Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XXVII

I was laid out across the bed while Jack had my shirt rolled up and was tracing patterns on my belly. I ran my fingers through his hair, knowing this last game was hard on him and the guys. Justin was hurt during the game tonight against Calgary and we were waiting on word about how bad it was.

“How bad did it seem?” I asked quietly since I wasn’t at the game.

“It didn’t seem bad, he was checked but . . . you know how it is, same thing happened with me.” Jack answered with a sigh.

“Hopefully he won’t be out forty one games like you were.” I traced my hand down to his bare shoulders, happy his scar from surgery had faded. Jack jumped when his phone started going off.

“Dislocated shoulder . . . They’re talking about calling Oscar Moller up.” Jack told me with a slight frown.

“I’ll call Kelly in the morning, now come on you have practice in the morning.” I told him as I turned the light off. I fixed my shirt and pulled up the blankets as Jack got in bed next to me.

-

I tried to keep the tears from escaping my eyes as I held Anze’s hand while they took his skate off. I didn’t know how it happened, I had left the second period early to go to the bathroom, and when I was coming down the hall I saw Anze being helped into the locker room. Anze placed his head on my shoulder as the maneuvered the skate off his injured ankle.

“It’s okay,” I told him rubbing his back with my free hand. I noticed Murray walk into the room as the doctor examined the ankle.

“You okay Kopi?” I glared over at Murray for asking the question. “Sorry, stupid question.”

“Don’t worry about it, focus on the team coach.” Anze muttered then hissed as the probed his ankle.

“Hun it’s probably broken.” I told him with a frown. “It needs to be x-rayed and then iced.”

“I’ll call ahead to the hospital; we need to get you out of this gear.” The trainer said to him.

“Come with me please?” Anze asked quietly. I nodded and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll make sure someone tells Jack.” One of the trainers told him he’d go tell Jack before he went out on ice.

“Thank you, alright let’s get him to the car.”

-

Rubbing my forehead I let out a heavy sigh as I sat down on the bed.

“How you feeling babe?” Jack asked as he sat behind me and started rubbing my back.

“Who has the voodoo dolls, seriously? And with the way Erik was hitting you into the board . . .” I growled out mad that Jack could’ve gotten a concussion.

“I’m okay, he wasn’t hitting hard enough.” Jack reassured me as his hands worked out the knots in my back.

“Can you go to my lower back? Your son is pressing on my spin,” He laughed moving his hands lower and pressed against my lower spin. I hissed as I felt the baby move. “Jack,”

“What?” I reached behind me grabbing his hand and placed it on my stomach. Waiting a moment I felt the baby move again. “Was that the baby?”

“Yeah . . .” I answered in amazement.

“It really makes this real, our little boy.” Jack rested his chin on my shoulder, both of us just enjoying this moment. Letting the troubles of his team and my family be pushed in the back of our minds.