Status: Not active at the moment, sorry. Doing a lot of do-overs on this story.

Just Once

Crashing down

Still Justis's Point of View

Ally and I managed to sneak past her parents again. Honestly, her parents were pretty oblivious. I knew I shouldn't be coming to her house like this but the temptation was unbearable. I was falling for her and I knew it, I knew it well. I felt like crap for kissing Stephanie again and fooling with Ally. I needed to tell her...

"What's on your mind?" We were lying on her bed and she was playing with my hair.

"Oh," I smiled and shoved my face into her sweet smelling hair. "Just thinking about us."

"What about us?"

"I--" I couldn't bring myself to tell her yet. "I don't know, just stuff."

"Pleeeaase tell me!" She pouted.

"Well, um, I guess we need to talk." She snapped up when I said that and my heart sank.

"About what?" her voice was thick with worry but I could tell she was trying to sound normal.

"Ally...I played you." I said it, I said it. I can't believe I said it.

She laughed. "Shut up, Justis, what are you talking about?"

“I made a bet,” I took a deep breath. “I made a bet with Trey that I could get in your pants.” She didn’t move when I said that.

“Justis…” She whispered my name and my heart broke.

“But I love you.” I blurted out and I felt a sense of overwhelming relief. I started crying right then and there and I put my face deeper in her hair to hide my tears. We sat there for what I swear was three hours but when I looked at the clock it had only been five minutes.

“Justis, I don’t know what to say.” I could hear the sadness in her voice and I pulled her against my body, trying to comfort her.

“Say you love me?” I chuckled nervously.

“I can’t…” Her voice was still quiet.

“Why not?” I said and tears started coming down my cheeks faster.

“I don’t love you.” She said bluntly. I didn’t know what to say to her. It felt like my heart literally broke into a million pieces and all the pieces were falling into my stomach. Then I let out my sob, the one I couldn’t hold in any longer. The pain was too great. I couldn’t believe I was feeling like this because it hadn’t even been that long with her and I was so deeply in love with her.
“Justis, Justis, no don’t cry. Oh no, please don’t cry.” She had flipped over and was combing her fingers through my hair, kissing my tears off my face. I felt so pathetic.

“Ally, I don’t care how long it takes. I’m coming over every day and I’m going to make you fall in love…I’m going to love you…I’m going to be here, forever, I swear.” I managed out through my tears.

Ally's Point of View

“Ally, I don’t care how long it takes. I’m coming over every day and I’m going to make you fall in love…I’m going to love you…I’m going to be here, forever, I swear.” Justis cried into me and I felt horrible. I didn’t mean to hurt him like this. He’s the one that played me. I knew he was sincere when he started crying and it made me cry too. I couldn’t believe he started crying, the sob that came out of him…I never wanted to hear it again.

“I know you will,” I whispered. “I know.” I ran my fingers through his hair, soothingly. I wanted to fix him, make him feel better. I would do anything.

Justis and I sat there for a long time and he stopped crying after awhile. It didn’t look pathetic when he cried, just broken; like his whole world came crashing down and he didn’t know what to do. It didn’t make any sense because I couldn’t have done this to him…we didn’t even know each other that long.

He started snoring lightly and I knew he was asleep.

“Crap,” I said out loud. My door was locked because I didn’t want my parents walking in on us so I knew they wouldn’t be coming in here, I could let him sleep. “I love you, Justis.” I closed my eyes and snuggled into his neck.