Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XXII

“Did you get the email with all the information about Finland?” Val asked. He was currently on the way to the game in Anaheim and decided to call me while I sat on the set of a small movie my friend was filming. We had to take a break so they could figure something out, and I had sat down with my laptop.

“No, I haven’t got anything yet.”

“When is the last time you checked your email?” I thought for a second, trying to remember.

“Early yesterday?”

“Maybe try it again,” He said and I heard Justin’s loud voice and chuckled.

“Tell Abby I say hi,” I said, pulling up my email account, seeing that I had two new emails. “Oh, yeah, there’s two unread emails. Hold on.”

I clicked the inbox page and noticed an email from my sister. After hovering the mouse over the email with no subject for a few moments, I finally clicked it. The message loaded and showed that it was downloading a picture. I felt my eyebrows pull together in confusion, trying to figure out what picture she would be sending me.

“Justin says you have to go to Muskegon with him some time soon because his mom wants to see you,” Val said but I only half heard it as I stared at the picture on my screen.

“Mmmm.”

“Amy?” Val asked, sounding somewhat worried.

“Yeah?” I asked, still staring at the picture.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…I’m just looking at an email…”

“What email? The one from Ilari?”

“What? Oh, no. It’s from Emily.”

“How did Emily get your email address?”

“Most likely my mom gave it to her…”

“Well what does it say?” He asked and I heard loud talking in the background.

“It’s a picture of an ultrasound,” I said quietly.

“She sent you an ultrasound of the baby?” He didn’t sound as surprised as I thought he would have, but I brushed it off as nothing.

“I guess so.”

“Maybe it’s her way of trying to form a truce.”

“I doubt it, knowing how she is,” I said quietly.

“Hey Amy, are you ready for the next scene?” Dylan, the director of the movie, asked.

“Yeah sure. Val, I gotta go, we’re ready to film.”

“Okay, We really need to talk when I get back…” The tone of voice he used cause me to stop what I was doing.

“Okay?”

“Amy!”

“Gotta go, love you. Bye.”

“Love you too.” I quickly put my laptop and phone away so we could get the scenes for the day done.

-

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked, taking a seat next to Val on the couch.

“All the stuff going on with you and Emily.”

“What about it?”

“It’s not healthy.” He said, giving me a serious look and I leaned back a bit.

“Excuse me?”

“She’s your sister! Your twin even! You guys shouldn’t be acting like this, and the fact that your stubborn is no excuse for it.”

“So what are you saying?” I asked, narrowing my eyes slightly.

“I want you two to get over yourselves and make up. Simple as that. Be the adults that you are and get over it.”

“And if I don’t?” I challenged.

“I want this done before we’re married.” He said without hesitation, causing me to sit back and stare at him.

“So what you’re saying is, that if I don’t make up with my sister, which is something that is completely my choice…you’re not going to marry me?”

“If it comes to that…”

“Shut up Val,” I said, pushing him lightly.

“Amy, I’m not kidding…I’m being completely serious.” I just looked at him. “You two shouldn’t be like this. I can tell you used to be close by the way you both feel betrayed by each other. You need to sit down and talk about it with her, reconcile, or I’m serious, the wedding will be off.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked around the room, not wanting to see the look in his eye. I never thought something like this would happen to us, come between us in our relationship. Now I was faced with a dilemma. I could have gone years without talking to Emily again and been fine, because I’ve been known to hold grudges. But I couldn’t go very long without Val in my life. I felt trapped. Biting my lip, I looked back at him.

“You’re going to be late for you game,” I said quietly, looking down again. I heard him heave a sigh before he pushed himself off the couch to go get ready to leave as I remained on the couch, trying to let the whole conversation that had just happened sink in.