrassment crept in. She should've been paying attention.

"Zoey, it 's fine," Aquanetta said, taking the hand that Allie offered and hoisted herself up.

"No, it's not. That fucker should've been watching where he was fucking going," Zoey seethed.

"She hates it when someone knocks someone else down, and doesn't even apologize. It's her pet peeve," Melanie whispered in Aquanetta's ear. Her pet peeve? What the hell is that? Aquanetta thought.

"Her wha-" She was cut off, but Allie and Melanie pushing her forward.

"Come on you two. We have shopping to do!" Melanie squealed, her brown eyes gleaming. They took her into a store, and pushed shoes into her hands. She tried to put them on, but couldn't quite figure out how they worked yet. She looked around and thankfully saw someone trying on the same pair. She followed their example and put the shoes on. She stood up, and tried to walk towards her friends. When she was almost their, one of her ankles gave way and she teetered to the left. She tried to gain balance back, but lost.

Aquanetta saw the ground rushing up to meet her, and closed her eyes waiting for impact. A couple seconds later, she landed on something soft, not the ground. She opened her eyes and saw Zoey underneath her. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," Aquanetta quickly apologized, her face getting hot. She pushed herself off of her, and then helped Zoey up.

"It's my fault. I tried to catch you, but tripped and brought you down with me," Zoey laughed, her hazel eyes lightening up with her amusement. Aquanetta smiled. She loved her eyes. "By the way, those shoes make your legs look great," Zoey whispered, winking at her. She felt her face heat up again, and giggled slightly.

"Thanks, how much are they?" She asked. The lady told her and she visibly paled. "I have no money," she whispered, finally realizing that.

"Aqua, I told you yesterday that Mel and I are paying for everything today. Don't worry about the cost either, okay?" Allie said, looking Aquanetta in the eyes. Green meeting blue. Aquanetta took a deep breath and then nodded.

"Thank you," she said.

"Actually," Zoey said slowly, gaining everyone's attention. "I'll be buying these." She handed a piece of plastic to the lady, and then helped Aquanetta put the shoes back in the box.

"Thanks," Aqunatta said. "For everything. You're being so nice to me, even though you just met me. I really, really appreciate it," she said honestly, looking at the three girls in front of her.

"Don't worry about it, Aqua," Mel said. Aquanetta smiled, grabbed her bag, and they continued going to other stores.

When they were done, they went back to the beach. The four of them were now in bikinis. Allie's was a dark green, matching her eyes. Mel was wearing a pink one, Zoey and Aquanetta were wearing Ed Hardy ones. Zoey's was green and purple, and Aquanetta's was, of course, blue. "How was shopping?" Jason asked, gathering Allie up in his arms.

"It was great. We got Aqua a hell of a lot of shit," Melanie said. Aquanetta smiled.

"And I appreciate everything you guys got for me, even though you three went overboard on a lot of it," she laughed.

"They do that all the time," Dylan said, pulling Zoey into a hug, and then pressing his mouth to Melanie's. "Are you girls coming in the water with us?" He asked. Aquanetta felt a flash of fear.

"Yeah, we'll come in," Allie said.

"Uh..I can't," Aquanetta said.

"What's wrong?" Melanie asked. Come on, Aqua. Think of a lie, Aquanetta thought quickly.

"My parents drowned and I've kind of been afraid of water ever since," she lied.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," Allie said quickly, pulling Aquanetta into a hug, making her feel guilty.

"You guys go ahead. I'll sit here with Aqua," Zoey said. The group nodded and made their way to the ocean. "Aqua... I'm really sorry about your parents," she said quietly.

"It's fine."

"How long has it been?"

"Two years," Aquanetta lied again. Zoey frowned in sadness.

"I'm here if you need me," she said gently, placing her hand on Aquanetta's.

"Thank you," Aquanetta said, staring into Zoey's beautiful hazel eyes.

"Zoey!" The two girls turned their heads to see a girl with black hair and brown eyes running towards them. Aquanetta saw Zoey's eyes light up, and she stood up, running towards the girl. When they met, Zoey pressed her lips to the girl's, and Aquanetta felt her heart shatter slightly.

Image


Aqua's Bikini

Zoey's Bikini

Allie's Bikini

Mel's Bikini
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so it looks like Aqua's got some competition. What do you think should happen? Also, should the girl be a sweetheart all the time, or just when Zoey's around? Your comments and input are much appreciated. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.