‹ Prequel: Defying Gravity

She Loves You Yeah

She Loves You Yeah

I waited for everyone to fall asleep before I sneaked out of the room and over to where the dream machine was. Opening it, I set the timer for ten minutes grudgingly. An hour in the dream world would never be enough time, but I had to do it. I took out one of the plugs and placed it in my wrist, and sat down in the chair next to the table. I rested my hand on the button and sighed. I knew what I was doing was wrong.

Boy did I know.

But I had to. I had to see her again.

Pressing the button, a hissing sound came and blackness soon came over me, taking me into the dark pits of slumber.

~

I found myself in our favorite bungalow in Hawaii, the sun setting over the ocean behind the palm trees and the hammock. Brittany and I were standing on the patio, the screen door leading into the house still open. I had my arms around her and she rested her head in the nook of my neck. She was wearing her favorite outfit: a white halter top over a brown gypsy skirt. A tiger lily was tucked in her long blond hair which blew in the wind.

I leaned down and kissed her cheek, remembering the feeling of it under my lips. She turned into it, and soon I was kissing her lips. Pulling away slightly I sighed, "I miss you so much."

She turned to look at me, her big blue eyes seemed impossibly bluer lost behind all of that hair, "I miss you too, Art."

I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead against her, "I only have an hour."

Smiling she said, "Do you want to make the most of it?"

I looked at her and smiled, taking her lips with mine again. She was the one to pull away this time, leading me back into the house, and into the bedroom, a large picture window faced the water, the sunset making the room glow orange. We had our clothing off before we even hit the bed. I kissed her as she sank into the mound of pillows that we never used. The orange light, now slowly tinting red, bounced off of her skin giving her a nice glow.

I leaned over her, my erection quivering just outside of her, looking into her eyes, waiting for access. She smiled and kissed me, and I took this as a yes. Slowly I pushed myself into her, and she gasped, her arms wrapping around me, her fingers digging into my skin. She broke the kiss and leaned her head back and gasped.

Pulling out, I did the movement again, and she brought her head down to look at me. She sighed and her eyes closed, her hands sliding up my back and to my head, pulling me down for a kiss. The comforter puffed up around us, like a cloud. The sun light held out, becoming now an orange red. It was going to go blue soon.

She pulled away from the kiss and whispered, "Arthur, oh God."

I laughed, "You're cheering yourself on, dear."

"Oh Arthur."

I put my mouth next to her ear and whispered, "Much better." I stuck my tongue into her ear and she giggled. It always ticked her, which she usually hated. It made me smile whenever she got angry in bed.

My goal was achieved.

She rolled us over and glared down at me, "You know I hate that."

"You know I love you angry."

She smiled and rode me, her hips moving slowly. It drove me crazy whenever she did this. My hands traveled up her legs, over her waist, and then coming to a stop at her breasts. I cupped them as she braced herself with the headboard. Her nipples became hard under my touch, and I raised myself to take on into her mouth. She sighed and I rolled us back over, my back hunched deeply to maintain my tongue movements, allowing it to flick over her skin every now and then. She sighed, a moan escaping her mouth. Her arms stretched out to her side, gripping the comforter, twisting it in her hands.

"Oh, Arthur, uh!"

I was coming, I could feel it. By now the sun had nearly set, the color of the room now a violet, the color now being absorbed in her skin, which radiated off it's own light in the impending night light. She glowed like an angel, and I was glad that she was mine. Her cries grew more intense as I picked up speed, her hands flying to my back, her hands holding onto me as I moved in her. Her head moved back into the pillows, the tiger lily still in her hair, only now it was covered by it. She closed her eyes as I quickened, and soon I finished.

I stayed inside of her as she finished over me, and then I pulled out, her body relaxing with every inch I took out. Now totally free from her, I laid down next to her, my naked body pressed against hers, her breast bare to the world, and still smooth and hard. I let my hand play with her right nipple, her left pressed against me and the cloud of bedding. She was on her side, her hand cupping my face, her thumb rubbing my cheek, back and forth.

"How's life?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Miserable without you."

"How is Cobb?"

"He's good."

"And Eames?"

"As impossible as ever."

She smiled, the movement lightening up her eyes. By now the room was a navy blue, the color making her look like a work of art, the glow from before still there. I kissed her, deep at first, but slowly after the sound of music came from the real world.

Tears filled my eyes as I looked at her, afraid of leaving her again. She frowned at me and said, "Don't cry, Arthur. Please don't cry."

"I can't leave you."

She held me close to her for a moment, allowing me to inhale the smell of her hair, and memorize the feeling of her naked in my arms. Pulling away from me, she wiped a rogue tear and said, "I love you Arthur."

I chocked on a sob and closed my eyes. When I opened them I said, "I love you."

But she was gone. Her warmth was missing, replaced by cold air. The bungalow missing and replaced by the studio apartment that we were renting while we were staying in Paris. Real tears escaped my eyes as I stood, ripping the plug from my wrist and ran to the bathroom, digging in my pocket for the loaded die. I dropped it on the counter and I crumbled, kicking the cabinet under the sink. My sobbing suppressed by my lack of wanting anyone to wake up. I threw my back against the bathroom titled wall and I slid down, my knees close to my chest, and my head buried in my hands.

The door opened, and I didn't need to look up to know who it was. Eames sat down, leaning against the cabinet, he didn't say anything for a moment, letting me cry and get all of the sobs out of my system.

"You know that's not going to help you get over her." He said.

I sniffed and leaned my head against the hard wall, "It's so hard," he said.

"I can only imagine."

"I want to hold her... to kiss her... to smell her hair."

"I know. But that's not the way to do it."

I shook my head, letting the new wave of tears take over before I said, "I know." I nodded, "I know."

Eames placed his hand on my knee, "You'll let her go. Not now, not in a year, probably not for a long time, but you'll let go. And you'll realize that letting go is what Britt would have wanted."

I sighed and chocked on a sob, "I never got to tell her that I loved her."

Eames looked at me, the sorrow registering in him, but he said, "You didn't have to. She knew. She knew, mate."

"How do you know?"

"She loved you."

I looked at Eames, the man I never thought of ever having a heart to heart with, especially not in a bathroom, and I sniffed, "You... you think she really did?"

"Yeah. She did. Don't you remember? She told you."

I shook my head, "No... no I was pretty sure my mind was making that up."

"She didn't tell you in the dream world. Or in the real world. She told you when you two made love for the first time."

I suppressed a sob, and let the new tears fall. "God I miss her so much."

"We all do."

I took a moment to collect myself, and I sighed heavily, expecting the weight to fall from my heart, but the boulder was still there. I sighed again and turned to Eames, "Th-thanks, man."

"No problem," he said. Standing he held out his hand, and I took it.

"I've got the dream using under control, by the way," I said.

"Just as long as we don't have a repeat of Cobb."

I smiled and let a small laugh choke out of my throat and nodded. I wiped my eyes before we walked back out of the bathroom and headed back to the beds where I took mine, holding the flat, battered teddy bear with a missing eye which was eaten by a dog. I placed the small toy to my face and inhaled deeply, smelling Brittany on it. I set her bear in the spot next to me, and let tears fall silently down my face as I looked it in the black eye.

"I love you Brittany," I whispered, before giving one last sigh and closing my eyes, falling asleep to be with her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad. Yeah, but I like it.

Comments are always welcomed!