Late Dawns and Early Sunsets

Late Dawns Part 1

“Hey babe? Come on, we need to keep moving.” Frank patted Gerard on the back as he walked towards the silver Saburu.
Gerard’s eyes were glazed over and slightly wet from crying. “Yeah.. Alright.” How could this have happened to the world? To me? He thought. Whimpering slightly, he shifted his eyes to a door he knew led into a basement where the body of his best friend Ray Toro lay, still, cold, lifeless. He bit his lip and stood on shaky legs. You have to go Gerard, walk. You can’t stay here any longer. He took a step forward, stumbled, and fell to the ground in a puddle of tears.
“Oh Gee…” Frank sighed wistfully as he made his way back to Gerard. Crouching next to him, he pulled the older man into his arms and ran his hands through his soft dark locks, whispering words of comfort into his ears.
It was a good twenty minutes before Gerard’s body stopped heaving and he calmed down enough to wipe his tears. Frank lifted his chin and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. “Gee, honey, we have to go now..” He stood up and took Gerard’s hand. He got to his feet hesitantly and the two slowly walked towards the car.
With one last glance at the basement door, Gerard slid into the passenger seat next to Frank.