Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

Prelude

April 13th, 2002.

So Mom just gave me this journal and told me to write in it. Seriously? What is this, the Princess Diaries or something? Whatever, I bet she just wants to steal it once I actually write in it so she can read about what I’m feeling or some kind of crap like that. I don’t even know if I want to write in this or not. It’s a pretty boring journal, just shades of grey and cloud kind of things on the front. Emily is gone, I’m not sure where she is. I probably could have gone with her, but I’ve been in a weird mood lately. I don’t know but it feels like something bad might happen really soon. Maybe it’s nothing…hopefully it’s nothing. It’s late, I’m done with this, bed time for me.

April 13th, 2002.

Wow, a journal . . . Mom gave it to me and I have no idea why I’m writing in it. Kinda funky lookin, totally my style. I guess it’ll be fun to hide from her but I figure she gave Amy one too. Amy’s been in an odd mood and I know why. Dad told me, they just haven’t told Amy about it yet . . . I should probably get out of the tree house dad built for Amy and I and get to bed.


April 20th, 2002.

Well. Looking back on my last post sucks. That weird crappy mood I was in was for a reason after all. Mom says I tune into other people’s feelings really easily, which is weird. The only person I can ever really tell what they’re feeling is Emily, and that’s because she’s my twin. But! Back to what I’m writing about. Mom and Dad decided they want to get a divorce. A divorce! Really! How awesome is that (sarcasm). No warning at all, just that weird funk around the house for a couple weeks. I don’t know what I’m going to do without one of them. I don’t even know what’s going to happen. Like, are Em and I going to have to spend a week at Moms house and then a week at Dads? That’s what my friend Ashley does and she hates it. Oh my God this isn’t cool at all. This is going to suck so hard.

April 20th, 2002.

Well they told her. She isn’t happy, and it’s not like I am. I mean who want their parents to split? I get they fight sometimes but who doesn’t? Dad’s already started looking for somewhere to live but I really don’t want to jump back and forth between houses for the next five freakin years. Hmm . . . maybe I can make this work to my benefit. Like guilt trip them into getting me and Amy Red Wing tickets, right on the ice. Oh I am a genius. Maybe this divorce won’t be so bad.


July 5th, 2004.

Wow, totally forgot I had this journal. I just found it under my bed, must have gotten pushed under their awhile ago. Here’s the story. Mom and Dad ended up actually getting divorced. Dad found some amazing job or some shit out in California. CALI-FUCKING-FORNIA! And of course, he didn’t want to leave one of his baby girls here, so he took Emily with him. Yup, just fucking up-rooted my twin sister from right beside me and flew her across the god damn country. Awesome. It’s been two years. It’s not the same without Em here, it never will be. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m really mad at Dad at the moment because this bullshit could have been avoided if he just found a job here, in Michigan, and didn’t move across the country. Emily is visiting soon though, so that’s a plus side. It’s always so much better when she comes to visit, you know? When she’s not here, it feels like there’s something missing. Which makes sense, right? I mean, she is my twin after all. I hate how she only visits during the holidays or summer. But it’s summer now and she gets to stay here for two weeks! So that’s amazing for me.

July 5th, 2004.

Finally unpacked my last box and found this in it . . . wow I was devious, but it did work. Got Wings tickets out of it. And the Oscar goes to . . . ? I’m lame . . . But dad’s job out here is so fuckin cool. He only lived out here for a few months then called ma saying he missed Amy and I and wanted one of use to move out and live with him. Well ma was really torn up about it, she really didn’t want to say yes to him but . . . I kina begged her to let me go live out there with him. I was so fuckin sick of living there, don’t get me wrong I love my sister, I mean come on I spent nine months in womb with the chick! And I love mom more than anything but . . . It’s California, Los Angeles of all places! I know Amy is pissed off at dad still, he knows it too and tries to fix it but I’ve told him the only way would be for me to move back there. I really don’t want to. I’ve made such great friends, plus the guys, and the beach, and the constant sunshine. Its addicting! But I’ll be flying back to good ol’ Detroit to see Amy and Mom. Too bad it isn’t hockey season. Did I mention dad get’s freakin Kings season tickets? Yeah I love it here.


February 1st, 2008.

I need to pay more attention to this thing. It’s actually a good way to get your emotions out if you think about it. Wasn’t it Oprah that said if someone got you mad, you should write a letter to them but not send it? I think so. This is kind of like that. I’m not really surprised the only entries in here were about the divorce. It’s been what, six years now? I’m over it for the most part. I haven’t talked to Emily in the longest time. She ended up loving it in Cali so she’s still living there. The time difference makes it hard to talk and also the fact that we haven’t seen each other in awhile. I’ve been busy trying to find a good career that suits me I suppose. I’m still not sure what I want to do yet, though I have some ideas. I guess I just need some big, life changing event to happen, maybe that’ll help me along. Well, I should put this thing away or else I’ll be late for work.

February 1st, 2008

Holy shit. Ha god I can’t believe I still have this thing after six fuckin years! Hmm I’m gonna read what I wrote, which isn’t a lot. . . . okay wow . . . . man I haven’t talked to Amy in a long ass time. I don’t even have a Facebook, not enough time to do that. Graduated high school last year and dad hooked me up with an internship at a fashion boutique. I plan to start my own line somewhere in the future hopefully. But now that I have this new apartment, right down the street from the staple center, I’m pretty freakin happy. God I sound thirteen again. Maybe I should call Amy, do I even have her cell number? Huh wonder what she’s up to. Well I’ve got to split. Kings game baby and they’re playing Detroit, who to go for? I’m gonna say Kings because of well . . . I’ll save that for another time.