Status: Hiatus

Wild Thing

p r o l o g u e

"Hey, I'm back! I got your books and everything else you needed!"

There was no reply from the small apartment as I struggled with bags and bags of school supplies and groceries. I spotted his dark blonde mop of hair on the arm of the couch in the living room, making me sigh in frustration. Managing to lug everything in, I sorted everything out in the kitchen, putting the groceries away and separating my school supplies from his. I ran my hand through my hair; I was beginning to miss the rich dark mahogany color.

I looked around at the kitchen walls, the seafoam green glared at me harshly as if I'd done something wrong. Glancing at the clock, I noted it was getting close to dinner. I made his favorite tomato soup and grilled cheese. By the time I was finished, he ambled into the kitchen and sat on top of the island.

"Where's my credit card?" He looked down at me expectantly.

Moving away from the stove, I picked up the gold card I set aside and handed it to him. "I put it on top of your school things. Don't forget we start classes tomorrow. You've got Business Law at 10 AM and then you and I have Law and Ethics at noon."

"Oh."

That was the last thing he said before I served dinner. It was silent, the television running in the background as we ate. I read a book as I ate: The Selected Poems Of D.H. Lawrence. I know it wasn't supposed to be good for my digestion, or whatever, but I did it anyway. Briefly, I glanced up, locking eyes with the man across from me before returning to my reading.

"Wanna have sex?"

Closing my book, I looked up, staring into the amused face of Denver Irving.

"You're a vulgar pig."

Picking up my dishes, I placed them in the sink before sauntering out of the kitchen towards the bedroom, Denver hot on my heels. Just as I reached the bedroom, he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder and slammed the door shut.

He was a wild thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. I'm really excited to write this one. The prologue's short and not too interesting, but it's something to think about. Don't knock it until you've read the next chapter please! :)